June 2014 Moms
Options

Let's Reintro!

Re: Let's Reintro!

• Options
    Love reading about everyone's story! I am a FTM living in San Jose, CA. Met my H at our church 7.5 yrs ago and we've been married for almost 3. Our LO, Ariella, will be 5 months old in 3 days. I am a CPA and currently in Internal Audit. I was in public accounting before and would travel 50% of my time. I moved into industry about 3 yrs ago so I can travel less and raise a family. H and I love to travel and hike. We also enjoy trying out new restaurants and go to movies. Obviously these things are all relatively difficult to do now. We plan to try again when LO is 18 months, so we probably won't be doing our hobbies for a few years... Maybe we will pick up some new ones along the way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CAMag said:

@Jenn111211‌ - I can cook but rarely did when both of us were working full time + commute. I just made my first crockpot meal a couple of weeks ago and thought, "You know you're a mom when..."

I just started using my crockpot too! It was one of those items I registered for and never used! I'm a horrible cook, but I'm hoping if I keep at it, eventually I'll make something I would actually want to eat again. I feel like I'm "playing house" sometimes.
  • Options
    FTM from Florida. DH and I have been married for 3 years but have been together for almost 11 years! LO was born June 9 and she is absolutely AMAZING! Everyone tells us she is the happiest, smiliest baby they have ever seen...hopefully that continues, as I am pretty sure a tooth is starting to come in. Our plan was for me to be a SAHM but the day after LO was born, DH found out that his company is closing his office by the end of the year. As of today, he still has a job so we are taking it day by day. With all the uncertainty, we decided that it would be best if I went back to work, at least temporarily, until he has a new and stable job. I work in a daycare with 8-14 month old babies...they are so much fun! In the little spare time I have these days, I love to do arts and crafts and take LO out and about. I have recently learned how to make the most adorable hair bows and hairbands for LO and am in the process of learning how to sew. We plan on trying for #2 in the beginning of 2016! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm a SAHM of two beautiful boys. DS1 is 20 months and DS2 is about to be 5 months. DH and I, along with our boys live in Southeast Texas. Although I'm originally from Colorado... um I'm 23 and dh is 26. We got married last December, but have been together for 5 1/2 years. We plan on having 2 more kids, but it really depends on when we feel like we're "done". How lame is it that that's all I really have to say?! Haha
  • Options
    Like a few others, I've never introduced myself here, but I've been lurking for a while. I posted a few times on TTGP and TTTC but mostly just check the boards every few days or so. I am a teacher (7th grade math) but am taking a one-year leave of absence, unsure if I will go back yet or not. I am still teaching a ProCert support class for teachers, tutor a few students, and am on the Board of Directors for Junior League of Tacoma, and that's enough for me right now. DH is the director of a nursing home so his hours are long but we are able to live off his income which we are thankful for. We live in Tacoma, WA! 

My son, Emerson, was almost 3 weeks early, born June 22nd (our first kid). I had an uneventful pregnancy, but 54 hours of labor! But what's important is he is a healthy, happy, laid back guy and we have tons of fun together! While I know our next baby probably won't be as "easy" as E is, we definitely plan on more. In a way I'd like to have them closer together so I can take off 5 years then return to work. We'll see though! My husband has to get off of his Testosterone meds and go back on Clomid and we plan on doing that maybe next April-June... not sure yet!

Anyway, it's lovely re-meeting all of you and being a part of this board! 
    TTC #1 since Sept. 2012
    Me: 28, DH: 31
    DH: Diagnosed low-T and low sperm count, put on Clomid
    BFP: 10.2013

Emerson born 6.22.14

• Options
    I'm another lurker who thought they'd introduce themselves. I found this board while I was transitioning from ebf to formula feeding and have been loving it ever since.

I'm also from Ontario and a 30 year old FTM to a little boy born June 29 after a mostly unmedicated (I caved and went for the epidural for the last 5 hours) labour that ultimately ended in an unplanned c-section.

I'm currently on maternity leave until next July and then I'll be returning to my job in digital/web marketing. DH and I have been together for 4 years and married for 2. Currently it's our plan to start TTC when DS is 2.

Hobbies include travel, cooking and eating food (when I can find the time to prepare a decent meal!), wine and entertaining friends.
  • Options
    @jmar2011‌ I didn't realize you worked for an eye doctor! My eyes are super messed up (I have scarring from a massive central serous... I think that's how you spell it) and my eye doctor loves trying out all his new toys on me.

I am a FTM... baby boy was born June 3 (5 months old... This is ridiculous!) He was 4 weeks early and spent a week in the NICU while doctors tried to get my pre e under control (I think at its highest I was 190/210 or something)

DH and I were married last year, LO is a honeymoon baby. We live in Birmingham, Alabama. I am currently working as a computer programmer... I have also been an elementary teacher. And soon (for baby number 2) I hope to be a SAHM slash photographer. So basically I can't decide what I want o be when I grow up.

