March 2015 Moms
Options

Worst name EVER!

13»

Re: Worst name EVER!

• Options

My 6th grade teacher had two girls- one named LaDreama and the other was La-a...(LaDasha).

Also knew a girl named Xochitl (pronounced So-Shee)...

This is a real name. It was the name of an Aztec princess.
    Yes it is! I'm Mexican and I know like 3 Xochitl's. I love that name. I've always loved those unique Hispanic names
  • Options
    galenkahlylgalenkahlyl member
    edited September 2014
    MalVough said:

I have a nephew named Wybie... from the movie Coraline.

It's just weird. He's 4 and it's still weird.

At least it's not short for "why born" like Wybie in Coraline! Yikes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My 6th grade teacher had two girls- one named LaDreama and the other was La-a...(LaDasha).

This has already been covered but it's a pet peeve of mine; La-a is an urban myth you can look it up. I call bs that you've ever met a child with this name
    I promise! She worked at easthaven baptist in Houston for one year, and always brought her two girls to out classroom during the day.

It could have been spelled LaDasha but it definitely was her name. And LaDreama was her sister. I think their last name was Williams (generic) but I can't remember the teachers first name.
  • Options

This has already been covered but it's a pet peeve of mine; La-a is an urban myth you can look it up. I call bs that you've ever met a child with this name
    I promise! She worked at easthaven baptist in Houston for one year, and always brought her two girls to out classroom during the day.

It could have been spelled LaDasha but it definitely was her name. And LaDreama was her sister. I think their last name was Williams (generic) but I can't remember the teachers first name.
    Maybe people liked the myth so much that they are actually naming their children this? Lol I believe you and didn't mean to come off snobby or calling you a liar. I really think that may be the case (people liking the myth and making it real) I do have a friend named dreama
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    I know of a child named My-D (pronounced mighty). Seriously, what do people think when giving children these names?

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• Options
    My husband and I joke that if we have a boy, we will name him Eye-zik (pronounced like Isaac). Just to be "cool" and "unique" and assure that he will never be taken seriously, ever.

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• Options
    ruemorganruemorgan member
    edited September 2014
    Ugh I see some awful names as a teacher but that's pretty awful!

I once had a little girl in my class name Me'kehyla, she had two brothers named Me'laiyka and Me'leieka and a sister named Me'laehnah. Yeah. How could you keep your kids straight...and just why!?
  • Options
    My SIL worked as teacher and each summer before her class began, we would look at her student list and try to pronounce each name. She always had some crazy names, but a few that stuck out:

Two-Star
    Dazzle
    Sparkle
    SEXILINGUA ... sexilingua's brother was Mylove. 

Those poor children.
  • Options
    My least favorite name is Christmas. I know two people at work with that name. It's so Awww-ish. Don't know any Hannukahs, but I do know an Annikah and don't like that either.

When I think Pepper, I think of Pepper Potts. Gwenyth. Iron Man. It's not my least favorite. I can't picture an Apple or a Blue Ivy leading a board meeting, though. Those kids are going to have to go into the entertainment industry or into culinary arts.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I live down the block from a girl named Kassadilla :-?
  • Options
    Haha I love the Boondocks. I loved when he took her to Red Lobster lol.
  • Options
    I know someone who named their daughter Zelda Guinevere. She's 3 now & I still haven't gotten over it.
  • Options
    Girl that works at the bank I go to and her husband are really into super hero names...she is pregnant now and having a girl and plan to name her Linda Carter and their sons name is Bruce Wayne....why? I also absolutely hate the name Nevaeh, just no!! Another girl I know that just had a baby named him Zayden...which has actually been on a few lists that I have seen, I think it's awful! STOP GIVING YOUR CHILD AWFUL NAMES.

Does anyone know if their is a law against naming your child obscenities? Like what if someone wants to name their child "fuck you" or "shit head" or "bitch face" hahaha idk is that allowed?
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Options

TikTak said:

kelseypie said:

I can't believe nobody has sworn up and down that they know someone who named their kids lemonjello and orangejello or female, or some of the other urban legends. Well done, ladies.

I have a few from my FB.

