2nd Trimester
Options

How many people will attend your baby shower?

My MIL is in the midst of planning mine and I feel like it's going to be on the small side with 15ish people that can make it.  The invite list has 40 ish people on it, but most can't come because of either timing or because they live too far away. 

I guess I feel like it's going to be too small and am curious to see what others showers are going to be like. 

Re: How many people will attend your baby shower?

• Options
    I had 7 ladies at my shower, and it was wonderful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If my mom and MIL go in one one shower for both sides of the family, I'm looking at 45-50. my side alone is 32.  My mom has been talking about throwing me a shower in January, I have no idea if MIL is planning anything on her own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At mine, for my son, I think we counted somewhere around 50ish? That's only my side, his is all out of town, and we talk to EVERYONE on my mom and dad's side, plus we have a big family. Who cares how many there are, just means more time spent with each person. I felt like I was running around all day talking to people and there were some people I don't think I even talked to lol. It's just important that some people are there, as long as you have fun and enjoy yourself that's what counts :)

• Options

I live about 3 hours away from most of my family, so I will probably have one shower in my hometown and one shower where I currently live.  Both showers will probably have only about 10 people in attendance.  I don't think you have to have a big shower to have fun.  The best shower I went to had about 6 people.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I'm having two because we didn't have enough room to have everyone in one place. My friends one will be 20-25 ladies, the family one will be about 10-12.

I recently attended one with about 15 ladies in attendance, and it was nice. There wasn't so many people that it was too loud or big, and everyone had a chance to talk with each other and the momma to be.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I have a big Irish Catholic family.  Invited is 60, but like you said at least 15 won't come for sure.   Friends n family in one shower.
  • Options
    I am having one shower and 57 people are invited. I am expecting 40-50 people to attend.
  • Options
    i would expect 10 -15 for mine. my fam doesnt really do showers ans dhs fam is really small, so its going to be just really close fam and friends.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    if we don't do a co-ed shower, and everyone who I think will be there can make it, 15. Possibly less, and that's including me & DH. If we do full co-ed (my dad & uncle are invited because my mom & aunt are hosting), about 3 more. About 25 invites will be going out, including out of town family who requested one.
  • Options

50 were at my bridal shower so I'm assuming around that amount will be at my baby shower.  (A huge majority were relatives.)

I've been to a baby shower where there were only about 12 people and it was one of the most lovliest showers I've been to.

I've been to a baby shower where there were close to 100 people and it was horrible. 

• Options
    I will probably have around 15-20 depends on the weather!
  • Options
    We invited a total of 65pp and as of now 40 have RSVP'd, which was more than either of us expected since almost everyone will be traveling out of state to attend. But I've been to many baby showers where the guest list was under 20pp and they were really nice tooSmile
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    As a guest, I actually prefer smaller gatherings for showers. I think you'll enjoy, everyone can talk and play games and I'm sure you'll love it.
  • Options
    We invited 80 people and 60 will show....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"