February 2015 Moms

A/S vent - long

2»

Re: A/S vent - long

• I'm sorry. That is really bad :(
  • I just had my A/S today. My husband was allowed to come back with me and the tech talked us through the whole scan and was joking with us. We do go to MFM clinic within our hospital because of my AMA, but this was the norm with my first two pregnancies as well. I haven't ever heard of what some of the PP have experienced. I thought what I have experienced is the norm. Sorry, OP. I would be mad as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our ultrasound tech was horrible this morning too. Nothing quite near what you experienced, but I was nervous from the beginning, and her rudeness made it worse. She wasn't speaking and just flying along. I asked "are you measuring the head right now?" And she said with an annoying tone "I'm measuring a lot of things..." I almost started crying and my husband said "calm down, it's ok..." So she flew through the scan, it lasted MAYBE ten minutes. With our son, the A/S took 30 minutes, and she was super thorough. With this one, the tech made it seem like we were bothering her by being there. Our pictures, well, we can't tell wtf anything is. It literally looks like swishes...and I know they can be hard to see, but this was blatantly obviously she didn't give a crap. She took quick shots and at the end said "looks like a girl...", printed out the pictures, handed them to us and showed us out the door. My husband said "I'm so glad we got the tech who is obviously having a sh***y morning and took it out on us." I asked the doctor to verify the sex and she went into more detail of the ultrasound for us. I know we were lucky to get any photos or find out the sex but I agree with you, we are still paying customers. Without customers, this b wouldn't have a job to come to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Apart from being left alone in the room for a long time, this is a normal ultrasound for any I have been to (9 in my last pregnancy, 2 so far in this one) the Husband (or person you are bringing) is not allowed in the actual scan, they are invited in at the end to see the baby. Throughout the ultrasound, other than a couple small talk questions they don't say much because they are trying to get 200+ pictures taken of your baby. Sorry you had a bad experience, hopefully the next one is better!

Ugh--Quote fail!!!! Got stuck in the box. :-(

Really? My husband was welcome when I got a trans-vaginal ultrasound in my first trimester, which you think would have more restricted access. I've also been told he is welcome at the AS, which will be about an hour long appointment.

BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • This thread makes me so happy that my practice schedules ultrasounds and OB appointments the same day--do the ultrasound, wait around for a half an hour or so, see the doctor/np/midwife next. It makes for a long afternoon, but I can't imagine how I would feel if I had to wait a week for results. :-/

BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • Moral of the story for anyone who has yet to have their anatomy scan is to find out all the details  - 

Is your DH/SO/Friend/Dog/Cat  allowed in the room
    Will you get pictures
    Will you learn the medical details that day or will you have to wait until you see your OB
    Does your bladder need to be full
    Are you able to watch the screen during the scan
    This is good advice. I never thought to check policies because I've never experienced anything different in all my previous ultrasounds. This includes a fetal echocardiogram to check for heart defects, and a couple urgent/emergency scans. I wish they all let at least 1 person accompany you to the back. We always appreciated that.

Well, ya live, ya learn...
    Anniversary 

• What a horrible experience and very frustrating. I'm sorry
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

DS-1/27/04 DS-11/5/12 MC-5/7/14 BFP: 5/27/14 

imageimageimage

• That's a pretty nasty experience!! You should give the feedback to your referring OB's office!! He/She probably isn't aware of the quality service they are sending patients to!!
    I guess the important thing is that your LO is healthy! And it sounds like everything is good on that front!!
    Hope your experiences get better from this point!
  • That "call who" comment would have pissed me off even more. Even if you don't complain about the policies her attitude needs a serious adjustment by her boss. What a bitch!!
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Sounds awful, some people are really not cut out for this line of work...
  • foxslaw said:

See, I'm shocked because that was not my experience AT ALL. Quite literally the opposite. I would definitely tell your obgyn.

Same. I'm totally shocked by this and that it seems pretty common to a lot of ladies. I have monthly measurement u/s and whoever I want is in there with me the whole time. DH and both DDs. My tech tells me everything she is measuring and points everything out. Also tells me the results of what she's measuring. At the very end the dr comes in and looks around for a min. I've never had to wait for a dr to call me days later, I assumed this was the norm.
  • As a social worker in a hospital, I would say this is entirely wrong. Healthcare does have a focus yes, but it is still about you and you have every right to know EVERYTHING that's going on. Our techs aren't allowed to tell overall what they see, but are allowed to talk. I had a US in the emergency department recently and while she didn't tell me everything she did explain some things like what she was looking at body part wise.

We have a policy called AIDET. It's all about customer service. Acknowledge, introduce, duration, explain, thank. They may not be able to tell you EVERYTHING, but you are the customer and should be treated accordingly. I'm so sorry for your experience. Don't let them make you think there isn't someone you can launch a formal complaint with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"