April 2015 Moms
Options

~*~*~* Weekly IVF/TTTC/2IF/Infertility grads check-in 9/16 *~*~*~

pblgepblge member
edited September 2014 in April 2015 Moms
This check-in is meant for women who had a lot more trouble than most getting pregnant. You don't have to have done IVF to be part of the group, but we do want this limited to those who were diagnosed as infertile by an RE and were using some kind of medical assistance to get pregnant.

What's new with everyone this week? Symptoms to report? Scans? Appointments? Tell us everything!

QOTW: How are your anxiety levels? How are you staying calm and sane? Any tips to share with the rest of the group?
Also, do folks want a badge for this group?

Roll call:
Inviting @thebrewers2005 to join!

I'll leave these here for now:
@EssJayCee - When is your due date?
@nppulliam - When is your due date?
@TeeQ - When is your due date?

@sweetsurrender9 - April 1
@ImNotARegularMom - April 2
@mrsstubbs87 - April 2
@Lyndsey13 - April 3
@ melissalee.t - April 3
@teambabystone - April 4 (twins!)
@kflynn81 - April 6
@KylesBride - April 6
@nittycola - April 6
@Seachele98 - April 6
@ang12346 - April 7
@Alicia_R1 - April 8
@stranzm - April 9
@acrotzer - April 11
@amacksta14 - April 11
@taahira - April 13
@topaz7777 - April 13
@KellyA724 - April 14
@snegde - April 14
@jhesterm - April 15
@jmhansen11 - April 15
@KimL725 - April 15
@acrotzer - April 17
@pblge - April 17
@yarnymommy - April 17 (twins!)
@jlb902 - April 18
@jszy10 - April 18
@keifekm - April 18
@fjt908 - April 20
@CBKstar - April 21
@CaterinaC - April 22
@Grailseeker14 - April 22
@blueberries8 - April 22 (twins!)
@staciealfie - April 22 (twins!)
@chimaerakaren - April 25
@Canuck13 - April 26
@hmbb2300 - April 28 (twins!)
@AMShark - April 29 (twins!)
@Hpearl - April 30
@gsancho - May 2? (??)
@norsern - May 4 (planned C-section end of April)

April 2015 Angels:
JuneBug629 ((hugs))
kyliehopeful ((hugs))
marshmallowevening ((hugs))
Mommalemon ((hugs))
nycitygirl1 ((hugs))
Sha259 ((hugs))

I know there are more of these, so please remind me!
Vanishing twins:
keifekm
pblge
**********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage

Re: ~*~*~* Weekly IVF/TTTC/2IF/Infertility grads check-in 9/16 *~*~*~

• Options
    New this week, I've transitioned to maternity pants full time.  Between bloat + twins, my belly is uncomfortable in anything else.

Symptoms are still there, but not as often.  I'm still feeling overwhelming fatigue in the evenings as well as nausea before bed which isn't fun.  But, the nausea isn't every day, so I can deal ;)

Had first OB appt this past Friday and that went well.  I have a follow up next Friday when they'll do the genetic blood test.  I'm excited for that!

QOTW: My anxiety level is pretty high... of course we're excited to have these babies, but twins wasn't the original plan.  So, we're trying to wrap our heads around what we're going to do.  Still investigating work options, trying to decide if I'll come back after 12 weeks, take an extended leave, possibly move north closer to family... etc, all while trying to keep my meals down ;)

To combat the anxiety, I crochet (hence, I'm the yarnymommy :) )  It helps me sort of deal with whatever as well as making something beautiful.  Can't wait to find out genders so I can start on items for our little ones!
    Married September 2005 - TEAM PINK x2 this time around :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    New this week:  My meds were lowered (down to 1/2 cc of progesterone and 200 mgs of estrace) I know that is a good sign but I was scared to be lowered!

