Nurseries and Baby Gear

Orbit Baby System

Hi all -- Anyone experienced with the Orbit Baby System and have any thoughts? We are sort of between that and the City Select, which I know is a favorite of many moms. The two are pretty different it seems (both in the strollers themselves as well as the price), but those are the two we've narrowed in on. Any thoughts are much appreciated! 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Orbit Baby System

• I'm also looking into the orbit baby system. I don't have any advice but am in the same boat as you! From the reviews I've read it's great but I haven't used one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC 05/12
    Tubal ectopic 11/12
    IVF #1 BFP EDD: 03/06/15
  • kmc84kmc84 member
    edited September 2014
    The orbit infant seat does not fit preemies/small newborns and some average size newborns because the lowest harness hight is too high to fit properly. It's very bulky in the car. The toddler car seat is outgrown insanely early rearfacing and forward facing.

The idea is neat, but for the price of the system, there are many FAR better, and longer lasting choices.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Loading the player...
  • Like PP said they aren't really great for smaller babies. Also they are VERY bulky and rather heavy. Also beacuse of the unusual shape the orbit is really awkward to use at restraunts and do not fit in the infant carrier sling offered at many restraunts. IMPO they aren't worth the hype at all! I would get a different infant car seat and stick with the city select.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• City Select.  The Orbit is overpriced, bulky and heavy and doesn't fit newborns well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Friend had the Orbit (3 years ago) and LOVED it. Once her daughter outgrew the infant seat though, they quickly switched to a jogging stroller (which she still uses along with an umbrella stroller, but not the Orbit). Would personally go with the City Select out of these two choices (less expensive, usefulness will last a lot longer and can splurge on the better tires & am echoing the infant seat concerns. The rotation of the seat & soft handle were features that sold my friend, along with the bassinet). I have the City Mini GT and it is almost perfect.

If you go with the Orbit, and are using it restaurants, the infant car seat in the stroller is the best & safest bet over the restaurant slings / child seats.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks all...we did end up straying away. Loved a lot of the features but once I found out the stroller seat couldn't click into the car, didn't seem to make sense for the overall expense. Felt like i was sort of sold on the system idea thinking that each seat could transfer from base to car. I know you can get the car seat that transfers from base to car but it is so big and clunky! Thanks everyone! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"