June 2014 Moms
Options

Let's Reintro!

Okay, so an accidental post gave me an idea!  Now that we are moms of J14 babies (and some of us, COUGH COUGH ME, snoop around on other boards just for the excitement of new expecting moms--Esp J15) I think we should reintroduce ourselves to the group.

Remind us... What you do, how many kids you have, ages of kids, where you live, how life has changed with new LO, when/if you will try for number 2, 3, 4..., hobbies, etc.  Tell us anything you want! Let's re-get to know each other! And for those who have recently joined, this will be a good way to get to know some regulars!  And GO!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Let's Reintro!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CharSamm I feel like we've gone over this before, but... hello fellow Ontarian! 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    amackattackamackattack member
    edited October 2014
    Hello! I am a CPA, but I work full time as an internal auditor in Ohio. I met H at a party in college and we have been married for 2 years. I have a sassy babe named Macklyn, and a mutt named Dewey (often referred to as DooDoo). We own a house which we are saving to slowly renovate. My current hobbies/priorities are 1) hang out with H and baby and 2) sleep. We want to have 2 but will probably wait until babe is about 3 to start trying. Before babe came along I used to like gardening, cooking, baking, and DIY home projects. Now with babe and work my onlyhobby is to figure out ways to make things easier.
  • Options
    Such a good idea! 

I live in NE Ohio (@skittler2- looks like we have more in common!) and work FT.  LO is our first and she's pretty much amazing and has the BEST personality.  I want to have either 2 or 4 kids... I'm a middle child and (if possible) only want an even number of kids.  DH doesn't care how many we have.  We are going to start discussing having another when LO turns 1.  I would love to have another June baby and hope to start trying again next fall... but we have to evaluate our finances first.  I love to read and am hoping to get around to reading at least one of the books for the book club this month.  I love to craft when I have time and I used to play softball.  Oh, and I also have 3 dogs who LOVE LO.  :) 
  • Options

Hi!!! I'm a Vermonter born and raised (did a quick stint in Boston and try every day to get DH to move south! lol). DH and I have been married for 4 years and together 7 1/2. I'm a FTM to an awesome little girl Harper born 5 days late on 6/21. We also have cat, Sloan, who's I'm conviced Harper will call a**hole when she grows up because we always yell at him for getting into things. I work in commerical loan underwriting for a Vermont only bank. I never wanted to be a SAHM but I'd love to be able to only work PT... the wallet says not happening (PS - SO jealous of the Canadians!!)  I think we want two... but I'm almost liking one and done more and more, especially $$ wise.  We love boating in the summer and can't wait to get back out next year since we missed basically all of this season and we're huge Red Sox & Bruins fans :)

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
    BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

• Options
    Great idea to do a catch up / check in! I have two boys, Dylan (2.5yrs) and Wyatt (4mo - dob 6/27) and live in Oregon. DH and I just celebrated our 6th anniversary and have been together for 9yrs. I worked with nonprofit associations before my department was unexpectedly closed, 2 weeks before I had Wyatt. So, now I'm a SAHM and love it!

It's been a crazy couple months - I'm so grateful for you ladies... The discussions, shares and most importantly the snark, have gotten me through so much. Much love to the J14 ladies!!
  • Options
    @ybba0714 I find your story so inspiring. Love love love that you guys packed up and went backpacking.
  • Options
    @Lcgroenewe‌. Thank you! Most people thought we had lost our minds!! Nebraska is a very conservative state...
  • Options
    I never introduced myself while I was pregnant and was mostly a lurker...but, I'm now a SAHM to Lucas who was born June 30. My husband and I have been married 4 1/2 years, and live in Georgia.
    We traveled a lot before Lucas was born and took our last trip to Colorado when I was 32 weeks pregnant...crazy! That may have been the most uncomfortable plane ride ever!
    I love to cook, bake and run. Not that I have time to do a lot of that now!
  • Options
    Hi! I have been in the shadows and found this board to be great! I live in Maryland outside of DC. I have been married for 9 years and known my husband for 12 years. My son was born June 7th. Currently, I am a SAHM. I am getting my Master's in Acupuncture and will return to school in January.

My hobbies include photography and baking. I have not had much time to devote to them since my son arrived.

As for adding to our family, we'd like to have another child. We have not decided on timing. I am in school for another 3 years and given the program structure, I would like to complete all or most of the program.
  • Options
    @Fawkes81 I bought those study materials from Gleim. Passed the first part over ML and have been totallyyyyyyy procrastinating studying the 2nd part. Boooo! I say pull the trigger :)
  • Options
    Lcgroenewe want to be my virtual study buddy? ;) 

• Options
    FTM to a baby girl born June 6th and she's the best thing ever. I live in Maine. We're not married yet. My SO wanted to do what his friend did and go with a five year plan. Be together five years, then get married, then babies. Well that didn't work lol. We were together almost three years and then we got pregnant. I was told last September that I was infertile since I hadn't been on birth control for almost three years and nothing. A few weeks later, I was complaining that my boobs hurt and a girl at work said jokingly "you're pregnant." A couple days later, I took a test for the fun of it and sure enough. I texted her right after and all I said was "you were right." She kne exactly what I was talking about. So anyway, long story short, the five year plan is backwards lol.
  • Options
    I'm currently a SAHM to my little lady, Winnie, but I was a special education teacher (math interventions). I'm originally from SC, now live in Denver and in 3 weeks move to Philadelphia. DH and I have been married for almost 4 years and have 4 crazy fur babies(3 dogs and 1 cat). I love taking super cheesy themed photos of DD, coffee, road trips and barre workouts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 28 and basically a SAHM, I work occasionally in the evenings as a hairstylist. My DH and I have been married for 6 yes this coming Valentine's day. We have a son, Colton who just turned 3. And our June 12th baby, Paisley who is already giving me gray hair. I'm almost positive that we are done or it least hoping that I have the strength to be done :). We live in WA and have 2 labs who started out as our babies, 1 cow, and god help us 45 chickens. I don't know how my DH did it but he somehow turned me into a farmer and were getting ready to get pigs again.
    I have so many hobbies it isn't even funny. I dabble in it all, scrapbooking, sewing, cross stitching, crotchet and basically anything that Pinterest throws in there. We love camping and basically spend all summer doing that and then the dreaded winter months when my DH is a hunter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"