QOTD: My anxiety is driving me and hubby nuts. Due to my previous losses I think every ache or pain is the start of a miscarriage, and then every day where I don't feel ANY aches or pains, I assume I am no longer pregnant. I would love some tips on how everyone else is dealing! Relaxation tips would be a life (and sanity!) saver. I have my 9w U/S tomorrow, so I know that I will get some of my answers then, but I swear the clock has never moved so slow,....
    DECEMBER CHALLENGE: UGLY XMAS SWEATERS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

(My due date is actually April 3) I've been doing really good this week. The pregnancy symptoms this time around were WAY worse than my previous twin pregnancy but they are just now lifting and I feel pretty normal now, although still tired. Its really odd but I still don't really feel pregnant. I feel like its a big joke. We had our first appointment with our midwife group this week. I LOVED it! So different from the MFM I saw last time. They couldn't find the heartbeat on Doppler so they did a quick ultrasound. The baby was literally spinning and kicking and throwing his/her arms around. It was so cool!!! It looked like an actual baby too, not a little smudge. Which for some reason I wasn't expecting yet. I also got to take the Harmony test. Which is very cool to find out the gender so early, along with the other benefits of the test.

QOTW: I'm not having any anxiety at this point. I'm not sure how but I've been pretty cool and collected this time. That could change at any moment though.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Update: Less bleeding this past week from the SCH, which is good. I had a scan last Thursday and the SCH continues to grow in size, though not dramatically. Both babes seem to be growing and doing fine. I have my first OB appointment on Thursday. I have been super exhausted the past week.

QOTW: I am very anxious. Mostly, I am terrified of losing these babies in the second trimester due to PPROM or PTL like my first set of twins :( I am just trying to keep a positive attitude the best I can.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm 7w6d & I just had my 3rd u/s and my last RE visit this morning.  It feels amazing, and a little scary to graduate.  I have an appointment with by OB/GYN on 25-September.  I thought my doctor had left the practice that I use, but I've found that she now only takes pre-natal patients.  Well, that's me now, so, I'll be seeing her on Thursday - which is a nice little surprise.

There was no sign of the blood clot from last week on the u/s this week.  I hope that just means that it was absorbed, but a little afraid that it was just hard to see this week.  Both beans are measuring on schedule with strong heartbeats - and they're finally taking on the gummy bear shape that I've been anxiously awaiting.

QOTW:  My anxiety is still pretty high.  I don't know if its all about the pregnancy, or if its partly work too.  I've been very tired and easily distracted lately (hello, posting on a message board in the middle of the day) - and I'm worried that I'm falling behind.  So, when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, heartburn, and that report that I haven't gotten any responses on keep me up all night.  Running used to be my stress reliever, but I have done close to zero exercise in the past month.  I think getting back in the exercise groove might help me sleep through the night.
    I am open to a group badge, but I have no talent for creating them.  And if we don't create a badge, I'm just fine with that too.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm finally starting to feel like I have a *little* of my old energy back which is awesome. I'm still feeling pretty nauseous though and am really over that. I had to take my toddler to a soccer class today which is still parent participation at his age (20 months) and I wanted to vomit by the time class was over.

Tomorrow DH and I meet w/the genetic counselor to discuss testing options. Since I'm over 35 I can either get one of the noninvasive blood tests or get a CVS. We will probably opt for the blood test but am interested to hear what the counselor has to say. Also very excited to find out the sex of the baby which we hopefully will with either set of test! Last time I was under 35 so had to wait until the 20wk a/s to find that out.

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • Options
    I'm 10 weeks, 3 days today.  

Yesterday I was released from my fertility clinic.  This morning I had my first OB appointment.  It's starting to feel more real and a bit less scary.  Baby Bean was dancing around and we got a good picture of head, hands, feet, spine, and brain.  It's pretty incredible.

I don't really have any symptoms other than extreme tiredness and food doesn't sound good and when I do eat I get full super quick. I'll consider that lucky, but my homework from my OB was to gain weight in the next month since I've lost weight.

QOTW - My anxiety is manageable.  I think because this all happened quite fast and we were told it wouldn't work I haven't let myself believe it's real yet.  I'm ready for the 25th and my NT ultrasound.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

fjt908 said:
    New this week:  My meds were lowered (down to 1/2 cc of progesterone and 200 mgs of estrace) I know that is a good sign but I was scared to be lowered!

