January 2014 Moms

Biting whilst nursing

EsthiEsthi member
edited September 2014 in January 2014 Moms
DD has one little tiny mega sharp tooth .... And she keeps biting me while I nurse her. It's sooooo painfull. What can I do to stop her from biting ??

Re: Biting whilst nursing

• Say "Ow! No biting!" and put her down for a few minutes. She'll likely get upset, but she should catch on.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• I second putting her down.

Every time she bites, unlatch and set her down for a minute or so.

But really, try everything you have to until it sticks. Those teeth hurt!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • My DD has 8 teeth.  I understand your pain!  The 1st time she bit, I squealed and she thought that was funny.  So of course she did it again.  The next time I said, "no bite" and sat her down.  I did this for probably about 1-2 weeks.  One time she bit me so hard she broke skin.  I had to pump on that side for a few days because it hurt too much to have her nurse.  She hasn't bitten me since then. 
  • EsthiEsthi member
    edited September 2014
    Yes so today I was really "strict " with her ... In my own interest . Let's see where it gets me to
  • Agreed with the "No biting!" and pulling off. @holly142, my DS is working on cutting his 7th and 8th teeth too! Never did I ever think my little (almost) 8 month old would have so many teeth this early!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
    Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012
  • @bee .Goodness me 8 teeth . That must be a torture for you
  • What pp said. My dd didn't bite, only 2 teeth. But I have heard others swear by saying no and stopping the feeding session.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Mine had 7 teeth when he first bit. Bit me twice on the same side, broke skin... It was terrible. However, it was a wakeup call to me that that side (right) wasn't producing nearly enough/as much as the left side. I got my supply back up on that side before I tried nursing again, ha. Hasn't happened since.
  • Mine had 7 teeth when he first bit. Bit me twice on the same side, broke skin... It was terrible. However, it was a wakeup call to me that that side (right) wasn't producing nearly enough/as much as the left side. I got my supply back up on that side before I tried nursing again, ha. Hasn't happened since.

O wow , I would have NEVER thought that it means to little milk in that side. I know and how do I know that it hurts , but it's kind off cute
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"