Options

Anyone having a sex reveal party?

2»

Re: Anyone having a sex reveal party?

• Options
    beatlesgal4beatlesgal4 member
    edited September 2014
    https://s21.postimg.org/hbj9vjifb/Screenshot_2014_09_30_17_28_56.png

ETA: I still don't know how to post images on mobile, but here is this one as well. I will fix it when I get home!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Reveal party sounds fine, I was thinking of doing it with the babyshower. I have two boys already and everyone I know is excited that this may be a girl. I'm hopeful too but I'll be happy either way. Still on the fence about it because I can't hold water and I'll blab it as soon as I find out. But anyway it does make it exciting for the guest to guess. Plus it's more fun than making 50 phone calls and less expensive than announcements n stamps. Not sure about gifts though, I like to buy gifts after you find out what you're having. Just a nice dinner with your friends n folks. My mom's side of the family is actually casting lots...These reveals can be lucrative too I guess lol. I hope I get a cut of the winnings then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is there a way to delete the damn app? It's letting in all the strays

Heeeey. I only app!
  • Options
    I can't even. I really want to, but I just can't. Even.
  • Options
    etoille said:

jvdurant said:

Reveal party sounds fine, I was thinking of doing it with the babyshower. I have two boys already and everyone I know is excited that this may be a girl. I'm hopeful too but I'll be happy either way. Still on the fence about it because I can't hold water and I'll blab it as soon as I find out. But anyway it does make it exciting for the guest to guess. Plus it's more fun than making 50 phone calls and less expensive than announcements n stamps. Not sure about gifts though, I like to buy gifts after you find out what you're having. Just a nice dinner with your friends n folks. My mom's side of the family is actually casting lots...These reveals can be lucrative too I guess lol. I hope I get a cut of the winnings then.

You are having your own third baby shower wherein you will reveal the sex of your baby for a profit?  Just making sure I have that all straight...

Is it time for this yet?

Specials??? Anyway. Lol no, my friends from church throw a baby shower for EVERY baby. I'm not throwing it myself, I just have friends that don't mind. Some people do a reveal, some don't. It's not really a faux pas for us. As for the profit, not even joking my family has bets placed because my sister is pregnant too and they wanted to guess who was going to have what. Doesn't bother me at all. Probably going to get cash and gifts anyway, baby shower or not. I'm surrounded by generous people. Why is that wrong or weird?
  • Options
    So I guess I'm not surrounded by generous people because everyone around me follows etiquette and is aware that one baby shower is enough ::shrugs::
  • Options
    No I won't be having one of these, it did cross my mind as an excuse to eat cake but my hubby and I are way too impatient for that ;) we want to know what the sex will be ASAP.
  • Options
    Actually my family doesn't attend my church but people are sinful in nature. There is none good but God so I think I'll leave my judgements there. I said ...generous people etc... Because I'm not worried about having one or not as far as gifts are concerned. I'm prepared to buy what I need for my own child but my family and friends are generally supportive and like to shower and celebrate every new life that adds to our family, not just the first one. I don't see a problem with more than one shower. Throwing your own has kind of a "forever alone" feeling though, not on that boat. We don't do it for gifts, we don't require a gift to come either. We do it for the cake!!!! Just kidding but I really love cake. I wouldn't deny my second or third child a birthday party. So baby showers aren't much different to me.
  • Options
    Well my family does parties for every baby because we love having parties.  But don't do gifts or anything.  Not sure if that's the same thing or not.  Really, I think it's just an excuse for my cousin to use his BBQ...

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    We are thinking of having a reveal- this is our 5th (and last) baby and we had never done anything like that before. My husband and I already know what the sex is but our other 4 kids and family are very excited to find out. Why not make it fun for them? We don't expect gifts, won't have a shower, and really it's going to be more of a family and close friend BBQ with our kids opening a box with some balloons in it. No big deal. And for those that do have them, so what? We have gone to a few and they have been fun. To each their own.
  • Options
    Hello, I'm the OP. I'm new to the board and clearly posted this poll before I looked around and got a feel for topics and the people here. I really do not understand why some of you continue to argue with each other. I actually stopped looking at the post when I figured out this is an unpopular topic on this app and took it to my other apps where it was welcomed with a different response.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but here it seems like a difference of opinion is not respected from some of your comments.