QOTD: My anxiety is driving me and hubby nuts. Due to my previous losses I think every ache or pain is the start of a miscarriage, and then every day where I don't feel ANY aches or pains, I assume I am no longer pregnant. I would love some tips on how everyone else is dealing! Relaxation tips would be a life (and sanity!) saver. I have my 9w U/S tomorrow, so I know that I will get some of my answers then, but I swear the clock has never moved so slow,....
    Last time around I was very very anxious. I did acupuncture which I felt really helped and also used an online meditation course (www.headspace.com). While neither of these things is going to eliminate 100% of your anxiety it can really help. If you're a yoga person that is also shown to lower anxiety. Maybe try getting a book of CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) anxiety techniques - there are a ton out there. It helps turn your thinking around so that you don't get stuck in those patterns of thinking so negatively.

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • Options

Well I went to my appointment on the 12th which was 9W 4D and we were able to hear the heartbeat on the doppler.  I have my next appointment on the 29th with the genetic counselor and for my NT scan right after.  I'm pretty nervous about that but will be very glad to be clear of that test. 

I have very bad morning sickness.  I keep about 1 meal a day down and it's pretty miserable.  My doctors have me on phenergan now, but it's not helping a lot.  Mostly I throw it up.

QOTW - My anxiety isn't too bad.  I know at this point there isn't anything that anyone can do to change how things are other than me just eating the right things and keeping risk as low as possible.  I'll be more anxious as the time goes on I think.  Fortunately my first pregnancy was not very scary so I think that is what is calming me the most.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    Thank you so much @nycitygirl1 I will be sure to check out that site, and look into some books. I know that all I am doing is driving myself mad, and that the anxiety and freaking out  is at best not helpful and at worst potentially harmful. I really appreciate the suggestions! :)
    DECEMBER CHALLENGE: UGLY XMAS SWEATERS
  • Options

10 weeks 1 day today, and my first OB ultrasound is tomorrow. I already miss my RE, despite how excited I was to graduate. I'm still symptom-free, with the exception of the shortness of breath. I seem to get repreives more often now with the breathing, but it's still kind of taking over my life.

My anxiety is still ridiculous, even though we've seen baby's heartbeat 3 times. I'll probably invest in a doppler this week. 

I'm also having mom-guilt already, which DH is getting frustrated with me about. I feel guilty about having needed a chest x-ray (despite the extra lengths they went to to protect the baby), about not eating well (I would live on pizza right now if I could), and about not exercising.

I thought pregnancy was going to be all puppies and rainbows, and I'd just be this joyful pregnant woman. Instead I'm a big ball of nerves and constantly freak out about being a bad mom before the baby even gets here. I recognize that I need to calm down and enjoy my pregnancy, but I'm just so scared of something going wrong.

I'm sorry this got so long - guess I needed to let some stuff out!

TTC #1 since 4/2012
    3 failed IUIs
    IVF #1: 23R / 18M / 14F - 7 frosties!
    ET on 7/26 of one perfect blast
    BFP on 8/1/14! EDD 4/13/15
    Beta #1 10dp5dt: 438; Beta #2 12dp5dt: 864; Beta #3 16dp5dt: 3,226

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today Im 11w1d. My symptoms come and go. I've been dealing with migraines for the past week, which make it really tough to distinguish nausea from MS and nausea from the migraine. Still pretty tired most of the time. I feel like a I have a little more energy, but I'm just not sleeping well.

I was released from my RE a week and a half ago. I find myself getting secretly angry at DH because i had an OB appt for this Thursday with an U/S, and had to change it to accomodate his work schedule. Its killing me having to wait so long to see that thibgs are going well. Spoiled by the RE I guess. I also had my blood draw for Panorama yesterday.

Which brings me to anxiety. Anxiety has reached an all time high this week. I don't know if it's from having to go so long without an u/s, the declining symptoms as I get closer to 2nd Tri, or seeing girls still posting about their loses here. Probably a combo of all those things. I'm just so paranoid that something is going to go wrong. I keep reassuring myself that at every appt so far the baby has grown appropriately with a strong HB, but it's hard not to worry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    8 weeks today!

