Two Under 2

Baby #2... feeling totally disconnected

DS will be 7 months old next week, and I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant with baby 2. I will have a c section 1 yr and 4 days after DS was born. It was a huge shock, definitely not something I planned. I am so focused on DS, I kind of feel very disconnected from this pregnancy. With DS, I journaled everything about my pregnancy and took bump pictures, and had names very early. I woke up every day thinking about him, and I was so anxious. It is completely opposite with this pregnancy- I haven't had time to get a pregnancy journal, and I've only taken 1 bump pic. Some days I completely forget I'm pregnant. Not in a "lets go on a sushi binge and drink a bottle of vodka" way, it's just not on my mind constantly like DS was. I'm worried I won't have the same bond with 2 as I do with DS. Maybe it will get better when I get bigger and feel baby moving... I hope. I am happy about another baby, but sort of terrified about having a 1 year old and a newborn. Did anyone else feel similar or am I a total heartless freak?
BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

February 2014 Moms Siggy Challenge... Turkeys

BabyName Ticker

Re: Baby #2... feeling totally disconnected

• I felt disconnected the 2nd time around. It wasn't until my friends threw me a sprinkle and we finally agreed on a name that I got excited. That was around 30wks. Give yourself a break. It takes a lot of energy to care for a 7 month old while pregnant.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Yes - my second pregnancy was very different. I was just way to busy to focus on it. Perfectly normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • My first two are 13 months apart, and I was the same way with #2. I promise that my bond with him is awesome now that he's here. I'm pregnant with #3, and I have an even bigger disconnect with this pregnancy. I've just come to terms with the fact that no pregnancy will be as all consuming as my first because I don't have time for that. Honestly though, I like that because it helps me live in the present instead of longing for delivery day.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Completely normal. Every day activities with another LO take up the time we all spent consumed with our first pregnancies. As you get further along and start preparing and feeling more movement you'll be more aware. I kind of made the time before I went to sleep at night mine and baby time. I felt him kick, talked to him, and just thought more about him.

• I think it's completely normal. With first pregnancy, everything us new and exciting then the second time around, it's lost some of the magic. I felt the same way. Also being so busy with the first one made it difficult to concentrate on bring pregnant. But I assure you, the second LO will be just as special!

• I am currently 15 weeks with my second and I feel completely the same way, I am just hoping that when my belly gets bigger and the can feel the baby move and I will start of fill more attached.

BTW our firsts name is Tucker as well <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"