Trouble TTC

Just rejected by two clinics

Well DH and I just got back from two consults for fertility clinics that offer some type of refund if we are unsuccessful. And unfortunately we don't qualify because of my unicornuate uterus. One clinic even told us flat out that they would not accept us even without being a part of the refund program. I guess they don't want us messing up there stats. Great! Now I'm off to teach lifespan development and talk about conception and babies for 2 hours...ugh. I had no idea that clinics would actually turn us away. I mean shit I'm here because we have issues...really?!
Me: +35 DH: +35
TTC: Since January 2013 
DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
TX: Metformin
DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
  • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
  • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
  • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
  • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
  • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
  • Finally ovulating on my own!!
Waiting to start IVF hopefully
**********All Are Welcome**************
3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

Re: Just rejected by two clinics

• Wow. I've never heard of someone being turned away like that. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• I've never heard of that either. I can understand more complex issues probably not being accepted into a refund program, but altogether rejected from the practice? Wow! I'm so sorry!

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Loading the player...
  • Aww so sorry (((hugs)))
    :: Me: 30 ~ DH: 27 ::
       :: TTC since Oct 2013 ~ NTNP since Dec 2010 ::
    :: DX: PCOS Characteristics & MFI ::
    ~May 2014: 1st Consult with RE~
    ~SA #1/#2 (low on all #'s), HSG (found non-threatening uterine fibroid)~
    ~*1500mg Metformin Daily*~
    *June: Medicated Cycle #1: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN* 
    *July: Medicated Cycle #2: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
     *Aug: Medicated Cycle #3: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
    *Sept: IUI #1: 5mg Letrozole + Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone = BFN*
    Possibly Looking at IVF.. RE Suggested DH See a Urologist Before Moving On With Treatments 
    *Currently on a Break*
    ~*All Welcome*~

::: 3T November Siggy Challenge: Animals Being Jerks:::
  • That really stinks!  Here's to finding the RIGHT clinic for you!

Me: 28 DH: 28

Married: 6 years

TTC since: Sept 2010

Diagnosis: Stage 4 Endometriosis, Hashimoto's

Treatment: Lupron (3/2010 – 9/2010 & 7/2013 – 2/2014)

April 2013 - BFP – missed mc confirmed 5/08/2014. D&C 5/22/2014

Sept/Oct 2014: IUI #1 (Gonal F + HCG) = BFN

Oct/Nov 2014: Temporarily Benched due to multiple cysts on each ovary.

Nov 27: IUI #2 (Gonal F + HCG) = BFP

• I am so sorry to hear that. Wishing you luck with the next clinic you go to.
    Me-33 DH-36.
    Married 11/10 TTC 11/10
    06/11- diagnosed with PCOS 
    7/11- D&C and benched for a year 
    9/12-4/13-6 rounds of 50 mg Clomid- no sucess 
    6/13- new doc
    7/13-4/14- 6 more rounds of Clomid. 50 mg and then stepped up to 100mg- no success 
    5/14-7/14- took break waiting for new insurance 
    7/14-new insurance= new doc- actually a RE!!!! 
    7/14-HSG and blood test good-PCOS confirmed by new doc 
    10/14 looking forward to 1st IUI w/ Menopur. Blood Test= Negative
    11/14- IUI #2
    w/ Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    1/15- IUI # 3 w/
    Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    2/15- Self Benched this cycle
    3/15/15-Suprise BFP on natural cycle!!!! EDD-11/16/15

• That is so crazy!  I'm incredibly sorry you're dealing with that on top of IF in general.  Please, open the wine!
    Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• That is absolutely horrible, I can't believe they would turn you away! Really hoping you find an awesome place that doesn't put restrictions on who they will or will not help. So sorry what you're going through, good luck moving forward.

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so sorry. That is outrageous. I hope you find good care with a decent doctor who cares about helping people, and not just stats

