1st Trimester
Options

1st pregnancy... when did your pants stop fitting?

I'm not sure who shrunk my pants... It seems early to invest in a bella band but the bloat is taking over!

Re: 1st pregnancy... when did your pants stop fitting?

• Options
    About 22 weeks
  • Options
    Hm. That does not make me feel better... :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagechillyupnorth:
    Hm. That does not make me feel better... :)

If it makes you feel any better I got huge, but it was towards the end. Everyone is different, plus you are probably just bloated :)

• Options
    I want to say somewhere around 18 weeks, but I was wearing maternity clothes by 14 weeks... just because I was so excited to have an excuse to wear them Embarrassed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If it makes you feel better, I am a few days behind you and my pants are uncomfortable too.

I went out and bought a pair of pants one size bigger than my usual, but even they are a little tight. Nothing feels comfortable right now except my yoga pants!

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    With my DS, I didn't start showing till about 4/5 months pregnant.  I switched to maternity pants around 5 months.
  • Options

It all depnds on your body to start with and how you wear your clothes. If you are a little larger it may take more time than if you are little.

With DD I noticed that my belly (gut) got harder before it started actually getting bigger. But because it got harder I was in maternity pants by 13 weeks so I could sit comfortably...

imageimageimage
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I wore the bella band for a while but got into maternity pants by 14wks, it was just more comfortable. I'm sitting here now in my regular jeans but unbuttoned and have the hairbow on my button. I wish I was in sweatpants

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 8 weeks and i just got my first pair yesterday... OMG they are so comfortable I know i will live in these pants from now on... and by the way i haven't gained weight, i just need room for my bump :)... don't be ashamed, do what's most comfortable for you...
  • Options
    imageamdraza:

If it makes you feel better, I am a few days behind you and my pants are uncomfortable too.

I went out and bought a pair of pants one size bigger than my usual, but even they are a little tight. Nothing feels comfortable right now except my yoga pants!

Same here. I'm only 6w but my pants are tight and uncomfortable. I just went out and bought a bigger size too

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I only moved into maternity pants last week (11 weeks).  Right now, I'd bet you're just bloated and that will come and go. I found the Bella band really helpful this past few weeks. I feel like it's crazy-early for me to be in maternity pants but my others just really don't fit at all anymore; they won't button and some will only zip about 1/2-way. I'm really petite, though, and wonder if this is the reason? Regardless, I'll definitely agree that it is sooooo much more comfortable in maternity pants! 

• Options
    At 6 weeks my pants would not button comfortably, I am overweight pre pregnancy, but gained 4 pounds in before that 6 weeks. Since then I have not gained anymore and am almost 10 weeks. I really think initially that was just bloat and the weight was extra fluid... try the rubberband trick if you need to!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Somewhere around 17 weeks or so with my first.
    Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

• Options
    with my first pregnancy, i succumbed to my extreme bloat and bought maternity pants at 7 weeks.  this time, i am holding out!  fortunately not so much bloat.  but i'm starting to get bigger in the belly, and i'll need to pull them out of the attic soon.
  • Options
    I'm in a similar boat as some of the other ladies. I'm only at 6 weeks, and am already struggling with my pants being too tight and uncomfortable. I've started wearing them unbuttoned with the rubber band trick around the button, but may need to invest in a belly band soon. I'm also not sharing the news yet, and being uncomfortable in my clothes is not helping!
    Married 7/5/2008
    Peanut (DD) | Born 7/18/2009
    TTC for #2 since 2010 | Diagnosed with PCOS 
    Butter | EDD 8/13/2013 | mc @ 9 weeks 3 days
    Jelly | EDD 5/24/2015 | Team Green! Hoping for our Rainbow.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With my first it was around 14-15 weeks.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    What's with the new replies to the Zombie Posts here lately?  December 2010.. LOL..
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm at 6 weeks and my pants don't fit. Old navy has a sale for 5$ For spandex in gray blue and navy. I bought 3 pairs in increasing sizes. They are awesome bc you can dress them up or down and be comfortable!
  • Options
    I am 12 weeks (first pregnancy) and am still wearing my pants but with the rubber band! I think I started doing that around 8 weeks. Bloat and tight pants don't mix!! =)   Hoping that will do the trick for a while as I have not seen a lot of maternity clothes out there at the moment... yikes!
  • Options

at 10 weeks my work pants (Express Editor) weren't comfortable on most days and my super skinny jeans weren't either.  Some jeans still fit, just not as loose.  I like to wear my pants low on my hips, so my lower rise jeans fit best right now.  I'm 13w1d now and still wearing my jeans, though the bloat is going away a little bit compared to earlier this week.