Had my first OB appointment today!  Got to hear our little blips heartbeat again,  this time I got some video so I can listen to it when my anxiety kicks in!

Symptoms wise, just feeling really tired and still dealing with MS quite a bit.    I feel like I could sleep for a year and wake up tired!   Also,  my boobs were ON FIRE this afternoon.   I got home, released them from their bra prison, and I swear they were two different shapes all together.  One was in torpedo mode while the other seemed to be having a hostile take over of my entire chest and my arm pit.  My husband was oh so sad he missed the boobage. :)

QOTW:  Right now I am just trying to adjust my thinking from an infertile mindset to a fertile mindset.   I walked in to the OB like a regular girl.   Older,  chubbier, and perhaps just a bit more aware of how precious this experience is then some,  but a regular girl nonetheless.    I don't really have an answer for the anxiety,  but I am really falling in love with this little person so I am going to cherish as many moments as I can (the baby will just have to forgive me for not cherishing vomiting on my shoes!).  :)

I came out to my staff yesterday,  with the mount of morning sickness I have had everyone was buzzing and I felt the need to take control back.   It may also have been an act of defiance in some way.    I have faith in you, little blip.   I fully plan on going the distance with you!   :)

Displaying photo 2.JPG

image"">
    TTC since 2012
    Me 35, DH 32 -DH SA all clear
    8/97 severe perotinitis infection as a result of ruptured appendix. poss abdomen/tube scarring
    1/12 HSG all clear!
    2/12 Multiple fibroids diagnosed,  2 submucosal
    3/14 Hashimoto diagnosed, began treatment
    3/14 first RE appointment
    5/14 successful lapriscopic myomectomy via power morcellation
    as of 7/14.....not so patiently waiting
    poss IUI/IVF fall 2014
      BIG Surprise BFP Aug 2014!

• Options
    I'm 8 weeks and 3 days along. We go Thursday for my first ultrasound and a meeting with the infertility doctor. Provided all is good, I will be released back to my regular doc. As for symptoms, I have been nauseous off and on, but really just need to eat something like crackers to kick it. I have has sore and huge boobs since my positive test. Tons of bloat. I have been living in maxi skirts, but just ordered a pair of maternity skinnys for work. It's officially my first piece of maternity clothing. I just can't justify larger pants if I won't be able to wear them long.
  • Options
    pblge -- can you add a '0' to my sn?  Sorry I missed this, I usually look for the notification lol.

@snedge -- whew, I would ball if that happened...so glad things are still looking great!!

My lord am I sleepy...I seriously feel like I could sleep every other hour...or just all day long.  I want dinner at 4 and I want to go to bed at 8.  Has pregnancy turned me into a senior citizen!?! LOL  Other than being sleepy, I've been feeling good.  I get nauseous if I have an empty stomach, but other than that I've been ok.  Some spurts of terrible heartburn, but my OB gave me some med options, so I feel better about controling that.

Tuesday was my first appt. with my OB, and it will be the last time I see our LO until 18 weeks probably!!  AGH!!!!  That stressed me OUTTTT.  DH and I are electing not to do the screening, so that means we opt out of our 12-14 week NT scan.  I will go in around 13-14 weeks, but they won't be doing an u/s.  We DID get to hear the heartbeat this time though, and that was great!! 

Tuesday made my anxiety go down quite a bit.  I'm feeling really good.  Both my RE and OB feel I have nothing worry about, and I'm trying like hell to just believe and go with it.

ME - 31, DH - 40

Married 06/25/2011, TTC since 03/2012

BFP #1 on 11/13/12 -- EDD 7/24/13 -- M/C (CP) on 11/21/12

BFP #2 on  7/21/13 -- EDD 3/29/14 -- M/C (CP) on 7/31/13

09/4/13 - 4/16/14 -- IUI #1 - 6 = BFNs :(

7/13/14 -- IVF #1 w/ ICSI

ER on 7/26/14 -- 20 R, 15 M, 11 F

ET on 7/31/14 -- 1 transferred (4bb); 8 frosties!!!

