December 2014 Moms

Have you experienced BH yet?

Re: Have you experienced BH yet?

• marsavary said:

I honestly have no clue if I have or not so that leads me to believe I haven't.

This.
  • Ok, I apologize for my comment, it did come across the wrong way and that's my fault.

Not sure how it's any different from someone telling me that taking Tylenol per my doc is unnecessary though? I did agree with them, because I haven't experienced pain with it. I've never been though this (obviously) and I really don't know what's going on with my body sometimes. :/

Do a lot of people have pain with BH that's bad enough to take medication?
  • Loading the player...
  • smack427 said:

Ok, I apologize for my comment, it did come across the wrong way and that's my fault.

Not sure how it's any different from someone telling me that taking Tylenol per my doc is unnecessary though? I did agree with them, because I haven't experienced pain with it. I've never been though this (obviously) and I really don't know what's going on with my body sometimes. :/

Nice try trying to place blame on me with your foot in mouth syndrome. BH really shouldn't be painful. Think about it, a BH lasts what a minute or two? Then it goes away and you don't have them again for a while. Why would you take Tylenol for a pain that lasts for a minute? If they are coming regularly and are painful I would hope you would go to the dr instead of popping a Tylenol and thinking you're good to go.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MissChristineMarie‌ hope you are feeling better. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it, either. I try to keep my mind off of it and just look forward to holding my LO for the first time.
  • smack427 said:

Ok, I apologize for my comment, it did come across the wrong way and that's my fault.

Nice try trying to place blame on me with your foot in mouth syndrome. BH really shouldn't be painful. Think about it, a BH lasts what a minute or two? Then it goes away and you don't have them again for a while. Why would you take Tylenol for a pain that lasts for a minute? If they are coming regularly and are painful I would hope you would go to the dr instead of popping a Tylenol and thinking you're good to go.
    I'm not trying to blame you at all, but my BH didn't last a minute or two, it lasted for like an hour or two. I guess that goes to show that everyone is different. To me, round ligament pains are WAY worse and they last like 2.5 seconds. Not bad enough to take Tylenol, so I understand your logic.
  • Slaps said:

smack427 said:

I am lucky I don't usually get them until 36/37 weeks, and when I had them with N they hurt, I took a hot shower and they never came back.
    Nobody can tell what you feel or if you are in pain, but they don't last long,and if you are having them where they are lasting a while call your Dr.
    You are lucky! Dumb question: Did the hot shower just relax you? I was wondering how that worked..
  • smack427 said:

@MissChristineMarie‌ hope you are feeling better. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it, either. I try to keep my mind off of it and just look forward to holding my LO for the first time.

Yep. Sarcasm and other nuances are lost.

Test
  • smack427 said:

Sorry not sorry. My comment and poor humor shouldn't be considered valid since I was responding to someone else's question.

Test
  • I've had some tightening of my uterus and mild cramping.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Slaps said:

smack427 said:

Slaps said:

smack427 said:

I am lucky I don't usually get them until 36/37 weeks, and when I had them with N they hurt, I took a hot shower and they never came back.
    Nobody can tell what you feel or if you are in pain, but they don't last long,and if you are having them where they are lasting a while call your Dr.
    You are lucky! Dumb question: Did the hot shower just relax you? I was wondering how that worked..
    Yes it relaxed me. I am a water birth sign, and water relaxes me always has.
    @Slaps‌ - you are sounding stressed. Maybe you should take a shower. ;)

Test
  • If was off and on for an hour or so, not continuously, we went for a walk at the park and I had to sit down at one point because it was so uncomfortable-really low like a period cramp. Sometimes my stomach just gets so tight. I never know what any of the feelings are anymore. My organs are all squished at this point.
  • smack427 said:

If was off and on for an hour or so, not continuously, we went for a walk at the park and I had to sit down at one point because it was so uncomfortable-really low like a period cramp. Sometimes my stomach just gets so tight. I never know what any of the feelings are anymore. My organs are all squished at this point.

Dodge number 64964

Test
  • smack427 said:

smack427 said:

I'm not trying to blame you at all, but my BH didn't last a minute or two, it lasted for like an hour or two. I guess that goes to show that everyone is different. To me, round ligament pains are WAY worse and they last like 2.5 seconds. Not bad enough to take Tylenol, so I understand your logic.
    Didn't you just say you haven't felt BH before and now it's lasting an hour or two? I'm more confused than you trying to back pedal.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• leosmom25 said:

smack427 said:

smack427 said:

Didn't you just say you haven't felt BH before and now it's lasting an hour or two? I'm more confused than you trying to back pedal.
    Nope, I'm saying I've never felt them before (being a FTM) but the discomfort that I had during that hour or two this weekend was BH according to my doctor. I tested negative for preterm labor.
  • Cuz that clears it up....

imageimageimage

• CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited October 2014
    Ok, I apologize for my comment, it did come across the wrong way and that's my fault. Not sure how it's any different from someone telling me that taking Tylenol per my doc is unnecessary though? I did agree with them, because I haven't experienced pain with it. I've never been though this (obviously) and I really don't know what's going on with my body sometimes. :/ Do a lot of people have pain with BH that's bad enough to take medication?
    Nope, I'm saying I've never felt them before (being a FTM) but the discomfort that I had during that hour or two this weekend was BH according to my doctor. I tested negative for preterm labor.