I went ahead and just ordered the bella band last week and some maternity jeans since there was a sale going on. 

Me: 34, DH: 32
    TTC Since September 2012
    Dx-PCOS, Anovulation, highly irregular cycles
    March 2013 Comid 50 mg+ TI #1: BFN
    April 2013 Clomid mg + TI #2: BFN
    IVM#1 Aug 2012: BFN
    20 FEB 2014:  CP
    IUI #1 Clomid 100mg  24 FEB 2014: BFN

IUI #2 Clomid 100mg  21 MAR 2014: BFN

IUI#3 Follistim & trigger 21 May 2014: BFN

IVF #1 Follistim & Menopur: 14R, 9M, 7F, transfered 2 day 3 8 cell embies

Beta #1: 7/30: 41  Beta #2 8/1: 96   Beta #3 8/4: 796   EDD:4/9/15

imageimageimage

All Welcome 

• Options
    I need to stock up on dresses that I can where with stockings... If I usually wear S-M, should I get Large so they will fit for the fall and winter?
  • Options

Is there a size chart of how to buy maternity clothing? Just a go by, so will know how to buy for sizes that we are now and what we may be once we progress...

• Options
    TashaPlusNikaTashaPlusNika member
    edited October 2014
    scharle3 said:

Is there a size chart of how to buy maternity clothing? Just a go by, so will know how to buy for sizes that we are now and what we may be once we progress...

Usually, if you were a small in something, you'd get an item in size S maternity, they take into consideration your growth, if you -really- want to be safe, then size up and get M, but you may not 'grow' into it any time soon.

I'm a 2-4 pre-pregnancy, and have been getting XS and S in maternity wear thus far. Destination Maternity online has great sales, and I love looking up Pea in The Pod on Amazon and snagging a few designer items when possible. 

OP: Having said this ^, I still fit into half my pre-preg. jeans, the other half I can wear with a bella band. This did not stop me from getting a bella band at 13 weeks, because the bloating was no joke and the maternity jeans and shorts I had just bought were not nearly as snug fitting as I like my bottoms to be (I hate the 'drooping' pant feeling), and at 13 weeks I was actually weighing less than my 114lb starting weight, it was all bloat, so really, don't feel bad, get a bella band and enjoy being comfortable. 

TTC #2

Cycle 1:   (January/February)                            Cycle 2:  (February/March)

O - CD17                                                     O - CD15
    IB @ 11dpo                                                            11dpo-13dpo spotting
    BFP @ 12dpo (late pm)                         AF CD28 (late 13dpo)                     
    13dpo = positive fading all day
    14dpo beta = 7.2
    AF CD32 - Confirmed Chemical Pregnancy

CYCLE 3 (March/April) 
    O - CD19 
    8DPO - Faint BFP on Wondfo
    9DPO - Neg. on FRER
    11 DPO - BFP FRER
    14 DPO - Beta 123
    17 DPO - 784, yay! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 7 weeks pregnant and the bloat made it impossible to fit comfortably in my size 4 jeans :( I bought maternity pants already, I don't care I'm comfortable now! Lol
  • Options
    i'm 11 1/2 weeks and my pants started getting uncomfortable about 2 weeks ago but i hadn't gained any weight.  Then I realized it was probably just bloating, I've had to use rubber bands around the button of my jeans and wearing maxi skirts.  Trying to hold out on buying maternity clothes, but might just give in.
  • Options
    I bought a pair of maternity jeans this past weekend (10w3d). I originally was buying them for when I needed them but I ended up paying for them while I was still wearing them!! They are soooo much more comfortable than my regular jeans, hair tie and bellaband mix!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am only 3.5 weeks, but I am very bloated and my pants feel very tight.
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy and I can still sort of fit into my jeans but for comfort reasons (bad acid reflux and bloat!) I choose to wear a belly band. I'm currently 11 weeks

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    With my first two pregnancies I never needed pregnancy bottoms but rather chose to wear in the last few weeks for comfort.  It just depends on how you carry.  I tend to carry small in girth but more up and down.  If you pants are just a tad to tight there is a trick with a ouchless hair tie that works well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"