BFP #3 on 8/8/14 -- EDD 04/18/15

BETA #1:  473,  BETA #2: 1009, BETA #3: 1975

** It's a BOY!!! **

image    image 

• Options
    Hi! 9w4d today. Found the hb last week on the doppler and I'm holding back from trying on a regular basis.

Next appt is the NT scan on 10/6. I also have a ob appt the next day.

My anxiety has been ok because I feel gross a lot and pee all the time.

We also booked a babymoon! Going to Aruba in November!!

*** BFPs and Loss Mentioned ***

TTC since 08/2012

BFP 12/28/12-- EDD 9/19/13-- M/C (d&c) on 1/31/13

7/15/14 -- IVF #1

ER on 7/26/14 -- 15 R, 8F

ET on 7/31/14 -- 1 transferred (4aa); 4 frosties!!!

BFP 8/5/14-- EDD 4/18/15

Beta #1 (14dpo):  223, Beta #2 (17dpo): 898

First u/s -- 8/28/14= 1 beautiful baby with a hb of 131

10/25/14- It's a GIRL!

11/24/14- DX with Complete Placenta Previa (Stage IV)

1/12/15- Placenta Previa has moved to Marginal!! (Stage II)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    *** Lurking*** 

I am so glad to see this check in has become a trend! I suggested it in the Dec BMB before my CP but I dont think it caught on until 2015 BMBs 

Congratulations to all the grads here!! Best wishes and a H&H 9! 

I hope you remember me even though my name and avatar are different. (jaztaz1)
    :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    Hi all,

I've got my 10week scan with my regular OB on Friday this week (not the fertility doc, yay!  though I'm still not technically "released" from him).  I can't wait.

My anxiety is up and down.  The biggest thing making my anxiety go UP is that I generally don't have many symptoms.  Even when they hit, it's pretty mild.  I have occasional waves of nausea (but not every day) and generally feeling fatigued, but again nothing terrible. I also have occasional pinching/twinge-ing cramps.   My biggest concern is still that something could be wrong but the high levels of progesterone I'm on is masking it.  I just hope that I'll feel less anxiety once I hit the 12 week mark.  

• Options
    As the 12 week mark slowly approaches, I find myself having much more anxiety. I think all the m/c posts on here are impacting me greatly. I still have symptoms, but I can feel them fading.
  • Options
    @junebug629 -Good luck Thursday! Hope you get to graduate.

@fjt908 - Congratulations on the great ultrasound! I'm considered high risk, so I'll be seeing my OB every two weeks for the time being. I have no idea how other ladies go MONTHS without a a check-in on their little one. I do recognize that women used (and still do) go the whole pregnancy without seeing or hearing that little heartbeat, but it's so scary!

@jszy10 - Sorry about your '0'! Glad your ultrasound went okay, but yikes about the length until your next visit! Can I asked why you decided against the NT scan? Just curious. :)

@jlb902 - Wow for Aruba! Sounds amazing! Hope you get a good bump pic in that bikini!

@jaztastic - Hello, gorgeous! Good to see you, thanks for the shout out! I can't believe you're almost half done!

@jmhansen11 - Good luck at your appt! I know what you mean about few symptoms. Most of the time I feel like this could all be in my head.

@acrotzer - ((hugs)) Sorry for the anxiety. Hopefully you'll feel better when you're fully in the second tri.

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    @acrotzer I hear you on the miscarriage posts. They are all breaking my heart. My anxiety is pretty high. I am so in love with this baby already and I will be so heartbroken if we lose him/her. Having lost Baby B already I don't think I can take it.

We had our 9w2d appointment on Monday and saw/heard a healthy heart beat of 174. Baby was wiggling around on the ultrasound and is really looking like a baby. I have graduated to my OB but have yet to set up my next appointment. I sure hope everything goes well. 12 weeks seems so so far away. :(

T&P to all of you and your babies.
  • Options
    acrotzer said:

As the 12 week mark slowly approaches, I find myself having much more anxiety. I think all the m/c posts on here are impacting me greatly. I still have symptoms, but I can feel them fading.

