January 2014 Moms
Options

Biting whilst nursing

EsthiEsthi member
edited September 2014 in January 2014 Moms
DD has one little tiny mega sharp tooth .... And she keeps biting me while I nurse her. It's sooooo painfull. What can I do to stop her from biting ??

Re: Biting whilst nursing

• Options
    Say "Ow! No biting!" and put her down for a few minutes. She'll likely get upset, but she should catch on.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    I second putting her down.

Every time she bites, unlatch and set her down for a minute or so.

But really, try everything you have to until it sticks. Those teeth hurt!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD has 8 teeth.  I understand your pain!  The 1st time she bit, I squealed and she thought that was funny.  So of course she did it again.  The next time I said, "no bite" and sat her down.  I did this for probably about 1-2 weeks.  One time she bit me so hard she broke skin.  I had to pump on that side for a few days because it hurt too much to have her nurse.  She hasn't bitten me since then. 
  • Options
    EsthiEsthi member
    edited September 2014
    Yes so today I was really "strict " with her ... In my own interest . Let's see where it gets me to
  • Options
    Agreed with the "No biting!" and pulling off. @holly142, my DS is working on cutting his 7th and 8th teeth too! Never did I ever think my little (almost) 8 month old would have so many teeth this early!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
    Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012
  • Options
    @bee .Goodness me 8 teeth . That must be a torture for you
  • Options
    What pp said. My dd didn't bite, only 2 teeth. But I have heard others swear by saying no and stopping the feeding session.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    Mine had 7 teeth when he first bit. Bit me twice on the same side, broke skin... It was terrible. However, it was a wakeup call to me that that side (right) wasn't producing nearly enough/as much as the left side. I got my supply back up on that side before I tried nursing again, ha. Hasn't happened since.
  • Options

Mine had 7 teeth when he first bit. Bit me twice on the same side, broke skin... It was terrible. However, it was a wakeup call to me that that side (right) wasn't producing nearly enough/as much as the left side. I got my supply back up on that side before I tried nursing again, ha. Hasn't happened since.

O wow , I would have NEVER thought that it means to little milk in that side. I know and how do I know that it hurts , but it's kind off cute
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"