Multiples
Options

Traveling at 19 weeks

Thinking of going on vacation to Key West while 19 weeks pregnant with twins. At this point is it harder to travel? Should we try and go earlier? Thanks!

Re: Traveling at 19 weeks

• Options
    I just got back from a week midwest to Seattle then Denver then home. I am 22w, I used a wheelchair at one big walking airport (and then we had the closest gate LOL). If I have another plane trip, I will need extender belt- but otherwise it was not hard, ankles swelled with so much "down time" was all :-)
    Have fun in Key West!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just traveled last week 6 hours by car at 20 weeks... it was uncomfortable I won't lie but a long as I got to stand up and stretch my legs often it was doable.  The worst part was adapting to a different bed at the hotel to be honest.

Have fun on your trip!  Ask your doctor if you have any concerns but you should be fine!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went to Florida (3 1/2 hour plane) when I was 18 weeks.  It was totally fine.  I was hardly even showing yet, but I did tell the ticket agent, and she "upgraded" us to the first row of the plane so I could use the bathroom easily.

Just wear extra SPF because pregnant skin is extra sensitive.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Options
    We traveled from Oregon to Florida Friday (head back tomorrow!) and I'm 23/24 wks. It wasn't awful, but uncomfortable after being on plane for so long!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just got back at 19w.. I wasn't showing very much so I felt completely normal. I got up to use the restroom in the middle of each flight & rolled my feet around while sitting. You'll be fine!

****siggy warning****

Me 29/ DH 28
    DH- MFI (low count, 2-3% morph)

IUI #1 January - Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 February - Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel: BFP 1st beta-25, 2nd beta-56, 3rd beta-45, miscarriage
    IUI #3 April - CD3 U/S 4-10. Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel CD11 - Cancelled.. TI w/5 follicles-BFN
    IUI #3.1 May - CD3 U/S 5-6, Follistim start 5-11 thru 5-17, u/s 5-18 3 mature w/ a close 4th, IUI 5-20 - BFP!
                 Beta #1 12dpo - 164 & progesterone - 89!, Beta #2 16 dpo - 1189, 5w3d - u/s shows TWINS!
                 6/19- u/s showed heartbeats! Baby A 111 & Baby B 118, both measuring 6w1d
                 7/3- Baby A hb 170, Baby B hb 166 - both measuring perfect.
                 7/18 - Baby A 165, Baby B 171 - both measuring right on track & moving all around!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!
  • Options
    I went on vacation at 19 weeks which included 4 hour flights and 6 hour drives, trips to the zoo and science centre, etc., and it was fine. Wouldn't have been able to do it much later than that though.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I took at trip from Az to Utah at 20 weeks which is a 12 hr car ride and it wasn't bad. Just had to stop and stretch out every few hours. They only thing that killed me was the elevation difference. I thought I was going to die walking around the mall because I kept getting so out of breath! But I think 20 weeks is probably the best time to go somewhere before you get too big and uncomfortable!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took 4 flights at 20w. Best advice I can give you is Give yourself extra time. I got out of breath on the long walks to gates. Wear compression socks on the flight and bring a small travel pillow. Hotel beds were way worse than the flights.
    Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"