February 2015 Moms
Options

Nearly fainted yesterday!

I was having lunch with my boyfriend and just finished eating when I started feeling really hot so I went to the bathroom and started to get cold sweat and weak I knew I was about to faint because it happened to me before so I tried to get back to my boyfriend but felt really bad so I sat down and then I started vomiting... then I felt immediately well just a little bit down but I cannot understand what happened maybe it has nothing to do with pregnancy but I got scared has ever happened to any of you??

Re: Nearly fainted yesterday!

• Options
    It happened during my first pregnancy...we were out to eat. Fine one minute then I got dizzy, sweaty and threw up...he had to carry me to the car. Went to the hospital and they said I was dehydrated, got done fluids and felt better. Dizziness is very common now and I have to be careful each time I get up...hope you feel better!!!!
  • Options
    Thank you Ashley I am good today but yesterday seemed really strange and we both got scared...probably I am not drinking enough water i'll report that to my midwife anyway!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's tough to keep up with, I forget too :-) it's def scary but I find that lots of scary things are happening to me as of late...these kids do a number on you! :-)
  • Options
    I almost did last week. I ate breakfast then headed out and walked/biked no more than maybe a mile and a quarter to a meeting. Part way through I had a hard time catching my breath so I slowed down. By the time I got there I was cold sweating, shaky and weak and felt like puking. It took me a good 5 minutes to recover. I bike/walk that same route everyday so I don't think I overexerted myself. It was super random like yours. I'm sorry you got sick though, that must have really sucked :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How much water are you drinking a day?? I've been aiming for a gallon but my doc just told me to try and drink more!! I get lightheaded often....usually in the shower.
  • Options
    Something similar happened both days this weekend. I was out shopping both days and after about a half hour I got really dizzy (to the point where I was seeing spots). Had to quit early both days and go home to rest. I wasn't dehydrated though, I drink more then enough these days!
  • Options
    Happened to me. I got over heated plus with all of the organs shifting around, my uterus was pressing on a nerve that week. Take it easy, tell your doctor & be careful!
  • Options
    @SBmomma‌ definitely too little! about one and a half litre! it's not easy when you do things to remember to drink so often!
  • Options
    @kdhuling‌ yes it really sucked because you don't expect it at all it happened so suddenly....anyway I hope it won't happen again!
  • Options
    lcelestre said:
    @SBmomma‌ definitely too little! about one and a half litre! it's not easy when you do things to remember to drink so often!

I hear ya....it seems like I'm always running to the bathroom to pee. I'm so over water.
  • Options
    @SBmomma‌ yes it seems all you have to do is drink and pee and so many times that it takes all day!! (:|
  • Options
    So tonight I went to my weekly Mommy's group. When I was walking back to the car I got nauseous, and broke out into a cold sweat. Halfway home I had to pull over, open the door and puke. Just really tired now...came out of the blue and reminded me of this post. Maybe a halfway thru thing? Ick so gross lol
  • Options
    That happened to me Friday while walking my students to specials. Luckily I didn't faint but it was touch and go. Doctor said to drink more fluids and eat every two hours. It was probably dehydration. It's so scary. Keep snacks and water with you :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happened to me a few times, too. Once for overheating/dehydration, but the other times were low blood pressure. My midwife told me that standing or sitting for long periods of time can make it worse, so sometimes I have to sit in public when I feel it coming on (like waiting in a long line). When people find out I'm pregnant, they quit side-eyeing me, though! Hope that's helpful to you.

Baby #2 due 2/15/15!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb 15 January Siggy Challenge:  What you're looking forward to most after baby arrives:
    NO MORE HEARTBURN!

• Options
    I've had it too! My doctor says to really watch your SUGAR intake in your second trimester... I've been drinking 2 liters of water a day, and making sure I eat little snack often.. Cheese and crackers, celery and peanut butter, hand full of nuts, anything with protein and not too much sugar. I feel great now, and haven't had that Shakey sweaty crash anymore! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"