February 2015 Moms
Options

When are you having your baby shower?

My friend (who will be planning my baby shower) called today to discuss when I'd prefer to have it. Christmas is such a busy period and most people are usually low on funds at the beginning of January. Being due mid February, I'm worried that a shower at the end of January will be cuting it too close. But I'm wondering if November is too early. When are you planning your shower?

Re: When are you having your baby shower?

• Options
    PeaceofKiaPeaceofKia member
    edited October 2014
    November 8th only because we're expecting twins and want to be prepared way in advance. Otherwise it would've been in early January.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

November 8th only because we're expecting twins and want to be prepared way in advance. Otherwise it would've been in early January.

This, but the weekend before :)

I feel a strong connection to @PeaceofKia‌ and I think we'd be buddies IRL :)
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    November 15th is when my sister desided to have my shower. Like you said because of the holidays and wanting to make sure we have it before the baby comes.
  • Options
    @kefttsc‌ i totally agree... You should move to Virginia... Or meet me halfway!

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

• Options
    I'm really not THAT far from VA. Okay....I'm pretty far....north GA....but I travel a lot so ya never know!
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Saturday after thanksgiving
  • Options
    December 7th
  • Options
    January, I think? The people who have offered to throw my showers haven't event began talking about a date & I've been too afraid to bring it up.
  • Options
    I'm having one shower at the end of this month in my hometown and my second where I live currently in the middle of November. I wanted to have them before the holidays.
  • Options
    One shower in my hometown on Nov. 1st. My best friend works retail in Cali so she can only fly to Texas that weekend until after the holidays which is too close for my comfort.
    One shower in my current city on Dec. 7th.
    One shower at work in January.
  • Options
    I'm due at the end of February and my sister and I decided mid-January would be a good time (she's hosting). October is way too early, our kid brother is getting married AND our maternal grandparents are celebrating their 50th in November, our parents birthdays are the first 2 weekends in December and then Christmas. The Fall is really busy for our family and we figured mid-January would give everyone a chance to exhale without pushing it too close to little man being born. 
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    November 22nd! Mom wanted to do it before the holidays!
  • Options
    November 15th here as well. :)
    Roslin Liora -- Due 2/8/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
    image     image     image
  • Options
    Nov 15th for the same reasons....holiday stuffs

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm due at the end of February and my shower will be in early to mid January.
  • Options
    mrsherr22mrsherr22 member
    edited October 2014
    Mine is Saturday November 8th too @PeaceofKia‌ and @kefttsc‌ can we share buddies? Peaceofkia and I are both having girls and are due the same week (I'm pretty sure) ;)
  • Options
    Dec 7th here also. After Thanksgiving so it doesn't interfere with people's travel plans and well before Christmas.
  • Options
    November 15th as well! No other good times before end of year with holidays and January will be super busy since I will hopefully be starting a nursing program. Due feb 1st, btw.
  • Options
    heltonclheltoncl member
    edited October 2014
    Sunday November 9th for my family in CA, and I believe a day or two after Thanksgiving for our family in ID. I am concerned I won't even be showing this early! But it is the only time that works for my hubs (military). I have a bump, but I hope I really pop by 27 weeks! Anyone else worried about not showing for their shower? Haha
  • Options
    November 9th. My family is wayyyy too busy during Christmas and I think January is too close to my due date (Feb 7). I want everything to be done by then so I can just relax

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    January 11, I'm due Feb 20th. We are super busy around christmas, but it's at a restaurant, so not much to plan! They thought about late Jan, but I live about 8 hours away, and I don't want to travel that long much later then that!
  • Options
    Not until after the baby is born.
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mines dec 27th.  Family will be in town then so that was the best time to do it....
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @sweets0022 definitely! Can't Wait to hear about everyone's shower?

• Options
    I'm due 2/6 and my mom and MIL settled on 10/25. I'm not complaining - I didn't want to make it one more thing for people to have to attend during the holidays and I'm secretly excited that I can start to nest in November. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a GIRL! EDD 2.6.15

• Options
    Jan 11th and Im due Feb 4th. Baby better not be early!
  • Options
    dj182008 said:

November 15th is when my sister desided to have my shower. Like you said because of the holidays and wanting to make sure we have it before the baby comes.

This

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    heltoncl said:

Sunday November 9th for my family in CA, and I believe a day or two after Thanksgiving for our family in ID. I am concerned I won't even be showing this early! But it is the only time that works for my hubs (military). I have a bump, but I hope I really pop by 27 weeks! Anyone else worried about not showing for their shower? Haha

Nope haha. Been asked too many times if I'm having twins. I say nope just one boy and then I get...he's gonna be one big boy!....ugh!

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    November 22!

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP: 6/4/14       EDD: 2/11/15
  • Options
    I'm due early Feb.  I'm having one sometime the weekend before Veteran's Day at my mom's because I'll be visiting.  On island, I have no idea because there's talk of doing a joint shower for me and a friend who's due a week later, but I have heard no details and I'm not fishing.
    Feb. 2015: Holiday Decoration Fails
  • Options
    December 13th
    j & m
    married July 2012
    My Angel - Amelia Hope - 3/13/14, 22 weeks
    BFP #2 - 6/10/14     Hoping for our rainbow baby    due February 2015

• Options
    Dec 6th or 7th

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Dec 7! Really fun to hear the same dates again and again :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm due 2/9. So that ladies doing mine went with 12/6. Away from holidays, but still early enough.

And we always do christmas so it will work out well to have the room pretty much ready at that point so all can see it.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This is our 3rd so no shower, but if it was our first Id have it in November.
  • Options
    I'm due 2/28 and my friends are throwing a get together MLK weekend.  This is baby number 2 and I protested, but was told the party is happening whether I'm there or not.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dec 6 for MIL's, Dec 28 for my family's (it will be one of the million events my family plans over 5 days).
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Our shower is Nov. 8th because we have weddings to attend almost every single weekend after that.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    November 8th here too :D 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    November 8. Between our childbirth classes, infant CPR class, the holidays, travel to and from MI, and work, this weekend was one of two open. It's super early, but it is what it is.
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"