February 2015 Moms
Options

Wednesday Randoms

Re: Wednesday Randoms

• Options
    kkleigh10 said:
    Also, I'm annoyed the newly married Duggar girl is pregnant already. Enjoy your H for more than two seconds before having kids! Though I would kind of love it if she got pregnant before the wedding. 'Cause I'm evil.
    I got pregnant on our honeymoon. Oops?

No, getting pregnant right away isn't an issue. Her getting pregnant practically the day she finally moves out of her parent's house and can have a life that doesn't revolve around kids/babies annoys me and makes me sad.
    J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chickyclg said:
    Well guess who's bleeding again, I got my appt moved up to today from tomorrow. Sometimes I feel like this babies want me to be overly stressed. I have found both of them a few times since the bleeding started, so I'm not freaking out as bad as normal. When I called the OBs they decided to have me come in to check everything.
    FX everything is OK. Let us know.

photo tumblr_mvhtjpmhbh1sg96flo1_r2_500_zpsed277910.gif

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   

• Options
    @chickyclg glad you can hear the little ones, hope you get some reassuring news soon!
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've been giving the reveals lovetits, but not commenting, especially if the poster hasn't really participated otherwise. I'm on automatic with them.
    This is me too. I lovetit, because I get how excited they are, but if you hardly ever post, you can't really expect everyone on the board to be all, "OMG, I'm so freaking excited for you!!!!!"

CafeMom Tickers

• Options

I thought I was entirely past morning sickness but I just smelled my daughters dirty diaper while eating breakfast and ran to the bathroom. 
    :-&

My daughter has finally consistently starting using her signs that we taught her.  She started signing for milk around 8 months but now that momma isn't making any more she signs for milk when she's tired because she was used to getting nursed to sleep.  She also signs for "all done," "more," "eat," and "drink."  It makes my life so much easier to have some idea of what she wants or needs!

Signing is so amazing to me. My daughter is about to be two, but still has trouble saying some words. The other day I asked her what color her pillow was and she brought her hand to her chin as if she was thinking intently about it. It took me awhile to figure out that she was signing the color orange, which is hard for her to say. Unfortunately, she knows a lot more sign language than I do, so half the time I don't even realize she's signing. Seriosuly amazing though!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    kkleigh10 said:
    kkleigh10 said:
    Also, I'm annoyed the newly married Duggar girl is pregnant already. Enjoy your H for more than two seconds before having kids! Though I would kind of love it if she got pregnant before the wedding. 'Cause I'm evil.
    I got pregnant on our honeymoon. Oops?

No, getting pregnant right away isn't an issue. Her getting pregnant practically the day she finally moves out of her parent's house and can have a life that doesn't revolve around kids/babies annoys me and makes me sad.
    ----------------------- @Jay_Cee‌ - I totally agree. I wasn't actually offended, just giving you a hard time ;) For some reason I'm completely intrigued in an "I'm horrified" way about the Duggers.

I love/hate the Duggars. So interesting. But I'd be so sad if my daughter chose that life.
    J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have to hold my nose in my kitchen...something smells weird and I cant stop gagging...kind of funny though
  • Options
    mommy510 said:

I'm so exhausted, and I think I'm too old to go back to college. Also, going back while pregnant might be a mistake. I just don't want to do it anymore and classes start Monday... (As in, I haven't even started yet and I want to quit.)

I start back up again Monday on my second bachelors and I seriously couldn't be less thrilled. I think the fun of back to school is ruined when your first day of school outfit selection involves jeans that are tight or maternity pants that are loose.

• Options
    MissEm15 said:
    My random is that today is my 30th bday!! I thought I would be really sad about it.. but it's a great day!! I get to pick up my niece at the airport & I'm so stinkin excited!!
    Happy birthday!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jmcgra06jmcgra06 member
    edited August 2014
    MissEm15 said:
    My random is that today is my 30th bday!! I thought I would be really sad about it.. but it's a great day!! I get to pick up my niece at the airport & I'm so stinkin excited!!
    Happy birthday!
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @MissEm15 Happy Birthday!

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    @CrazyCornball‌ thats one hell of a start to your thurs...wednesday. hopefully the real thursday is way better tomorrow.
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    nikajsnikajs member
    edited August 2014
    kkleigh10 said:

nikajs said:

I brushed my dreadlocks out yesterday and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Now I have to decide if I want to cut my hair and now it requires styling, which is not my forte.. At least it smells pretty now :)

@nikajs‌ - interesting! For some reason I always thought if you had dreads you had to shave their head to get rid of them. The more you know...

@kkleigh10‌ most of the time they can't be brushed out with a lot of patience and a ton of leave in conditioner, they even make special stuff to take them out. Most people just cut them though because you lose a lot of hair brushing them out and it takes forever/hurts. Luckily I only had about half my head dreaded so it wasn't too bad- still have a full head of hair. :)

Eta-
    I also didn't have mine for very long- like 6 months so that also might have something to do with it.. But I've heard of people brushing 10+ year old locks out.. Which I can't really imagine- it was hard enough to do mine. Haha
  • Options

I love reading posts, and want to contribute but then I put my fingers on the keys and I just get exhausted and need a nap. This is a problem.

Also smacked my head on a metal corner yesterday and it hurts like a SOB but I did it in front of upper bosses so I couldn't swear like I really wanted to. I think that's why it still hurts so bad.

