September 2012 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I got up at 6 to work out and I'm sitting on the sofa checking TB and email. It's 6:20 so now instead of 40 min of "workout", I'll have 20.

And by "workout" I mean a really sad performance on the elliptical. Trust me I need 50 minutes to even burn off a pasta noodle. Wha whaaa.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Sean's birthday is tomorrow. We have no present for him. He doesn't need anything, so I doubt he will be getting anything from us. I feel bad.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm giving car seat advice at 6:30AM. Someone posted a picture of the Cosco Scenara for their kid (8ish months) and someone commented "as long as you know that seat is forward facing only". Umm, no.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I never ever wash my bras. I usually just take them off and put them back in the drawer. It's gross.
  • Options

Sean's birthday is tomorrow. We have no present for him. He doesn't need anything, so I doubt he will be getting anything from us. I feel bad.

Ethan is only getting one from us and one from Maya. He doesn't need anything either. I'm going to have to do a toy overhaul and get rid of things before December to justify Christmas toys too. Too much stuff.
  • Options

I got up at 6 to work out and I'm sitting on the sofa checking TB and email. It's 6:20 so now instead of 40 min of "workout", I'll have 20.

And by "workout" I mean a really sad performance on the elliptical. Trust me I need 50 minutes to even burn off a pasta noodle. Wha whaaa.

That's 20 more than I'm doing today. I did move a client from one apartment to another yesterday, do I'm counting that as excercise for the week.
  • Options
    Ethan is only getting one from us and one from Maya. He doesn't need anything either. I'm going to have to do a toy overhaul and get rid of things before December to justify Christmas toys too. Too much stuff.
    DD is getting a balance bike and nothing else (although I am seriously considering the ski attachment). We also need to do a pre Christmas purge.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just after I left my house this morning, I had a moment of panic when I thought I forgot my phone.  I'm embarrassed, because it took my breath away when I thought I didn't have it.  What's even more embarrassing is pretty much no one texts me during the day. 

I don't think it's wrong to not get gifts for your kids, especially when they likely have so much.  As long as you acknowledge it in some way, I don't think it's bad. 

I wash my bras WAY more often in the summer than the rest of the year. 
  • Options
    I kind of want to buy a bitty baby off zulily for DD2, I can decide if my reason to not buy has more to do with the fact that I wouldn't let her have it for a year and a half or that I feel like I need to stand in solidarity with those of you who are having issues with them...either way it's saving me $50 for now.
  • Options
    I never ever wash my bras. I usually just take them off and put them back in the drawer. It's gross.

I don't wash mine nearly enough either. Probably 1x a month.

I'm blaming my maxi dresses/skirts for making me fat over the summer. Not the consumption of too much of everything. I put on pants yesterday and holy jesus were they tight. When I wear a dress it stretches with me. I was in complete denial. Ugh!

• Options
    I have one I'm sure I'll get flamed for: we are sending one of our dogs 'on vacation' to stay with my Mom for a few weeks. 

She has been attacking the other dog and none of the trainers we like are available to come help us figure out what is going on for at least 6 more weeks. We decided it was better for everyone to get her out of the house (she's fine with adults, but doesn't like young kids) and then try to 'reset' her behavior with the trainer after everyone has had some time to mellow out.
  • Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited September 2014
    I have an interview with lib.erty mut.ual next week. I'm freaking out about the idea of the boys being in full time daycare. Im such a mess.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    There's nothing "wrong" with a party but no gifts for kids. B has so much right now I debated on getting him anything. We got him a few small things. His party is tomorrow so he'll open up the firestation tent and firetruck at his party. We got him Toy Story 1 and 2 and some Playdoh that he'll open Monday on his actual birthday.

• Options
    As much as I realize DD doesn't need anything, I still got her the Step 2 roller coaster for her bday, with the justification that she and DS can both use it together. It is partly my own fault that we have so much stuff, but I'd rather have one big toy than a bunch of little stuff I'm tripping over.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I got up at 6 to work out and I'm sitting on the sofa checking TB and email. It's 6:20 so now instead of 40 min of "workout", I'll have 20. And by "workout" I mean a really sad performance on the elliptical. Trust me I need 50 minutes to even burn off a pasta noodle. Wha whaaa.
    That's 20 more than I'm doing today. I did move a client from one apartment to another yesterday, do I'm counting that as excercise for the week.
    I was going to run last night, but I went to get a pedicure instead. Yep, priorities aligned.
    Me too. I put it off because my self eval for work is due today. I had a beer and fell asleep on the couch. No run, eval not done...I rock.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    My mother is here and it's been 3 weeks. 4 more to go. The more often she comes here and the longer I have to be around her, the less I like her.

Ok, it's a confession. I don't like her. At all. She is not bring anything positive to the table - nothing. In fact, she stresses me beyond measure, makes the kids bratty and really is rude to my husband and my friends. She made a not even 3 year old cry the other day because she can't share her grandsons with their friends.

Anyways, DH and I have come to the conclusion that she cannot come anymore. She will get the offer of 2 weeks next time and if that's not enough she can't come at all. No endless visits any more, no guilt tripping, no saying the victim endlessly. I am over it. Can't do it anymore. Done.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Pokedot said:

I don't wash mine nearly enough either. Probably 1x a month.