No, I'm an not attention seeking whore who wants to have a gender reveal because I'm narcissistic.
    I have friends and family constantly asking me what I'm having or when I'm finding out on a weekly basis SO to combat against sending out a mass text or making multiple phone calls to people, I'm having a gender reveal. No gifts at all. I actually put that in the invitation. I honestly don't see the issue with celebrating the SEX of your child with your loved ones.
  • Options
    Oh good, so you mentioned gifts on the invitation. Classy level: 100
  • Options
    kfoston18kfoston18 member
    edited October 2014
    janda426 said:

Oh please get off the anal train. I don't want gifts which is why it was put on the invitation. And given your responses to people on this thread, I wouldn't even speak on what is classy if i were you.
    Snarky, judgmental, anal people who think their opinions are all that matters? I'll pass. Just because you have people agree with your opinion doesn't make anyone else's wrong or invalid.
    Totally done with this board and conversation.
  • Options
    kfoston18 said:

janda426 said:

Oh please get off the anal train. I don't want gifts which is why it was put on the invitation. And given your responses to people on this thread, I wouldn't even speak on what is classy if i were you.
    Snarky, judgmental, anal people who think their opinions are all that matters? I'll pass. Just because you have people agree with your opinion doesn't make anyone else's wrong or invalid.
    Saying no gifts on an invite is just as tacky as asking for gifts, it sounds like you are asking for gifts using false modesty and I totally disagree with your opinion on @janda426‌ she's very supportive of people who show others respect, support, and don't aw all over the board. Having an opinion doesn't make one a bitch
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    kfoston18kfoston18 member
    edited October 2014
    It's a bitchy undertone in her response that's totally not necessary. @kellbell1982. It's not necessary to nitpick everything someone says like @janda426‌ . My opinion is that there's nothing wrong with having a sex reveal party. Others opinions are not mine, but I don't see them as invalid at all. Somehow me saying I don't want to text or call everyone gets turned into me saying it's too hard to do that by @MauiBliss‌. I can do whatever the hell I want to do at the end of the day and so can you, but there's a way to express a different opinion without putting words into people's mouths.
    This is like Mean Girls: The pregnancy edition. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited October 2014
    MauiBliss said:

kfoston18 said:

janda426 said:

WHY IS NO ONE ASKING WHERE THE ANAL TRAIN STATION IS?

I am disappointed in you slores.
    I didn't ask because I'm the conductor. Toot toot! Get on mah train!

Punch my ticket, baby. 

***quote***

*waggles eyebrows* Baby, you know you have an open ticket on my train.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    janda426 said:

I never did hop on board the anal train. Too afraid of things going in through the exit door, if you know what I mean.

Caboose! *childish giggling*

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I want to ride
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lol anal train. Images I never needed in my brain...
  • Options
    MandJS said:
    jvdurant said:
    Actually my family doesn't attend my church but people are sinful in nature. There is none good but God so I think I'll leave my judgements there. I said ...generous people etc... Because I'm not worried about having one or not as far as gifts are concerned. I'm prepared to buy what I need for my own child but my family and friends are generally supportive and like to shower and celebrate every new life that adds to our family, not just the first one. I don't see a problem with more than one shower. Throwing your own has kind of a "forever alone" feeling though, not on that boat. We don't do it for gifts, we don't require a gift to come either. We do it for the cake!!!! Just kidding but I really love cake. I wouldn't deny my second or third child a birthday party. So baby showers aren't much different to me.
    Seriously?!?!? I'm a good person. I don't steal, kill and all of that other ten commandment stuff but I'm still considered a bad person? Huh... I've now figured out why I abandoned the bloody church. Thanks @jvdurant
    So much easier being Jewish, I think. ;)
    See I ate Kosher for an entire summer and ended up with an ulcer.  Pure coincidence, I'm sure, but I like to think bacon and sausage covered in cheese keepa my stomach in tact.  And also what I claim cured the ulcer (it was medication).   

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    kfoston18 said:
    It's a bitchy undertone in her response that's totally not necessary. @kellbell1982. It's not necessary to nitpick everything someone says like @janda426‌ . My opinion is that there's nothing wrong with having a sex reveal party. Others opinions are not mine, but I don't see them as invalid at all. Somehow me saying I don't want to text or call everyone gets turned into me saying it's too hard to do that by @MauiBliss‌. I can do whatever the hell I want to do at the end of the day and so can you, but there's a way to express a different opinion without putting words into people's mouths. This is like Mean Girls: The pregnancy edition. Ridiculous.
    Why you so mean? 

@saucylittlemonkeygirl‌ I mostly lurk, but holy shit, your costume fail signature is awesomely disturbing. I can't look away! I definitely think you win.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"