I love photography and scrapbook in and reading. I love eating junk food and watching Vampire diaries and walking dead. My b day was yesterday and I'm now 27... and I have a big fluffy cat named Sasha who thinks she is a dog.
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday @shellbell813!

image        image

• Options

Hello!

I am new to the bump and excited to start using this forum! I'm a Texas gal, born and raised! My husband and I have been married for a little over 3 years and have two children, C who is 17 months and G who is 4 months. I graduate with my B.S. in Social Science this Winter and my husband, who is currently working as a neuro ICU nurse, is going back to school in May to be a CRNA. We are actually in the process of leasing our house out to move in with my parents to save money and not take out loans during my husbands grad program. :XXX (Nerve-racking) It will be nice to save up some money before May.

G was born June 30, a week before his actual due date. He is a mommy's boy who loves to be vocal! When he is happy he is really happy and when he is upset he is really upset. Nice to meet all ya'll:D

• Options
    Hi! I'm 25, from KY, and currently north of Indianapolis. DH and I have been together 6.5 years and married 3. We have Audrey who is 4.5 months and a dropped barn cat, Carmichael, who is about 6. Before becoming a SAHM, I worked with middle schoolers with autism, ADHD, etc. along with several stints in subbing, daycares, and UPS during college. My husband is an agricultural real estate appraiser.

When I have "free time" I enjoy reading, shopping, and cheering on the Kentucky Wildcats! Even though football was much better this year, I'm thrilled for basketball season!!

We're debating on when to start TTC for #2 as my endometriosis has returned already despite Mirena and EBF. After we (hopefully) get our second LO, I'll be going into medically induced menopause.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Love this, @SarahS11

I'm back to bumping after taking a break during maternity leave. Oh how I missed you Salty Hoes! Glad to see the best HDBD poster @babygabe614 is still here. Our babies are birthday buddies :)

Okay, re-intro time. I am a 34 year old 2nd time Mommy. My son Sam is 3 and he is in LOVE with baby sister Shelby. DH and I have been married 5 years, together for 12. He is done with the baby making but I'm on the fence. We live in the Los Angeles suburbs and I work in commercial real estate. Currently adjusting to being back in the office, getting two kids to day care every morning instead of just one, and pumping three times a day. It's been a lot easier returning to work the second time around but I still have moments when I miss my babies like crazy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm 28, originally from west Texas, now living near Houston and a FTM to a precious baby girl who was born on June 19, exactly 1 week past her due date. My OB didn't want me going past 41 weeks, so I had an induction, but overall, it was a pretty smooth process.

I met my DH online in June 2010 and we were married exactly 2 years later. He's a photojournalist for the local paper and I'm a pharmacist, so we both have crazy schedules but we found a daycare we love and thankfully his family's been very helpful for the nights and weekends we work.

I would love one more baby, but I think we're going to wait until LO turns 2 before we start trying again. We love being parents, but also really miss sleep lol :)

As far as hobbies, DH and I love the NBA...he's a big Rockets fan and I LOVE the Spurs :) I thought for sure I was going to go into labor during the finals this year haha. I used to really enjoy reading, cooking and exercising, but for now all my spare time is devoted to little one.

I don't post here as much as I would like, but this board has been such a godsend since I discovered I was expecting. My family lives 700 miles away and all my close friends are single so I'm eternally grateful for y'all!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hello!

I've been lurking on the May 14 board since that's where I started, but am moving over finally!

I'm a FTM to DS who was born June 2nd. DH and I live in WI. We've been married for over a year but together for 5. Slowly talking him into trying for #2 next December. I work FT in sales and DH is in E-Commerce.

We've stayed busy since DS was born with moving into a house and playing with DS. So exciting to watch him grow! And so thankful for these boards!! Like I said, I've mostly lurked, but trying to be more active!
    DS born 6/2/14 #2 due 5/31/16

• Options
    Wow, and that picture is REALLY big - anyone know how to fix that?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    fsumomfsumom member
    edited November 2014

My husband and I are from Florida and have been married for almost 9 years. We have two wonderful kids.  Alyssa is 8 going on 16 and Lucas was born June 1st.We worried about starting over but it's going well now.  I admit the beginning was rough.  I currently stay home but will be going back to work in a few years.  Considering we thought we were one and done with Alyssa, Lucas will be our last baby.  We seriously went back and forth on whether to try for a second.  I cannot begin to tell you how happy we are that he's here.    