I feel the same way. It seems there's a new, heartbreaking post everyday, and every lady was further along than me - which is horribly frightening.

*** Ticker Warning ***

2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The miscarriage posts are terrifying! And of course not all of the losses get posted. This group has had quite a few losses, especially if you count vanishing twins. :(

In addition to the reassurances above, we also have to remind ourselves that TB is not reflective of a typical population of pregnant women. Women on these boards are much more likely to have problems compared to the women who sail through their reproductive years without needing to seek support with problems.

The scary part for me is that there are a whole set of other causes for loss beyond the first trimester ones with which I'm familiar. This is the furthest along I've ever been, so I'm now debating how much to read about PPROM, incompetent cervixes, infections, and the other horrors that can strike in second trimester. Maybe this isn't helpful......... All these things are very rare!!!

• Options
    Can I just tell you ladies how much your honesty here is making me feel better?

I haven't opened a single MC post.  I can't bring myself to do it.  I tear up every time I see a new thread started.  

The heartbeat video helps.   Thinking about getting one of the doppler devices too... but I know its still early!

image"">
    TTC since 2012
    Me 35, DH 32 -DH SA all clear
    8/97 severe perotinitis infection as a result of ruptured appendix. poss abdomen/tube scarring
    1/12 HSG all clear!
    2/12 Multiple fibroids diagnosed,  2 submucosal
    3/14 Hashimoto diagnosed, began treatment
    3/14 first RE appointment
    5/14 successful lapriscopic myomectomy via power morcellation
    as of 7/14.....not so patiently waiting
    poss IUI/IVF fall 2014
      BIG Surprise BFP Aug 2014!

• Options
    pblge -- Honestly, it wouldn't change our mind I don't think...and I think I'm just over all the testing.  I also think having a sister that is mentally and physically handicapped plays into it a little.  I'd rather not know, and DH agrees.

ME - 31, DH - 40

Married 06/25/2011, TTC since 03/2012

BFP #1 on 11/13/12 -- EDD 7/24/13 -- M/C (CP) on 11/21/12

BFP #2 on  7/21/13 -- EDD 3/29/14 -- M/C (CP) on 7/31/13

09/4/13 - 4/16/14 -- IUI #1 - 6 = BFNs :(

7/13/14 -- IVF #1 w/ ICSI

ER on 7/26/14 -- 20 R, 15 M, 11 F

ET on 7/31/14 -- 1 transferred (4bb); 8 frosties!!!

BFP #3 on 8/8/14 -- EDD 04/18/15

BETA #1:  473,  BETA #2: 1009, BETA #3: 1975

** It's a BOY!!! **

image    image 

• Options
    New this week:  My first full week of no shots or suppositories.  Yeah!  Last week's post showed my anxiety about stopping.  This was relieved by (1) reassurance from my RE nurse that I emailed and (2) great ultrasound at the OB office on Tuesday.  

QOTW:  See above.  Also, my OB gave me the option of coming back in 2 or 4 weeks.  I chose 2 and get to have another ultrasound.  Honestly, see my little baby kicking and hearing the heartbeat is the best way to keep me calm.  I also got good news (to me) that my OB monitors IVF pregnancies closer and wants an ultrasound every 4 weeks.  I told my husband that I like this benefit of being an IVFer.

• Options
    The m/c posts make me wonder if I'm next but I also try to tell myself the docs don't seem worried. My new OB is awesome and said if I'm ever nervous I can come in and hear the heartbeat. That made me feel better. Though, I may just spend the money and buy a Doppler!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi... do you all mind if I join in?  My due date is 4/1/15, and we've got one little bean.  I'm 12w1d today!  We had a small (brown) spotting episode last week, which made me panic.  Thankfully, my OB was willing to see me, even though he didn't think it was anything to worry about.  We were able to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler, though... 170 beautiful beats per minute!

