Single Parents

single mom check in

2»

Re: single mom check in

• Hi ladies- sounds like we're in good company of some strong mamas here. My story is that I had recently moved to a new city (but back closer to where my family is) and was enjoying dating and.... oops. I was 35 at the time though (now 36) and always wanted a family, so after the initial shock wore off (which took a little while) I became really excited. Of course the timing and circumstances aren't really what I was envisioning but I have to believe everything happens for a reason! BD knows and we've seen eachother a few times since, but I really don't know how involved he's going to be when the time comes. He's not really someone I see myself in a relationship with but I'm hoping he'll be around for LO's sake (IF he will be a positive influence). I'm going into it with low expectations though and admittedly kind of freaking out how I'm going to do this alone (logistically, financially, etc.). I'm due right after Thanksgiving and can't believe how quickly time has passed and feel like I still have SO MUCH to do before LO comes. Including move to a new apartment in a few weeks.. good times! Anyway nice to meet you all. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ejpetey‌ hi, I can relate to your situation, it's overwhelming to think about everything that is gonna come along with being a single parent. I'm used to taking care of myself and not needing any help, so the thought of needing help has been uncomfortable. It's a pride thing, but the bottom line is my loved ones have my back if I need it. I just have to keep reminding myself of that when I start to freak out :)
  • Hello Everyone, I am JoJoPlus2. I have an amazing 13 year old son and another little man due in February 2015. I love being a single mom, although it can be challenging at times. I currently live in NH and moved back here from Florida in August after leaving an emotionally and almost physically abusive relationship.

My older son's father and I split when he was 4 years old. It was a really bad situation for all of us and was the best decision for us as a family. Since my son's father and I never agreed on anything regarding our son and I was in an unstable relationship at the time, we decided to give guardianship of our son to his paternal grandparents and since that time, he and I have been able to regain a friendship and get along. My son currently resides in Florida with his grandparents and I miss him terribly right now.

My soon-to-be son's father and I didn't know each other very long and our "romance" was very quick. We met, and clicked. He had a serious car accident and was in ICU for a month not long after that. I was there through it all, everyday. I met his family in the hospital, they were so awesome and reminded me so much of my own and it felt awesome since I was so far from mine. Fast forward three months. Everything started to come to light. I found out after we had moved in together that he was diagnosed with SchizoAffective Disorder and had decided that his medications were not good for him so he stopped taking them. I found out I was pregnant a few days after that. He was hearing voices, which I think I dealt with pretty well as he was always willing to see the doctor and doing whatever they said. But one day that stopped. The voices told him to kill me but he told them he couldn't because I was pregnant (thank goodness for my baby!). I ended up having to call the police for a welfare check on him after he pushed me out of his way onto our bed. He had never raised his voice never mind his hand until then and I knew he needed help. Well, we BOTH got arrested as he told the cops I pushed him as well. After that, it was really over. He couldn't handle that though. When I moved in with my son's paternal grandparents while the charges were sorted out (dropped, thankfully) he became a nightmare. Constantly calling, texting, yelling. Telling me that he was going to take our child away from me, what ever he could to try to hurt me. I reported him to the sheriff and also changed my number. Then he found my son's grandparents house number and started harassing them. I decided then that I would be moving back to NH. The day he found out I left and moved out of state, he threatened to go after my older son. (Sheriff was notified and they handled that and he has left them alone since, I hope anyway). 

Brings me to today. I am 17 weeks along and so excited to bring this new life into the world. Granted I still worry that my ex will find me and hurt me or the baby, I am so glad to be surrounded by my friends and family who have been completely supportive!! Hope to get to know you all!!!
    Joelene (33)
    Momma to Dominic-Michael Lee (05/25/2001)Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Expecting David Matthew Charles (02/23/2015)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Holy shit.  Congrats on getting out of that relationship, and sorry for the bullshit you went through to get to this point.  Welcome to the board!  I hope that guy starts taking his meds... 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @JoJoPlus2 So glad you got out of that relationship and moved states away from him for the sake of yourself and your LO.

Welcome to the board :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you both :) I look forward to being here
    Joelene (33)
    Momma to Dominic-Michael Lee (05/25/2001)Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Expecting David Matthew Charles (02/23/2015)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"