April 2015 Moms

Seriously?! Some people...

So the select few that I decided to tell about baby number two so far "was this one planned?"
Were YOU planned???!
Ever thought that maybe some people decide to want their children closer in age rather than several years apart?
Oh and then "oh man- you are seriously going to have your hands full" thanks for stating the obvious ass face. That's my rant for today. Haha anyone else having to deal with stupid remarks??

Re: Seriously?! Some people...

• Yeah ppl don't think my inlaws were like "oh well I hope you know what you are doing"...like we have a choice now lol

IAmPregnant Ticker  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

October Siggy Challenge- Halloween Fail

• That's frustrating. Where I live, it's common for people to have larger families & have their kids close in age. If you aren't pregnant again by the time your kid is two, people start to wonder if you're having problems getting pregnant. Isn't it silly how it goes both ways depending on where you're from?
    DD - Born 8/12/13

• Loading the player...
  • I just think it's rude!!
  • Some people are just rude. Like it's any of their business whether the baby was planned or not. And who cares anyways? I am waiting to tell people as long as I can because I don't want to deal with comments like this. (This is #3, well actually #4 if you count my late term loss). My mom even said to me before I found out I was pregnant that she thought we should adopt instead of trying to have another baby. When it came to telling her, I was really dreading that. But she was very positive about it, thank God!

Baby #1: EDD:  5/31/08   DD born sleeping due to severe preeclampsia at 22 weeks 1/26/08
    Baby #2: EDD:  4/28/09   DS#1
    Baby #3: EDD:  5/26/11   DS#2
    Baby #4  EDD:  4/1/2015 

• Love it!! I will be doing that when we announce as well. "Yes it was planned" haha
  • My boss asked me that with my first... About an hour after she asked me in front of the entire office if I was pregnant. I was not planning on sharing my news yet at that point, and she asked because she was eavesdropping on a conversation (that actually had nothing to do with me being pregnant). I hated her.

You'd think WOMEN would know better than to ask each other these questions. Sorry you're dealing with it!!
  • Thab

My boss asked me that with my first... About an hour after she asked me in front of the entire office if I was pregnant. I was not planning on sharing my news yet at that point, and she asked because she was eavesdropping on a conversation (that actually had nothing to do with me being pregnant). I hated her.

You'd think WOMEN would know better than to ask each other these questions. Sorry you're dealing with it!!

thsnks girl!! And yes it HAS only been women asking me!!
    Sorry about your stupid boss- I would have given her a piece of my mind
  • Ugh that's so personal. 'Yes, and here's my chart of cervical mucous to track ovulation!'

Bahahahahahahaha

• I had the exact same responses when I got pregnant with my second. I HATED it! Because of that experience we are waiting as long as possible to tell people and we have decided not to tell them about our plans for a home birth until after the baby is born. 
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • Ugh I'm having this issue also. And people have also thrown in "already!? You've only been married a year" and "again? That didn't take long" I had a miscarriage in May so that's what they're referring to with that comment. I guess some people don't think before they speak.
  • We didn't get it with our first but we didn't with the last two and this current pregnancy. I don't understand people, yes we are having our kids close together but that is our choice. Even if the pregnancy wasn't planned how is that any of their business?

Yesterday my MIL asked me when we conceived the baby. O_o
    Samantha 9/25/10 ~*~ Logan 2/7/12 ~*~ Mackenzie 7/11/13

Baby #4
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anicole14 said:
    Ugh I'm having this issue also. And people have also thrown in "already!? You've only been married a year" and "again? That didn't take long" I had a miscarriage in May so that's what they're referring to with that comment. I guess some people don't think before they speak.

Unbelievable that someone would say that about it being soon since your loss. I cannot believe that!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • What does it matter? Like you would love your child more if it was planned vs unplanned? No! That question is just irrelevant and nosey :-t

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• This is the reason we haven't told my MIL yet! She has been super judgey with DD and always tells my DH and I that we take on too much.

• @BabiesEverywhere I like the due date change! I was already thinking about telling most people that I am due the beginning of may. With my first two I noticed that people would remember the month but not the date. As soon as I hit the due date month people would start asking me when I was going to have my baby. My ute goggles were broken so I couldn't tell them.
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • We've only told our parents, and a couple close friends so far. Most people understand, due to our difficulty getting DD. That said, my Mom's response was "Well, you'd better get things figured out after this one, or you could end up with way more than you want!" Uhhh... thanks? I don't know what there is to figure out, we'll use birth control of some sort next time, this time we didn't. We knew what we were doing.

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC #1 since July 2010
    July 2011: Referred to RE, started Letrozole
    August 2011: BFP #1! M/C @ 5wks
    September 2011 - September 2012: test, after test, after test... S/A, HCG, B/W... Diagnosis: unexplained infertility. Letrozole, Metformin... nothing.
    September 2012: Diagnosed gluten intolerance; now living strict GF diet.
    November 2012: BFP #2! MM/C @ 6wks (discovered at 8wks). 2 rounds of Misoprostal - nothing. D&C December 2012.
    May 2013: BFP #3! Hoping this one sticks! 4x prometrium/day EDD: 01/25/14
    06/03/13: 1st u/s We have a heartbeat! Team green!
    01/24/14: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    08/05/14: Surprise BFP #4! (Unmedicated, no pp period, EDD unknown)
    08/15/14: 1 u/s We have a heartbeat! Measured 6wks 2 days. EDD 04/08/15. Team green!
    04/08/15: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    03/29/16: BFP #5! (Unmedicated, 1 cycle TTC) EDD: 11/09/16

• People are annoying.
  • This is why I haven't told anyone but our parents and siblings yet.