Edit - QFP  fail

Test
  • smack427 said:

@slaps Someone else said that they thought Tylenol was unnecessary. I know that some people experience BH differently and it's not always unnecessary, or my doc wouldn't have recommended it. Some don't even know it's going on (like me) and some have it so bad that they have to go to the hospital. Everyone's body is different and I wasn't discrediting their pain, I will be happy to take Tylenol if mine get any worse!

You quite literally wrote you didn't know it was going on and now you had them for 1 to 2 hours. Do you even pay attention to what you say? Honestly, how sore are your legs from back pedaling?

imageimageimage

• Slaps said:
    Ok, I apologize for my comment, it did come across the wrong way and that's my fault. Not sure how it's any different from someone telling me that taking Tylenol per my doc is unnecessary though? I did agree with them, because I haven't experienced pain with it. I've never been though this (obviously) and I really don't know what's going on with my body sometimes. :/ Do a lot of people have pain with BH that's bad enough to take medication?
    You had BH that lasted one to two hours?
    Sorry to disappoint.  It was a QFP fail.  

Test
  • smack427smack427 member
    edited October 2014
    @leosmom25‌ I didn't know it was going on because it was my first time feeling it. All I knew was that something was happening, due to the discomfort that lasted roughly an hour or so.
  • Your dr acted concerned and told you to take Tylenol if it happened again?? What the what!?

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Your dr acted concerned and told you to take Tylenol if it happened again?? What the what!?

Yeah I'm giving up trying to understand anything. No sense is being made and I am out of fucks to give!

imageimageimage

• @riansmommie‌ She was concerned until she checked me, I guess just to be safe. After that she said everything was okay and to take Tylenol and a warm bath if it happened again.
  • Shit I didn't QFP the post she edited!

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • smack427 said:
    @leosmom25‌ I didn't know it was going on because it was my first time feeling it. All I knew was that something was happening, due to the discomfort that lasted roughly an hour or so.

smack427 said:
    @riansmommie‌ She was concerned until she checked me, I guess just to be safe. After that she said everything was okay and to take Tylenol and a warm bath if it happened again.

Test
  • I give up! You do so much back peddling it makes my brain hurt. Then when you add on more details it just makes you shove your foot further down your throat.

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • STM and mine started at the very beginning of the 2nd tri.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I give up! You do so much back peddling it makes my brain hurt. Then when you add on more details it just makes you shove your foot further down your throat.

It's all in the first comment I made on here. If y'all would read that there wouldn't be any confusion.
  • We are reading. If more than one person isn't understanding it it's not us that has the issue it's you.

M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • What do they feel like to you? Am I close by describing them as mild period cramps?
  • smack427 said:
    I give up! You do so much back peddling it makes my brain hurt. Then when you add on more details it just makes you shove your foot further down your throat.
    It's all in the first comment I made on here. If y'all would read that there wouldn't be any confusion.

smack427 said:
    What do they feel like to you? Am I close by describing them as mild period cramps?
    Dodge number 64965

Test
  • agsgrrlagsgrrl member
    edited October 2014
    I get the tightening with the big O and over excursion!
  • I get a really tight pressure at the bottom of my abdomen which I'm guessing is BH, usually happens when I've been walking too much...

FTM
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Had em for months now. And ive also felt thr baby move from 18weeks. Im a FTM. Im very in tune with my body though.....I notice every little thing.
  • I'm an STM and have been getting bh since about 12 weeks. Used to be only when my bladder was really full but now I'm getting them much more often and they are super uncomfortable. As a FTM I don't think I ever had them ( or I just didn't know what to look for).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay, my doc said that my low lying cramp-style pain was not BH but real contractions. She told me that BH is the whole uterus, not just down low. I know we aren't really talking about this anymore but is this true? I also pooped today, to stay relevant.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ebilbao said:
    They make me nervous, but are usually a result of dehydration, having to pee or overdoing it. If I drink enough water and lie down, they usually stop.

:This is me exactly. So far not painful just uncomfortable tightening - blah. I have noticed I got them earlier this go around than last time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"