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• murrt said:
    Sorry that happened to you. Did they give you a viable reason? I know for me, the RE told me most clinics wouldn't accept me because they have a BMI cut off and the anesthesiologist would be scared to put me under (which I think is bullshit...what do they do for obese people with other surgeries?! But it's good motivation to lose weight). Did they give you any reasonable reason other than being concerned about their stats?
    I personally don't think the reasons were viable, I mean they were the exact reasons why we were there in the first place. The RE said the sperm morphology, unicornuate uterus and the endometriosis were the major reasons. He kind of mentioned my age (36) but not as much as the other reasons. He said something about patients with endo produce "hard" shell eggs and there is more fluid, which makes these types of eggs harder to fertilize. The RE also mentioned that he usually recommends transferring 2-3 embryos but he can't do that with me. And he mentioned the take home baby rates, which I know my UU puts me at risk for preterm labor. DH appreciated his honesty (always the optimist)....but I felt like we were mutants by the time we left. When we got in the car I asked DH, "What do you want for dinner Wolverine?" 
    :-w
    Me: +35 DH: +35
    TTC: Since January 2013 
    DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
    TX: Metformin
    DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
    Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
    HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
    Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
    • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
    • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
    • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
    • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
    • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
    • Finally ovulating on my own!!
    Waiting to start IVF hopefully
    **********All Are Welcome**************
    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

• That is so awful! I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this on top of IF in general. What is your next move? Is there a third option?

On a side note, I didn't know that some clinic offer a refund program. That is interesting...

Married and started TTC in July 2013

"Diagnosed" with unexplained infertility
    Oct 2014 IUI #1: 100mg clomid/HCG trigger/2 mature follicles/18mil post wash sperm count: BFP!!!

• Wow. I cannot believe that. I'm so sorry. (((HUGS)))
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Ann612Ann612 member
    edited October 2014
    That has to be discouraging. I hope you can find someplace that cares more about helping than stats.
  • Oh, that is so unfair, I'm so sorry, BabyJ! Those people became doctors to use their expertise to heal those who need it. How can they give up on you because you happen to be in need of more help, just to make people searching the internet think they are more successful? Those nasty, greedy old doctors don't deserve the cool chance to work with you and experience success with you. I hope you find a REAL doctor very soon, one who makes you feel like you deserve to be a mom, and makes sure you understand that your IF diagnosis is THEIR issue to solve, not YOUR issue to feel crappy about!!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • This sucks. I'm sorry you are dealing with this.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• ((HUGS)) I'm so sorry you're dealing with this crap.
    **********SIGGY/TICKER WARNING**********

ALL WELCOME!

TTC since 04/12
    Me- 26 PCOS
    DH- 28 MFI
    10/13 IUI #1 (1 follie)- BFP!
    11/13 M/C @9 wk due to tetraploidy, one little boy in heaven
    01/14 IUI#2 (1 follie) BFN
    02/14 IUI #3 (3 follies) BFN
    03/14 IUI #4 (2 follies) BFN
    05/14 IVF/ICSI #1 CXL
    07/14 IVF/ICSI #1.2 6R, 6M, 5F, 2T, 2 frosties!
    Transferred 2-5dt  CP
    09/14 FET #1 BFP! Beta #1 52 Beta #2 152!
    10/20/14- It's TWINS!

1/15- TEAM PURPLE!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow, that sounds completely unethical and makes me angry for you. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that ((hugs)). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's really unfair. I understand the refund thing, but to be told even without it they won't take you is just wrong. You deserve a shot at a bio child just as much as the next person at their clinic.
    *** If you want to know where I (and soo many others) have gone, click here ***
  • I'm so sorry you're having to go through this =( How awful they would turn you away when that is what they're there for! Hoping you can find somewhere that will help you guys be successful! 
  • Honestly the whole fertility treatments/clinics/insurance coverage (pretty much anything to do with fertility stuff) is completely stupid and unfair in this country, we didn't ask to have these problems and it's not fair we have to be punished for them. I have PCOS too, and treament has been fucking hell. 
    I'm so sorry for all this. I'm confident for you that something will come along but what a painful road to have to go down. 
    Me: 24 
    DH:25
    TTC for over a year with PCOS. We'll see what happens. 
    November 3 2014-finally going to see an RE!

Favorite villain: Alex from A Clockwork Orange
  • I'm so sorry that they would do that ... was either one of the clinics a SIRM clinic ?? If not I would highly recommend consulting with them ... they seem to take on much harder cases than most fertility clinics ... I am a SIRM patient in Las Vegas with Dr. Sher himself ... good luck to you I really hope you find an RE that is worth your time and that will do whatever they can to help you ...
    Me - 37 DOR
    DH - 44 V/VR ASA
    We have been ttc for almost 2 years ... DH has a 20 year old son from previous marriage.
    Nov 2012 - VR
    Dec 2012 - Start TTC
    Dec 2013 - IUI #1 - BFN
    Jan 2014 - IUI #2 - BFN
    Aug 2014 - IVF #1 - BFN
    Nov 2014 - IVF #2 - ???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"