My hormones can't deal with the judgement yet. I might bite someone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ugh! People are so rude! When I got pregnant with my first we got a lot of "we were wondering if it was ever going to happen". The few family members that we've told this time have ALL asked "was this planned?!"

WTF kind of question is that?! Totally pisses me off
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • my mom said "WOW! well that opens a whole new can of worms! Yikes!!" my dad said "so I hear youre kinda knocked up?!" I said, "Not really much -kinda- about it!" and props to my FIL who replied "I dont think we say 'knocked up' once they're married" We have been married 3 years, have a beautiful 19 mo old daughter who is going to be an amazing big sister! We know its a little crazy and our lives are gonna be pretty full for a minute, but full of love and gratitude and happiness!!! Thats what I keep telling myseld at least!
  • @BabiesEverywhere‌ are you by chance in utah?
  • Wow some people just don't know when to zip it.

Our thing is everyone asking us when are we going to have another. Even when they know we are trying.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have been fortunate, so far. But I'll update you when I tell my dad, who is sure to have some awesomely inappropriate things to say.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• ChanStewChanStew member
    edited September 2014
    Rski15 said: I just gotta say...I find the opposite end of this spectrum annoying as well. Hubs & I have been married 5yrs today. I am 30. We are waiting to tell as long as possible cause it wasn't planned...wanted to wait a couple more years. We have been fielding "so are you trying yet? Are you EVER gonna have kids ?" I just know the first thing I hear is gonna be "about time" & the thought alone makes me irate. I am under ZERO obligation to justify my choices to anyone. Mine & Hubs business. Period.

We've been married 7 years, and my MIL was asking about kids
    at our wedding.  DH told her very clearly, very early in our marriage, that she is NEVER to ask us about kids.  When we have kids, we'll have kids...and we'll let her know when it happens.  She has done a good job keeping her mouth shut even as we approached 30 and several years of marriage.

I am looking forward to her reaction the most...she will be over the moon excited for us. :)  She is also likely to say something offensive, which will then get put on here, lol.

ETA: TB is being weird with the quoting today....
    Me (29), DH (30), Married 6/16/07
    #1: BFP 8/02/14, EDD 4/11/15

~~TEAM GREEN~~

BabyFruit Ticker   

****** April '15 January Siggy Challenge: Exercise/Workout Fails ****** image
  • We've gotten so many comments! I guess its crazy to have 2 year old twins and get pregnant again! We've gotten the, "Don't you know how that happens?" comment several times. I really just want to go off and tell them that yes, I do know how it happened. Although, you have no clue since it took IVF. It really irritates me!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @BabiesEverywhere‌ are you by chance in utah?

Haha good guess, but no :) I'm in West Texas. It's in the "Bible belt" and there isn't a whole lot to do for entertainment in the desert except make babies...
    DD - Born 8/12/13

• I already expect the inevitable "Don't you know what CAUSES that??"

and I already have my reply lined up... "Yeah, we do, maybe you should try doing that more often so you aren't such an uptight bitch."

I no longer play nice with rudeness, and "I like to stand on by bridges while I burn them just so they know how serious I am about my crazy" is the best quote ever for my pregosaurus rage lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• what really gets me, is when my MIL posts on Facebook "I get to play with such and such baby, can't wait for grandchildren of my own HINT HINT" knowing that her only two DILs both had devastating miscarriages. I was so angry I had to put her in her place. No shit you want a grandchild don't you think we are fucking trying as hard as possible....we were dealing with possible infertility, and airing that shit on Facebook is not okay.
  • @BabiesEverywhere‌ oh! I'm in utah and it just sounded like home when you were describing lol.
  • I did this exact same thing !
  • Yessss!!! When I got pregnant with my third, everyone kept saying, "You know what causes that, right?" No, I have no idea, you a-hole! As if I was saying I was upset that I got pregnant. Huh. And now I'm pregnant with my 4th, which was a surprise, and I don't want to tell anyone! I'm sure someone will think that's too many!
  • We will be telling our parents this weekend.....stay tuned!!...

BFP: 08.11.14   EDD: 04.11.15
    IT'S A GIRL!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm at a University so I kind of get it but when I told one of my classmates who I work with her response was "I'm sorry." I couldn't stop laughing when I told DH. Being #3 I've heard just about everything but that was a winner right there!
  • I always struggle with this - our first we were in a trying to whatever phase (it was a surprise that I got pregnant two weeks after stopping the pill.)  The last two were surprises in a sense, I plan on having 4-5 kids, I just didn't plan on them showing up so soon.  This ones especially awkward since I was pretty vocal about wanting to wait 2-3 more years before having a third, so once I announce it, I'll be curious to see what people say.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"