March 2015 Moms
Options

Baby names

2»

Re: Baby names

• Options
    For a boy we like Gavin Joseph or Connor Joseph for a girl we have no idea yet
  • Options
    Right now I love Adelaide for a girl and Cole for a boy. It's so early though, I'm sure those will change!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Julieed32 said:

I'm not certain if we will ever be able to pick out names! Our first puppy was just named "Baby" because we couldn't decide on a name.

Haha, my first puppy is still named Puppy! (And she's about 5! ;) )

I can't bring myself to come up with names yet! I keep seeing some I like, and might start writing some down, but for the most part there's been no real discussion! Although my husband did say he likes the name Arya (We've been watching a lot of Game of Thrones, lol!) ... I'm not a fan because it's too close to Aryan nation.

Update: Thanks to this post, this has been on my mind all day so I got a couple of baby name books at half price books, lol! 200k+ names to work through now!
  • Options
    I know more what I will lot name my child... However- if by some magical happening I have twin boys the will be Fred and George. Boom.
    This. Is. Awesome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September Siggy Challenge- You had one job

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love thinking about names. We have a few favorites from when we were naming our daughter but being only 5 weeks pregnant makes it hard to consider anything too seriously. Our daughter is Reese Elizabeth but I don't think you have to have names that go with one another. A few girl names I love are Caroline, Tate, jane, Paige, Blythe (family name) and Liv (but I think this one is over used because of Olivia). For boys, my husband loves Thomas, I like this too but hate "Tommy" and am afraid he would end up with this nickname - I do like Tom. I like the names William, Ben, Finn, jake, James, Graham (family name) and Nolan too.
  • Options

You asked, so despite my only critique on the bnb rule, I will do so here...but I think you should post these on the bnb if you want many honest opinions.

Boys:
    Declan - nice
    Emerson - I'm glad to see this for a boy, where it belongs, but it is NMS
    Beckett - horribly preppy, Last name
    Dawson - see beckett
    Lennon - see Beckett and dawson
    Elliot - This one is the best on your list

Girls:
    Alaina - I dislike the spelling
    Brielle - this is horrid and made up
    Adelaide - not bad, but NMS
    Kenna - same
    Evalynne - why not spell this correctly??? Evelyn is beautiful.
    Layla - overdone
    Audrie - why not spell this correctly??? Audrey us beautiful
    Sutton - this is a last name and is awful for a girl
    Julianna - ok but NMS
    Emery - no
    Braylin - made up, trendy, awful
    Adilyn - why not spell this correctly?
    Lennon - this is a last name and awful in a girl

I'd go with Elliot for a boy and Audrey or Evelyn for a girl. I don't get your misspellings, it just makes the parents look unintelligent and sets the kid up to spell their name and correct people their whole life.

All of this. Especially Audrie and Evalynne. Evelyn. Audrey. Those are the correct spellings. I fucking hate when people drop or add letters to make it "unique." It's not unique. Names aren't the place to express your free spirit.
  • Options
    Question: if you saw the name Lena, how would you pronounce it? Just wondering if it would end up getting confused and misspelled all the time.
  • Options
    We have finally decided I think.

If its a girl, her name will be Evelyn René (fiancée had to get his name in there still)

If its a boy, his name will be René after his Dad but we haven't come up with a middle name yet
  • Options
    We have one girl name on our list but that is all so far!
  • Options
    Ok I'm a bit baffled...how are there people in this group that are only 5 wks pregnant? Looks like there are lots apparently- according to the comments in here. If you're 5 wks are you not giving birth in may? (Not march?).
  • Options
    dani727 said:

Ok I'm a bit baffled...how are there people in this group that are only 5 wks pregnant? Looks like there are lots apparently- according to the comments in here. If you're 5 wks are you not giving birth in may? (Not march?).

This is a VERY old thread. If you look at the dates a lot of them were posted in July.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    image image
  • Options
    dani727 said:

This is a very old thread from July that got bumped up.
  • Options
    I have names in the back of my mind, but not going to really think about it until a bit later.  Probably after the anatomy scan...that way I can focus on which way to go.  
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options

kmvisioli said:

Question: if you saw the name Lena, how would you pronounce it? Just wondering if it would end up getting confused and misspelled all the time.

Lee nuh
    This. I really like the name and the spelling. Is this how you'd be pronouncing it?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    We might have finally come to a consensus with the names...at least for now lol. The middle names were easy we are going with grandparents middle names. My grandmother has passed and so has his grandfather so that will determine the middle name as for first names if it's a girl we are probably going with Avery Ellen and for a boy were going with Jace James
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Options
    @JenLa21‌ Yes, that was the pronunciation I was hoping most people would think :) I really like the name - not common, but not super weird. It's on the list, but not my #1 pick for now.
  • Options
    Sorry, ladies! I guess I bumped this thread up. I had a name question and thought I did it right by searching "baby names" rather than start a whole new thread. Is there an "official" baby name board for our group that I should have used instead?
  • Options
    Since you asked.. @jessmock

Boys:
    Declan -love
    Emerson -it's used too much for girls for me to like if for a boy
    Beckett - like
    Dawson -dislike
    Lennon -love
    Elliot -love

Girls:
    Alaina -like
    Brielle - hate hate hate
    Adelaide -love
    Kenna -undecided
    Evalynne -dislike
    Layla -love
    Audrie -I love Audrey but the "ie" looks weird
    Sutton -on my boy's list.. hate for a girl
    Julianna -love
    Emery -love
    Braylin -I couldn't hate this name more
    Adilyn -WTH is this?
    Lennon -god no.
    I mostly agree here! Love Beckett, Declan, and Elliot the most out of your boy names, and I love Adelaide, Audrey(not ie), and I actually really like Sutton for girls.  I can't think of Sutton as a boy's name because of Sutton Foster.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Options
    Boy name is Rowan Sebastian, girl name is Everley Adelaide. We also tossed around Rosalie and almost went that way, but we just feel like that isn't this baby's name.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Options
    @estamos_tomamos‌ Ah, I see where I got confused. This has the same name but is a thread rather than a separate board. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"