Natural Birth

When did you go in to labor with Baby #1?

2»

Re: When did you go in to labor with Baby #1?

• My water broke at 10:30 pm two days before my due date (so 39w 5d).  He was born at 8 am the following morning.  

My midwives won't induce until 42 weeks unless there is a medical reason to induce sooner.  I'm hoping that this baby follows his brother's lead and comes on his own before we get to the discussion about inducing (I think they bring up getting a plan together 41 weeks).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • atcwagatcwag member
    I had Cervadil placed the evening of my due date and Pitocin the following AM due to skyrocketing BP that had progressively worsened for 2 weeks. I wasn't happy about it, but also didn't want to put myself or baby at risk. Next time, I will do ANYTHING POSSIBLE to avoid induction. It was awful, just plain awful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD was born at 39 weeks, 3 days. I totally thought she'd be born on the full moon a week later, though.
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • What are the signs of an aging placenta?

My mw said I had one. It was darker I think she said. Something about the blood vessels. Never really Googled it. I also measured a week ahead the whole time.

Ds was born 38 and 6.
  • I had DD at 41 weeks 2 days. I went into labor at 41 weeks.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • I was convinced that I would go post-dates and have to be induced, so when I went into labor 38w2d, I was in complete denial. I ended up having a relatively quick and easy med-free delivery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had my DD at 35 weeks due to pProm (water broke early). 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't remember if I answered this before, or just looked at it, lol! Preggo brain. I don't see a post from me, though, so here goes.

1st baby was 40wk 3d. 2nd baby was 40wk 5d. 

We'll see if baby #3 makes it to 41wk, haha. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• 42 weeks

DD was big (8lb 13oz) and sunny side up and despite my large skeletal structure she was not coming out that way. I had a chiro adjustment and three days of intense acupuncture and moxibustion to turn her and induce labor. Luckily for me it worked. I had a 11.5 hour home birth!
  • My midwife told me it is perfectly normal for a first-time mother to go over 41 weeks. She also said that unless the baby is in distress, 42 is perfectly fine, too. 

imageimage
  • First was born at 40w 3d naturally.
  • 40+4

37+5 with #2.
  • My first was 4 days late (went into labor 3 days late). My second was 7 days late! So I didn't follow the rules of the first one being the latest. My midwife was okay for me to go to 42 weeks before we even discussed induction as long as tests came back healthy. And as some comfort, they don't always come out huge if they are past 40 weeks. My first was 6 lbs 11 oz and the second was 7 lbs 10 oz.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"