May 2014 Moms

~FFFC~

2»

Re: ~FFFC~

• AngelaAmyAngelaAmy member
    edited September 2014
    I had gallbladder surgery in July and I still eat cheese. In fact now I can eat stuff I want more often and not be afraid of being in pain all night long.
    Edited because that was obviously a response to the gallbladder post however I apparently don't know how to include quotes. Clearly I don't post enough here.
  • KellyQ116 said:
    I might lose any Bump friends that I have.... I think the Big Bang Theory is stupid. I've tried to watch because my whole family is obsessed but I just find it to be lame jokes and a laugh track
    This is a UO.  Please exit this thread with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @Kimbus22‌ @AngelaAmy‌ yeah @SSoegaard2011‌ pm me and told me she was ok after too. I think my surgeon just scared the shit out of me so I would eat better. Lol they gave me a what not to eat list and said I would be running to the bathroom if I are anything greasy! Haha good to know!
  • KBowen715 said:

Katzalia said:

And why would anyone wait to do a birth announcement until their child is 4 months old??

So it's too late to send out birth announcements?
    Piggybacking on this....

My FFFC is that I literally sent out birth announcements yesterday. Piers is 20 weeks old. I wish I was kidding.

I was only half kidding myself. I meant to send out birth announcements but with moving my ambition faded. So it's either do them now or just do a holiday cards. Or possibly neither.

My FFFC is we moved two months ago and I still have a big stack of boxes in my basement to unpack. How did I not think that moving with a newborn would be a fucktastrophe?
  • We did send out birth announcements at the end of July, I think.

My FFFC: I haven't had time to send thank you notes for any of the baby gifts we got. This includes baby shower gifts. Yes, I suck.

I still have some to send too. It is something I feel guilty about every day. I'm going on vacation in a couple weeks and am going to knock them all out for good.
    :-S
  • KellyQ116 said:

I might lose any Bump friends that I have.... I think the Big Bang Theory is stupid.

I've tried to watch because my whole family is obsessed but I just find it to be lame jokes and a laugh track

Finally! I also dislike it. As does my husband. He has a PhD in neuroscience and whenever someone finds out they automatically ask him if we watch that show. No. It's not funny and all the "smart stuff" they talk about is just a bunch of babble "science words" to make them sound nerdy. The fact that it is so popular is almost an insult to the intelligence of the audience. As if the producers don't think the audience is smart enough to understand they aren't actually talking about anything scientific in a logical way.

**but all of this is based on the maybe 4 half episodes I've seen - I've never been able to make it through a whole one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • edited September 2014
    I might lose any Bump friends that I have.... I think the Big Bang Theory is stupid. I've tried to watch because my whole family is obsessed but I just find it to be lame jokes and a laugh track
    Finally! I also dislike it. As does my husband. He has a PhD in neuroscience and whenever someone finds out they automatically ask him if we watch that show. No. It's not funny and all the "smart stuff" they talk about is just a bunch of babble "science words" to make them sound nerdy. The fact that it is so popular is almost an insult to the intelligence of the audience. As if the producers don't think the audience is smart enough to understand they aren't actually talking about anything scientific in a logical way. **but all of this is based on the maybe 4 half episodes I've seen - I've never been able to make it through a whole one.
    This actually makes me happy. When I tell people that I study religion, they're always like: "Oh, have you read The Da Vinci Code?" Ugh.
    Whaaatt?? You don't believe that Jesus had a child with Mary Magdalene and their descendants are amongst us?? Shame on you!

What is wrong with people!?!
  • I still haven't finished sending thank you notes for my wedding... I think that ship has sailed. I'm a terrible person.
  • @Lissiehoya‌ We'll have to agree to disagree. I really liked the book, I think I read it in two days because I couldn't set it down. I am a sucker for treasure hunt adventures though!

How ridiculous that people ask you about it though. Clearly they don't understand the concept of fiction! So what are your thoughts on Angels and Demons ( I kid, I kid!)?
  • KellyQ116 said:

I might lose any Bump friends that I have.... I think the Big Bang Theory is stupid.

I've tried to watch because my whole family is obsessed but I just find it to be lame jokes and a laugh track

Finally! I also dislike it. As does my husband. He has a PhD in neuroscience and whenever someone finds out they automatically ask him if we watch that show. No. It's not funny and all the "smart stuff" they talk about is just a bunch of babble "science words" to make them sound nerdy. The fact that it is so popular is almost an insult to the intelligence of the audience. As if the producers don't think the audience is smart enough to understand they aren't actually talking about anything scientific in a logical way.

**but all of this is based on the maybe 4 half episodes I've seen - I've never been able to make it through a whole one.
    I love you. DH likes TBBT (he's a therapist), and I watched it last week to make him happy. I almost died a little when Mayim Bialik's character said 'pleasure cells'. I'm like, 'YOU MEAN DOPAMINE RECEPTORS?!'

So, on this. Has anyone read Mayim Bialik's dissertation? I'm a fan.
  • Must start watching this Big Bang theory show you all speak off.

~~~checking netflix/amazon now~~~
  • KellyQ116 said:
    I couldn't agree more. I go out of my way to turn it and usually I'm ok with most shows playing in the background

It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"