~Jessica~ 

• Options
    YoginiLizYoginiLiz member
    edited November 2014
    Long time lurker (it's creepy how long I've lurked...) but first time posting. Married 2.5 years to DH but we've been together since Superbowl 2006 when we met at the (then) only Hooters in Germany. We're both in the thirtysomething club. DH was an army officer, I was an au pair. After traversing the globe, we settled in upstate NY. DD was born on 6/15 at home, all natural style even though she was a whopping 10lbs. In hindsight, drugs would have been amazing. Anyhoo, DH is a systems engineer and I'm the director of an early learning center. DD comes with me to work, so that's a major bonus. Shooting for 2 kids, but we don't plan to even think about trying until DD is 2.
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Missy, in my mid 30s. I live in MN and work as a clinical lab scientist. @mullenem, do you work in a clinical setting? I am a generalist and do micro along with the other departments. I have two DSs. One 12 and LO 20ish weeks and a cat and dog. I love music.
  • Options
    Great idea! I'm a STM, with a (almost) 19 month DD. I'll be 32 in December and DH is 32. We met on a blind date in 2002 and have been married for just about 8.5 years. I work for a small staff association and DH works for a government contractor.

My EDD is June 16, however I go for my first U/S and appointment next week so the EDD may change somewhat. I think after this baby, we're done at two. I had a pretty rough first pregnancy -- had an emergency appendectomy and colon resection at 8 weeks. Hoping this time around continues to go much smoother.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, so sorry I haven't been checking TB that much!  I'm a FTM to Colin, born May 30 after a scheduled induction (related to my health).  I've been married 2.5 years, and we want to wait at least 2 more years before TTC #2.  We live an hour outside of Boston, and I work full time in a small community hospital.  Wish I was more active on here, but baby and work take over my life.

<3

• Options
    @catsinawindow‌ where near Pittsburgh?
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @catsinawindow‌ where near Pittsburgh?
    @jenlynne0624, I sent you a PM.  I'm uncomfortable being more specific on a board that anyone can read.

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

• Options
    Hi All. I am 29, married for 3 years, and first time mommy in June. I came to the bump while TTC and haven't left, although I am not as active as I once was. I am a data coordinator at an educational non profit, but I do much more then my job title would suggest. I live in Philadelphia but plan to move to the suburbs sometime before the baby goes to school. I hope to have four or five children, but I do not know if that will be a possibility. At this time I am just enjoying the miracle that is my son.

My little guy was born via planned csection about four weeks early. He was diagnosed at 22 weeks with an SCT - sacrococcygeal teratoma - which is a fast gowning tumor growing from the tail bone. He was delivered at the childrens hospital of philadelphia on June 6 at 12:47 pm. I did not get to see him, we was taken directly to the OR next store, but I did get to hear him and my husband was able to take a picture before they took him away. His surgery went well and he was done in seven hours. That night, at about 9:15pm, I got to meet my little man for the first time, and I was so in love! Fast forward to now and we are enjoying our time as a little family of three. My little guy is doing well, and the only side effects from the surgery has been a little muscle loss on his glute, which we go to PT for, and nightmares every so often. He is still in our room and most likely will be until at least one, due to the nightmares (these are a known side effect of surgery). 
  • Options
    After much debate, I decided to reintro.  Because all my business is out there in previous comments anyways.  

I'm Sarah, 29, FTM, married for almost 2 years (together for 3).  Little Bear was born June 25, 3 days after her due date after an unscheduled induction.  She is perfect. No one will ever convince me otherwise.   We live east of Dallas, and I work in education as does my DH. 

I am most active on the running thread, and randomly.  I like running (slowly), The Office, cooking, and trying to pretend I have it all together.  I EBF when with LO, and pump at work.  My goal for BFing is to let her wean herself. Trying for #2 probably late next summer.  We want 3, but now we're open to 4 possibly through adoption.
  • Options
    Hello ladies! I lurked a little while pregnant and thought I would join you all officially now.

I am 31 and a FTM. My husband and I were married 8 years before we had Lincoln. Lincoln was born June 20 via c section after 35 hours of labor. I am a part time nanny for 3 kids and I get to take Lincoln with me. As for baby number 2 we are open but are on the mini pill right now.
  • Options
    Hello all. I've been married to DH for 3 years now, but together for 9 years. I've got 2 step kiddos ( ss 14 & sd 10). Our baby girl was born at 38.5 weeks-water broke at work. She's 5 months now. We live in western pa and I work full time in a suburban hospital.

I've been active since early on in my pregnancy, but burnt a few bridges on here before I fully understood this crew of awesome women. For those ladies that were involved I do apologize for my name calling. I'd like to say that I've enjoyed the support and information from this group.

I ebf when home and pump at work so I'm often on the breastfeeding forum too.

I'm always mobile so never have been able to do all the cool siggy challenges or giffs.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"