September 2012 Moms

Tuesday chat..

2»

Re: Tuesday chat..

• BPer said:
    Our house is officially sold, with a closing of October 24th! By then the house will be complete enough to have a certificate of occupancy and we'll be able to move in!
    Awesome, congratulations!  How nice to have the dates work out so well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • smb+jab said:
    Add me to the group for pants issues!  I bought a bunch of 24mn and 2T pants for Grant from which i got a really good deal on: sale plus coupon and I put them on and the all fall down :(

The kid is too damn skinny - He eats like a horse but i cannot fatten him up!  I think i can only buy pants with the adjustable waists....
    We needed adjustable-waist pants for DS until this year. They finally are cut a little slimmer when you hit 4-5T. Ridiculous. It's so much easier with girls who can wear dresses and babylegs.

• https://foodbabe.com/2014/08/25/starbucks-pumpkin-spice-latte/
    My FB newsfeed is going bananas over this article.

Seriously.  Why were so many of my FB friends idiots who believed that Starbucks was good for them?  

Also, the comments at the end of the article are fantastic.  People don't care that they're being served non-vegan, overpriced swill so much as they care that Starbucks supports Planned Parenthood and PP kills babies.  Seriously.  If you have 10 minutes to waste be aware that your head will probably hurt from all the times you'll have to say "huh?" outloud to yourself.
    I still plan to drink all the PS lattes.

• My birthday is this week. A month ago, DH asked what I wanted. I told him I would like purple roses and for him to make dinner. I have a feeling I'm going to end up disappointed.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I decided to take the job offer I got from a local hospital so last week I gave my notice.  Right now, only my boss and the business manager know that I'm leaving.  I was able to give about 6 weeks notice and we hired 2 new clinicians.  One started today, the other starts next week.  I'm already over it.  I really just want to transfer my whole caseload and be done with it, but I can't do that yet, because none of the other staff know I'm leaving.  Also, my staff assistant is out today so I'm having to train the new person on paperwork and everything.  Ugh, like I said, I'm over it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• melody921 said:
    smb+jab said:
    Add me to the group for pants issues!  I bought a bunch of 24mn and 2T pants for Grant from which i got a really good deal on: sale plus coupon and I put them on and the all fall down :(

The kid is too damn skinny - He eats like a horse but i cannot fatten him up!  I think i can only buy pants with the adjustable waists....
    We needed adjustable-waist pants for DS until this year. They finally are cut a little slimmer when you hit 4-5T. Ridiculous. It's so much easier with girls who can wear dresses and babylegs.
    We're still using adjustable waist jeans for DS1.  He's in 5T or 4s.  He eats more than I do, but his waist is crazy tiny and his legs are long.

I never had to use the adjustable wait for DS2.  Those boys sure are built differently.  ;)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I am so tired, I can't keep my eyes open and there is no real reason for this other then I'm eating like SH-T lately.

I know my weight is up, I know I need to eat better and exercise and I'm angry that I am normally a person who lives like that, but haven't done it for the past several months (like since March.)-:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @PenelopePond Happy Birthday! 

imageimage 

• Kissty said:

@PenelopePond Happy Birthday! 

Thank you! :\">
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I'm exhausted.  My DH seems to think he is the only person in our house who can get tired.  He had a rough first week back to a crew and ended up getting sick.  I am so tired of doing everything myself.

My mom, DH, Luci and I looked at homes on Sunday because I think my mom is going to move in with us after she retires.  I have dreams of having a really nice house, but I doubt that will ever happen.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• You guys always make me laugh. :-)  Thank you so much for that.

1. I had no idea that there is in fact a helium shortage.  DH the nerd confirmed it.
    2. I didn't know I could buy my own helium tank and DIY.  It's still $45+ to do that.
    3. Screw balloons.  I'm over it.  

The party is my immediate family, DH's immediate family & my aunt & uncle.  I don't think any of them are going to judge me for not having balloons.  
    Only to here, but I was just at toys r us and they have helium tanks for $34, and if you had a 20% coupon it'd be like..... $34 minus 20%
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    @MelsaX do you know where she is from in the US? I would love to feed you some shit about where she is from. Most neighborhoods in the US are not gated. Except the very small window that the government gave a first time home buyers incentive, they don't help people buy houses. We do have government backed mortgages but they often have a higher interest rate and mortgage insurance.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1hmp1 member
    MelsaX said:
    @MelsaX do you know where she is from in the US? I would love to feed you some shit about where she is from. Most neighborhoods in the US are not gated. Except the very small window that the government gave a first time home buyers incentive, they don't help people buy houses. We do have government backed mortgages but they often have a higher interest rate and mortgage insurance.
    She's from Florida, not sure where in Florida though. The comments about New Zealand not being safe got me the most. Life here is so vastly different than she had over there. Also, I may have told her to piss off back to America if life here is so horrible. Sad thing is, she's been such a twat to her family they don't want her back home. Life must be so tough to be such a brat all the time.
    Ha. FL is one of the more fucked up states we have here! (I was born in FL, don't throw rocks)

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Thanks for the input on my pant predicament. I went with the capris and a long black tank. They are completely drenched in butt sweat after being outside all day :( so there goes my plan of wearing them tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Gah! Work is sucking majorly lately. Our CFO is leaving in 2 weeks so she is trying to tie up every loose end possible. My normal workload is heavy, now it is ridonkulous. I am tired and just want to prep for year end, but I don't even have time for that. 

I am counting down the days until we leave for Disney. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Can I also just add that I am way too fat for how far along I am.  I hate when people ask how far along I am because I want to tell them 38 weeks haha :p  And my "bump" has a dip in the middle, i.e. where my fat roll usually is.  I can't wait for it to round out all the way.  Ugh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"