Xzavier.
    Everleigh.
    Jaxson.
    Brodix
    Cash

I'm surprised by how many people claim to know a Shithead. By the count here, you'd think Shitheads were running around all over the place!
    I totes know a shithead and a La-dasha I swearsys
    Many of my friends are teachers and have been subs. My favorite was also La-A (ladasha), actually spelled that way.
  • Options
    New parents by us in Kentucky named their son Duramax Diesel...no joke. And yes, that's the new engine by GMC! That poor kid has no chance.
  • Options

My husband is a teacher, he had a student named Specialty Bras (this was a very smart girl who he thought a lot of), a Lilwayne, lots of names with Queen added like Shaqueen/Laqueen, there's a lot more but I can't remember.

This made me laugh. My maiden name rhymed with bra and we would talk about how awful it would have been if our parents got "creative" and named us Sports, Push-up, or Training.
  • Options
    drudolph11drudolph11 member
    edited September 2014
    Oh yea a customer at a restaurant where I used to work was named Purrell..Like
    the soap. We figured his parents couldn't think of a name and looked at container of soap and was like...yup that's the name!!

I also knew someone who named her daughter Aryan. She even topped it off by having a tattoo on the back of her neck with that name inside 2 swastikas...classy!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I remember a couple who was taken to court over their son's name. It was something that meant god or Jesus and a judge ordered his name changed to so etching generic. Hang on....

Ok baby's name was messiah, a magistrate changed it to Martin. The ruling was later overturned and she was fired. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2551836/Judge-ordered-parents-change-babys-Messiah-Martin-fired.html
  • Options
    I'm a teacher as well, and we have quite a few interesting ones.

Williepau.leone
    Queenpaulshe.ala
    I am Ble.ssing
    (Literally, her first name is I am, middle name blessing)
    My'Ang.el

And the middle names of a few of these kids are even worse.
    Just to name a few.
    Engaged April 5, 2013
    Married August 16, 2014
    imageimage
  • Options
    My hubby's friend's wife is named RobotDanceParty. I'm not kidding! :-?
  • Options
    Some of these are unreal... I had a little old lady penpal through my church when I was a kid and her name was Iona Carr. I didn't get it until my parents pointed it out. And in high school, there was a big family whose last name was Knoff (K not silent). One of the son's names was Jack... Jack Knoff. I mean, seriously? Do people not sound the whole thing out before they make it official? A perfectly normal first name, plus a perfectly normal last name, does not always equal a perfectly normal complete name!

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
    Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
    4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    lunu28 said:

My hubby's friend's wife is named RobotDanceParty. I'm not kidding! :-?

This can not be real!!!! hahaha how?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My thoughts exactly! I still have a hard time believing that's her name.
  • Options
    WAMOM said:

Ok this thread keeps getting bumped so I will add the worst sibset (all boys) I've ever seen. Horrible all of them. I went to high school with this girl. Names have periods for search purposes:

Tan.sen 
    Wy.sen
    Ace.sen
    Ely.isen
    Dray.sen 
     Zax.sen

Why do people hate their children so much?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    My sister is a school teacher ( 6th grade) in a very ghetto area and she has seen a lot of names that she is just baffled by some of the names she has seen come through and has legitimately had a La-A ( i also wondered if parents have started nameing their kids after the urban myth as well cause that is a seriously weird one) and this year as they were going though names one of her students names is MissShandrea. Yeah i'm not kidding. One word and thats her first name. another students name is R'on and is pronounced ramon.

She actually now spends the first day of classes having the kids say their names and favorite colors or else she has no idea how to spell them!
  • Options
    Not nearly as ridiculous as most of these (do people truly believe these are "good" names?!), but I knew a family with three kids: Chandler, Jordan, and Ryan. All girls.
  • Options
    I went to school with a Te'a which I thought was neat because her family was Samoan or something. I also knew a complete beast named Chrystalle (crystal). There was a J'Amica and J'Kenya who weren't related but then became step sisters or something? I can't remember but I can pull out my yearbook for proof, lol. I'll have to think or maybe go lurk on my HS FB page to find some other good ones.
  • Options
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2859347/Mall-Santa-fired-refusing-pose-picture-seven-year-old-autistic-girl-service-dog-Pup-Cake.html

Okay, sorry to raise a zombie post, but I saw this article featuring a little girl named "Abcde". It's not an urban legend!

• Options

Whitfry said:

A friend of mine posted this photo she took when she dropped her son off at daycare.

Talon?!?

I've come across Staycee and most recently Sharkeesha. Y'know...like Sharknado with girly twist.

I know someone having twins and naming them Talon and Tenlee. I was unaware that these were names. I'm picturing bird claws... 10 of them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"