February 2014 Moms

Friday Randoms

2»

Re: Friday Randoms

• I'm seriously about to cry. We have pictures tonight and Logan is refusing to nap. Again. And I'm exhausted and want to nap myself. Normally I'd just nap while he plays in the crib, but my H still hasn't lowered the mattress and I'm paranoid Logan will fall out.
  • I'm seriously about to cry. We have pictures tonight and Logan is refusing to nap. Again. And I'm exhausted and want to nap myself. Normally I'd just nap while he plays in the crib, but my H still hasn't lowered the mattress and I'm paranoid Logan will fall out.

I'm so worried this will happen tomorrow. Can you go for a drive? I might do that to make sure he sleeps.
    Can't. The toddler is asleep in her room.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am way behind again!
  • Why can H come home early today for no reason but next Thursday I have to take LO with me to the eye doctor because H can't spare the time? Anyone have a good answer? 
    Not to excuse him necessarily, but I can leave early sometimes and not others, depending on deadlines, other coworkers schedules, etc. And not that you might not have a reason to be annoyed, but it's a little sore spot for me since sometimes DH makes plans assuming I can get out early (which usually I can) without checking.
    I get all of that. I didn't make the appointment assuming he could be with LO. I can take LO with, though I asked if he could take a late lunch/WFH and no go. This is because of other coworkers schedules and because apparently he's working this weekend (fun). 

Of the two of us, I'm not the one who assumes anything about LOs care. Which is a sore spot for me right now. 
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • elf828 said:
    For your latte?
  • @elf828 I looked up the nearest Dunkins because of you and there is only one in 50 miles. :-q

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I'm not caught up on this thread by any means (crazy day at work, surprise observation, etc, etc), but just wanted to pop in and say "hi!" My library time was rescheduled this week so I have an extra 30 minutes for lunch today! Woohoo!  <:-P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Why can H come home early today for no reason but next Thursday I have to take LO with me to the eye doctor because H can't spare the time? Anyone have a good answer? 
    Not to excuse him necessarily, but I can leave early sometimes and not others, depending on deadlines, other coworkers schedules, etc. And not that you might not have a reason to be annoyed, but it's a little sore spot for me since sometimes DH makes plans assuming I can get out early (which usually I can) without checking.
    I get all of that. I didn't make the appointment assuming he could be with LO. I can take LO with, though I asked if he could take a late lunch/WFH and no go. This is because of other coworkers schedules and because apparently he's working this weekend (fun). 

Of the two of us, I'm not the one who assumes anything about LOs care. Which is a sore spot for me right now. 
    I completely understand why this frustrates you. The whole default parent thing. :-/

• elf828 said:
    @shellbell3845‌ that's so cute! I wish our day care did stuff like that.
    Every week! There's a page for each classroom to AW and tell us what the theme/lessons/activities are for next week. There's a letter from the director and an article from the education director. FFFC? I skip right over whatever the ed director wants me to learn and scroll down to see if LO's pic is on his room's page!
  • Lol DH just said maybe LO can get back on schedule this weekend. Lol ok DH
  • @Bookshelves‌ that book is in my "to read" pile. Let me know how it is!
  • Dear Tennessee Work Gods,

My drug screen was clear. My TB test was negative. I have all proper documentation in hand. But WHY do stupid background checks take 85 years to be completed? I swear I am not a felon. Please let me work.

Signed,

The frustrated, (technically) unemployed-until-you-return-my-background-check Codypup

• @Codypup‌ did I tell you I require a background check for visitors to my house?

@elf828‌ that is unacceptable. Is there any wine in the house?
  • JoyBaby5 said:

@BlueDot818‌ I won't let L see it until I get play food. Which I'm still deciding on.

My mom thinks it's crazy that L won't sleep in a stroller, and that we can't just go wherever whenever. She claims I went everywhere with her, and just fell asleep. She also claims I never slept, so she's contradicting herself.
    I feel like I've done a great job with L and his napping. He just won't nap anywhere but a crib or PnP. Is that weird?

Still catching up...but my mom is the exact same!! It drives me nuts! "She'll fall asleep if she's tired". No, no she won't. She'll scream. Then she looks at me like I'm wrong.
  • @Codypup‌ did I tell you I require a background check for visitors to my house?  
    Well at this rate, they'll still be processing it at Christmas. 

@^!&*@&amp;#!!@^@&amp;%$#$

• @cara5565, I'm sorry you guys aren't getting along right now. Feel free to vent to us if you need to. I definitely have times where I'm just straight up annoyed by anything and everything my H does (or doesn't do). 

@disneypeanut, So glad he's okay! So scary. W apparently did a slip n' slide thing off a bed when my H was watching her and her reaction was also laughter. They're sneaky lil things. 

• @disneypeanut, I'm glad K is alright. I know it's so scary when it happens. DD fell off DS's bed a few months ago, and I was on the floor right next to the bed :( Big ((hugs)) mama!

• @avswolf haha my lo tries to do that at every diaper change.
  • Wow. I suck at crocheting. I keep losing count!
  • I am trying to keep up, but crapped out after page 3. So tired... but it is 9:15 on a Friday night, so clearly bedtime...

I wish we had someone who wrote a recap of the previous days randoms. Any volunteers? ;)
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • JoyBaby5 said:

You guys, there is a kitten in our garage, but we can't find it! It meows when we go inside, but stays quiet and won't come out of its hiding spot when we go out there. I put some food and towels out for it. Hopefully it'll let me find it in the morning.

Make sure it's not in the engine area of your car.. it stays warm and cats snuggle up in there! Hope you find it!
    My childhood cat was lost this way by my stupid mother. I bawled like a baby. I was in my early 20s. Poor kitty. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • @JoyBaby5‌ My LO currently wears 12-28 or 18-24 clothes depending on brand. She has always been multiple sizes above her age. Your MIL sounds batty, but it's not uncommon to be larger then the 'age'.

@MissDemeanor‌ What size (length) trailer do you have? Living in less than 400 square feet is hard.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"