QOTW:  I'm an anxious mess.  I can't shut it off.  This was a surprise BFP on an unmedicated cycle, so I occasionally get caught up in the whole idea of not "deserving" this baby and miscarrying.  I'm terrified of the idea of a missed miscarriage.  Really, my poor husband deserves a damn medal for putting up with the amount of crazy that I can come up with.

image     image

Me (34): MTHFR, PCOS, Endo, left salpingectomy due to hydrosalpinx, 
    hypothyroidism, low AMH (0.26)/normal FSH/average AFC of 12

Him (33): No known issues

November 2013-March 2014: Natural cycles
    April 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
    May 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
    July 2014:  IVF class -- Check!
    Holy crap.  Unmedicated BFP 7.22.14.  EDD 4.01.15.
    Best April Fool's Day ever!
    Now on Lovenox, prenatals, Vitamin D,
    Folic Acid, and Synthroid.
    Please be our take home baby.

• Options
    Hi ladies. Not much new to report with me. I have my 2nd ultrasound next Friday, which will be almost 10 weeks. I'm nervous but hopeful and excited! My symptoms come and go but are probably fairly mild compared to what many describe. Occasional nausea, heartburn, sore breasts. Biggest issue is probably exhaustion! I am having a number of food aversions though and eating far more carbs than I ever previously did!

QOTW: My anxiety is not too bad (I'm a fairly calm person by nature) but of course I AM nervous that everything is going okay and on track. I'll be done my progesterone in 2 days which makes me nervous but my clinic says it's perfectly fine to stop (end of week 8). I have been going to Restorative Yoga which has been a relaxing, stress relief.

Me: 37 | DH: 41
    TTC Since 2011 DX: Unexplained 
    IUI's #1 - 3 = BFN
    IVF August 2014: FSH 4.1, PRL 15.3, TSH 2.1, W/ AFC 8.
     08/03 ER 5R, 4M, 3F. 08/08 5DT of 1-3AA0, 2 frozen :) bfp @9dp5dt. Beta on 08/20 = 414.
    So excited to have one little bean on the way!!

• Options
    Hi all!!! Finally off the endometrium and estrace. Felt good to be able to stop....and have nothing happen!!! I was a bit worried about spotting or something like that.

I chose to go with a family doc who delivers babies rather than an OB despite being "higher risk". I just felt it was a better call....anyone else not going the OB route?

QOTW: feel the same way re: m/c posts!!! They drive my anxiety way up. Counting the days until 12 weeks next week when I can breather easier AND start telling everyone!!!!
  • Options
    I know I didn't write a lot, but I lurked a lot. I just had my first ultrasound today, but they didn't hear a heartbeat. I was 8 weeks and 5 days and am in shock. My husband and I felt like we were in a movie and still are. The worst is yet to come, the passing of it. I think that is the worst, that i have not had any signs of it coming! This was our second ivf cycle and first positive pregnancy. But, I now realize this is more common then I knew. So, I guess it is bye for now. I hope I am back after the holidays. Good luck to all! Thinking of you all!
  • Options
    @JuneBug629 I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Nobody should have to deal with this kind of pain but after all of the time, love, energy and money this group has put into TTC it seems even more unfair. Healing thoughts and prayers headed your way. :(
  • Options
    @JuneBug629 - I'm so sorry. ((hugs))

*** Ticker Warning ***

2014 summary (to date):

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JuneBug629 - I'm so very sorry for your heartbreaking loss. ((hugs)) Miscarriage after IVF should be against the laws of the universe. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

• Options
    I know I didn't write a lot, but I lurked a lot. I just had my first ultrasound today, but they didn't hear a heartbeat. I was 8 weeks and 5 days and am in shock. My husband and I felt like we were in a movie and still are. The worst is yet to come, the passing of it. I think that is the worst, that i have not had any signs of it coming! This was our second ivf cycle and first positive pregnancy. But, I now realize this is more common then I knew. So, I guess it is bye for now. I hope I am back after the holidays. Good luck to all! Thinking of you all!
    Thinking of you.  So sorry for your loss. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"