TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

It's that time again. This is our bi-weekly check in. Feel free to let us know how life is; you can b!tch, you can moan, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want. Enjoy!

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• Options
    Hi all!

Mr. Bug has a follow-up appointment this week to retest his cholesterol levels. They were scary high on his first ever check-up and he voluntarily did a massive change to his diet. We both have been tracking what we eat and only have red meat once a week now. He's also been tracking his blood pressure, and after have borderline high levels for years, he now has levels that are perfectly normal. Yay! We both also have dropped weight because of the changes we have made. He should also find out about the ultra sound they did on his liver - he's assuming no call means everything is okay. Since this doctor has been very proactive about calling when something is wrong, I think he may be right.

I have a follow up ultrasound in another couple weeks. I'm pretty sure the cyst is still there so we shall see what the game plan is. I've been tracking the pain it causes and it is pretty much daily so I can't see the doctor doing nothing.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hi Bug. Thanks for the check-in. I'm sorry to hear you're still having pain. I'm not sure what you consider "scary high" cholesterol, but my DH gets cholesterol readings in the 200-250 range when he's not on statins. He takes a statin med now and it brought it down below 200. Any time he goes off them, though, it jumps back up. He's terrible about managing through diet, though, because he is pretty thin and exercises and so I think he feels like he should be able to eat what he wants. I try to cook healthy for the most part, but on the other end of the spectrum, I have often been encouraged to eat more red meat because I have a history of being anemic and to eat more fat in my diet because I border on low BMI. Since I'm the one who cooks in my house, it can get a little crazy trying to figure out what's best for all.

As for TTC stuff, I'm chugging along in my LP of our last cycle TTA. The plan is to do Letrozole+trigger+IUI next month. Before that happens, DH needs to do his SA next week. I also still need to have AMH and some other things tested. Just trying to get all our ducks in a row for our first treatment cycle. I've somehow managed to sneak by without an AMH test thus far because my betas took so long to drop and then I was on hormone therapy. My RE said that both of those factors can lead to an inaccurate AMH reading. So now it's on the calendar for Sept. 25. 

DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kateisoptimistic Has your DH had an SA? Does he have any known motility issues? If he does have motility issues, then if it were me, I'd be more worried about it. If he had an SA and the test results came back great, I guess I'd be less worried. But that's just me. 
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Options
    @kateisoptimistic Yes, the RE would most likely order an SA. Hopefully you can get it done sooner rather than later so your DH can make an informed decision about meds.
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Options
     I have been amazingly laid back about all of this (which is a huge accomplishment for my obsessive/control freak self), and I really have no expectations either way. I'm feeling proud of myself for this attitude. :)
    @HoldingOutHope, I'm proud of you, too! You've got enough going on even without worrying about TTC stuff. Have an awesome time in Mexico, my dear. I am jealous... I'm looking out my office window at 50 degrees and rainy.
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Hi Ladies! I just returned from a mini vaca to Atlanta. We had a lovely time at an outdoor wedding. We stayed a few extra days to check out a few local attractions such as the Georgia aquarium, an old fashion drive in movie theater and a baseball game with the Nats (our local team) against the Atlanta Braves. The Nationals won! yay!

On the TTC front, I finished my first round of Femara and I will go in on Thursday to see how I responded. Femara wasn't too bad. I think I was a bit more emotional than normal but I was able to control those feelings.

NTTCALR side note, well I think its NTTCALR. So I noticed a bruise on my abdomen on Saturday. The bruise was a dark purple/blue and was slightly larger than a quarter. Normally this wouldn't even be cause for concern. However, the bruise has increased in size and changed in color over the past several days. It does not hurt at all though. I am slightly concerned because the bruise is about 6 inches below my belly button  - basically centered directly on top of where my uterus is. I have not had any bleeding or weird discharge since AF left the bldg. I am probably over thinking the bruise but since I recently had a hysterscopy I am thinking twice about it. Also, I have absolutely no idea how I got the bruise. I do not recall ruining into anything. My plan for now is to continue monitoring the color/size of the bruise and discuss my concerns at my Thursday RE appt.

@buggirl72 - I am sending over bye bye cholesterol vibes to YH. I hope both of your hard efforts to change your diets shows in YH cholesterol tests.

@BookishMomma - I am excited for you to get off the bench because we are doing the exact same medicated IUI cycle. Femara and Letrozole are the same thing. GL getting the rest of your testing completed. I finished all my testing while I was benched due to the partial molar, which means I had over 4 months to deal with the testing.

@Kateisoptimistic - I am sorry to hear that YH is in need of a different anxiety medication. I have no advice but want to offer ((hugs)). I agree with PPs, an SA test may ease your concerns regarding sperm quality.

@HoldingOutHope - Enjoy Mexico you lucky girl!!!  I know you have a TON going on right now in your life and I am glad all of that is helping to keep your mind off the TWW. Well planned my friend!!

@jenek0213 - ::waves hello:: :-h

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
    Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
        HSG = All Clear
    BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
    BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
    May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
    05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
    June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
    May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
    08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
    Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
    Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"