March 2015 Moms
Options

Worst name EVER!

So I was randomly reading this article and the name just ...Wow!

Knatalye? Why couldn't you just spell it Natalie.... 
Anyone else run into some questionable names lately?

https://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/texas-news/2014/09/03/hope-faith-conjoined-twins-texas-childrens-hospital/15008341/

Re: Worst name EVER!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work at an elementary school, I see all kinds of off the wall names. It never gets old!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

A friend of mine recently named her baby girl Bayeleigh, pronounced Bailey. No clue why she chose that spelling but so painful to look at!

It definitely doesn't beat Knatalye though! YIKES

• Options
    Random, but @katydid2014, I love your dog! I chuckle every time I see your siggy. So cute! I feel like his (her?) name should be Fergus. Is it Fergus?? :)

• Options
    Ugh. They are from my city so I get to see this name all over the local news. Awful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @lewispm lol  Not quite, her name is Belle.  She definitely has bed head in that pic and her tongue always sticks out because she has no teeth left (almost 14 years old).  She is our pitiful princess.
    I love her.

• Options
    I work in auto claims so I see all kinds of good ones. Today I had a claim on a woman named Special. Yep, that's her legal first name.... :-q
  • Options
    A girl I know named her daughter Clover. Not a weird spelling but just an awful awful name, can you imagine introducing yourself as an adult "hi my name is clover." I just can't....
  • Options
    How about the name Fawn? I had a childhood friend with that name and I always secretly loved it. My DD wants to name this baby Beyoncé if it's a girl lol
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    FFS SMH Humanity...why.
    photo 2eaeec32-4781-4bd4-a9e0-fe86f486b516.jpg

~~~~For SuzyQ and all our loss moms~~~~

Met: 02.2007 / Engaged: 11.21.2009 / Married: 07.09.2010

EDD: 03.02.2015 / Scheduled Delivery Date: 02.25.2015

• Options
    I work with a woman who goes by the name Brownie. And she's all business too which makes it that much worse. You can't be taken seriously, in a professional setting, if your name (as an adult) is Brownie.

Other good ones from the workplace are P'Nina and Fitzroy.

It takes a village.
               for all M15 loss moms

• Options
    One of my friends just went to a baby shower for a "Korbyn"... she posted a photo of her with the mom to be and I almost commented because I was in that kind of mood. Corbin is already an interesting and not very popular name, why the need to f it up? Names with random y's kill me in general.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I literally just found out that a friend of a friend is having a girl and is naming her: Jadzia

Apparently it is the name of a character from their favorite show, Deep Space Nine. 
  • Options
    I have a nephew named Wybie... from the movie Coraline.

It's just weird. He's 4 and it's still weird.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
  • Options
    Some of these are horrid. I've had people give me grief for using a popular name, but at least I didn't spell it Uhlivihia. or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Omg I was thinking the exact same thing when I read this. Plus why would you give one child a crazy name and the other a "normal" one!?!
  • Options
    That's terrible! If you didn't write Natalie after I wouldn't have even known what the name was supposed to be. I once had a precious in a dance class. I also worked in a hospital doing newborn photos, I heard some interesting ones. Once I had a set of twins names essence divine & honor queen. I'll never forget them cause the mom brought princess crowns for them to wear too lol
  • Options
    My husband and I joke that we are going to name the baby Turboawesome Megafun. Pronounced Tur-bah-sum Mc-gaw-fun. It's not that bad in comparison to some of the real names on this thread.
  • Options
    Good lord...some of these make me smh...

A lady on FB is having a grandson, his name will be Kohl....why?!?!
    BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ugh I see some awful names as a teacher but that's pretty awful!

I once had a little girl in my class name Me'kehyla, she had two brothers named Me'laiyka and Me'leieka and a sister named Me'laehnah. Yeah. How could you keep your kids straight...and just why!?
  • Options
    molassamolassa member
    edited September 2014
    There is a preschooler where I work named Clear. I still shake my head at that one. I wonder if her parents meant to name her Claire but couldn't spell it?
    It seems like adding random Y's is the trend. Of course my kids have unique names so I'm not opposed to unusual names but I do have enough sense not to name them anything too crazy or anything spelled awkwardly.
  • Options
    I knew a woman named Princess. That was her legal name and her siblings were Valerie and Sam so completely normal names. How would you like to introduce yourself, "Hello, I'm Princess".
  • Options
    Growing up, I had neighbors Cricket and Jazz. They were sisters. I remember thinking how "cool" to have such a different name. Not so much my feelings now
  • Options
    harper3 said:

Has anyone read/watched Freakonomics? I wish people would think of their child's future. When they apply for a job and an employer only sees their resume with their 'unique' name, it will be difficult to take that individual seriously. Names matter.

This. My sister is in HR. If she can't figure out how to say a name, they don't get a call.
  • Options
    My sister had a classmate in middle school named shithead... They pronounced it shi-thead. I may never forget that name for the rest of my life.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I know a Talyn (like Talyn, but of course with an unnecessary y), whose brother is Austyn. I knew of a Cinnamin (yes, spelled incorrectly) in college, and growing up knew of a girl in the next town named Pepper. I thought it was cool in a Punky Brewster kind of way and it always reminded me of "Annie". One of the orphans was named Pepper right?
  • Options
    At the end of the day everybody has their own reasons for naming their children what they do, just because something isn't exactly your first choice doesn't mean it is a bad name or that the child will suffer in later life. Surely the problem here is not the parents or individuals with unusual names, but the judgemental people who hear them and make a decision about that person without knowing them? Never judge a book by its cover, the text inside is what really matters.
  • Options
    RQuinlin said:
    I grew up with a girl named Sequin. She ended up stripping, but seriously, what did her parents expect?
    does anyone here watch The Boondocks? All I could think of reading this was an episode from the first of second season where a... questionable... woman starts "dating" the grandfather...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"