Add me to the guilty list.  In my younger years I had the matching bra and panty sets that were thrown in the wash after each wear.  not anymore - its' more like when they look dirty or 2x per month...

we are also not doing anything thing big for DS's birthday.  I bought him a few small gifts that he will get to open on his birthday but i consider the party part of his fun.  Hopefully he feels the same way!!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    I have an interview with lib.erty mut.ual next week. I'm freaking out about the idea of the boys being in full time daycare. Im such a mess.
    Good luck @holly_1007! I hope it's a good job offer. The boys will love daycare. Just think, they get to play all day. It will work out.

Thank you! I mean, I know they will be fine. I'm not even all that worried about keagan he loves school. I'm more worried about Colby and his naps, but he will adjust. And really, what did I think would happen when I asked my husband to leave? I know I need to get a job. *puts on big girl panties*

• Options

melody921 said:

Good luck @holly_1007! I hope it's a good job offer. The boys will love daycare. Just think, they get to play all day. It will work out.

Thank you! I mean, I know they will be fine. I'm not even all that worried about keagan he loves school. I'm more worried about Colby and his naps, but he will adjust. And really, what did I think would happen when I asked my husband to leave? I know I need to get a job. *puts on big girl panties*

Good luck Holly! You are right, Colby will adjust. I always worry so much about stuff like that and my kids consistently surprise me with how well they do and how quickly they accept change.
  • Options
    I've got everything crossed for you @holly_1007
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed, @Holly_1007‌!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have really tried to simplify the menu for DD's party tomorrow, realizing I'm in work all day today and there's only so much time. Somehow, I still think we're going to have way too much food, and I'm going to be up at midnight positioning Good n Plenty candy pieces to look like antennae on butterfly cookies. I think I am just unable to really take it easy.

• Options

My cleaning lady for today had to cancel. Her daughter woke up with the flu. Totally understand but now my night is shot. I have to finish shopping for his party food, pick up balloons, clean my bathrooms and prep food for tomorrow. It's going to be a long night. 

• Options

Also I haven't even thought about actually moving DS to a new room yet I've already bought a bed, some props for it and I'm thinking about buying his bedding. Something is wrong with me. Does anyone have PBK sheets? Thinking of these but man are the expensive for a twin. Anyone have a coupon code? Are they good quality?

Airplane Sheet Set, Twin

• Options
    Pokedot said:

Also I haven't even thought about actually moving DS to a new room yet I've already bought a bed, some props for it and I'm thinking about buying his bedding. Something is wrong with me. Does anyone have PBK sheets? Thinking of these but man are the expensive for a twin. Anyone have a coupon code? Are they good quality?

James has PBK pillow case, sham, and duvet. His sheets and other pillowcases are from Target. I do like his PBK stuff, I got it because I liked the print, but I wouldn't say it is so much better quality. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    Pokedot said:

James has PBK pillow case, sham, and duvet. His sheets and other pillowcases are from Target. I do like his PBK stuff, I got it because I liked the print, but I wouldn't say it is so much better quality. 
    This is what I was thinking. I've been scowering the interweb for airplane sheets for his bid boy bed and I can't find any I like more than these. If anyone feels the need to spend my money, shop for me! :) I saw the 200 thread count and expected better than that for $59!

• Options
    We recently got some Land of Nod sheets (because of the pattern) and they are surprisingly thick/rough.  I know they will most likely wear well, and soften with every wash, but right now the t-shirt sheets from bed bath and beyond that he has seem much more comfortable (and MUCH cheaper!)

• Options
    pharmer78 said:
    We recently got some Land of Nod sheets (because of the pattern) and they are surprisingly thick/rough.  I know they will most likely wear well, and soften with every wash, but right now the t-shirt sheets from bed bath and beyond that he has seem much more comfortable (and MUCH cheaper!)
    James has Target t-shirt sheets. They are so soft and snuggly.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited September 2014
    Keagan has jersey sheets from target. They aren't even 6 months old and coming apart at the seams. I love some of the PBK patterns but the material is very rough. He is definitely going to need new sheets soon so I need to explore some more options.

• Options
    Bookelly said:

I was employed there right out of college, and they are a fantastic company to work for! Very family-friendly, great benefits, and very into promoting from within. Good luck!

this makes me really happy, thank you!

• Options
    My mom paid for the boys to start taking swimming lessons again. Their first class is tomorrow. I really hope Keagan does better this time around. I think he has different teachers so that should help. I can't handle him dropping the F bomb in public again.

• Options
    Am I just talking to myself? Bueller?

• Options
    Nola has been throwing these awful screaming tantrums the past two days. She earned herself a timeout yesterday because she was just benign out if control and we both needed to take 2 minutes to calm down. She screamed the whole two minutes and when I went in to get her she had scratched her face in 2 places. I felt awful.

The first thing she said to me before I even prompted her was "I'm sorry!" Then I about cried. I had no idea she actually knew when to apologize. It was a break through moment for both of us.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"