I really just need one day where I can sleep in until 8.

And for something less whiny, Squeaker looked at the dog this morning pointed her finger at him and said "NO!" He was sooo confused, and I may have peed a little laughing so hard.

• Options
    kkleigh10 said:
    I brushed my dreadlocks out yesterday and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Now I have to decide if I want to cut my hair and now it requires styling, which is not my forte.. At least it smells pretty now :)
    @nikajs‌ - interesting! For some reason I always thought if you had dreads you had to shave their head to get rid of them. The more you know...
    This... Ive seen friends comb/brush out twists, but never real dreadlocks. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    mommy510mommy510 member
    edited August 2014
    Jay_Cee said:

I'm glad it chaps my mom's ass that we aren't finding out the sex of this baby either. It made me smile.

Apparently I have the attitude of a 16yo.

They said she is due in Spring 2015, so she probably wasn't pregnant before. Either way, I doubt she is 12weeks yet. I'm giving the announcement the side-eye because it comes across like she announced it before the pee was dry on the stick. It almost seems like she is trying to get back in the spotlight now that her wedding is over and her sister is engaged.

ETA: I really don't understand their family. MIL is just like the Duggers and she drives me crazy. She even tried to have "the talk" with me (last year, as a grown woman with 2 kids). I was just like NO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
  • Options
    @MissEm15‌ Happy Birthday! Have a fantastic day.
    @jaztastic‌ Yaayy for the fish flapping. I can't wait to feel something in there. My LO just seems to be a lazy bum.
  • Options
    I won't open any more threads if the word gender is in the title. I can't do it anymore. If I'm needed in one, then page me. I'm feeling overly dramatic today. Thanks.
    That word is never going to go away is it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    This is a total TMI, but why is it that the day you have a Doctors appointment is the one day when you feel like you can never get your butt clean in the bathroom?  Like seriously... 

Sorry for any gross image, but you know it happens. 
    wait what? you mean you still feel dirty after a shower? or are you saying you cant get the shit out of your ass? I need clarification. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options

Happy Birthday @MissEm15 !

@chickyclg - Good Luck today!

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    AF9211 said:
    I love seeing everyone's pregnancy announcements...so cute! But...am I the only one who thinks I would be flamed by family & friends if I physically sent them a pregnancy announcement in the mail? Is that common? I feel like my family would make fun of me.
    I don't get the actually mailing them out. I have never seen that before.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Woke up to hours of thunder and lightening...my FAVORITE! We don't get it much around here, so it's always a nice surprise.

I was super tired and turned the water on for my morning hot tea and turned the wrong burner on. Came into the kitchen to find super hot cookie sheet with a melting spatula on the top. Now my house smells like burnt plastic. Yick.

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'll leave it be.. I meant after a bathroom visit.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Had my 16 wk appointment today. Everything's fine. I have not gained any weight since my 12 wk appointment (yay-?), so the doctor told me I should aim for gaining 4 pounds by the 20 wk appointment.

I always thought I'd find this sort of thing liberating. Finally, being told to put weight on, rather than obsessing over not gaining or focusing on losing weight. But actually, it makes me nervous to be thinking about my weight at all. Based on what you all have said, you don't have that much control over the weight gain anyway in a given pregnancy. I'm afraid to increase intake and then to overblow the weight gain. I'd really rather not think about it at all, so I probably won't. Except for feeling less guilty for my nightly chocolate ice cream :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Damn I hate mobile bumping.

Im wondering how bad my hair looked before. Everyone at work keeps stopping me and telling ne how great my hair looks now. Umm was it really that bad before. everyone who jas passed me in the halls today has madea comment. literally everyone.

also myboss is retiring. today is her retirement party. all head custodians are expectes to host it. :( i get off at 2:30 the party starts at ,3:30 and ends at 6. i just want to go home and nap.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    chickyclg said:
    Thanks everyone for the warm and fuzzies. The appt went good. Still no real answers for why the bleeding is happening though.
    Glad the appointment went well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I won't open any more threads if the word gender is in the title. I can't do it anymore. If I'm needed in one, then page me. I'm feeling overly dramatic today. Thanks.

AMEN!

On that note, I was looking online at baby clothes this weekend and Gap, Kohls, and a couple other websites all say Gender on their website when listing Girl, Boy, Neutral. Ugh...

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    We are heading home from NYC today, I am exhausted after three days of running around this city with two kids. Nice to get away, had a great time celebrating my son's birthday, and didn't have to clean my house for a birthday party. But boy, I will be glad to get into our regular routine. The crowds and walking with young kids and their total lack of fear has had my stomach in knots.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• Options
    chickyclg said:

Thanks everyone for the warm and fuzzies. The appt went good. Still no real answers for why the bleeding is happening though.

Glad it went well!
  • Options
    jennjilljojennjilljo member
    edited August 2014
    I was laughing so hard at some of these that DH made me read what was so funny. My random is a complaint, my boobs are super uncomfortable today. I feel bad for me but then I think about all you ladies with huge tracts of land and I just want to cry for you. It took months for me too swell into a B and some of you ladies are pushing sizes that can only be bought online or in specialty stores. My empathy is acting up. Thanks hormones!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

AMEN!

On that note, I was looking online at baby clothes this weekend and Gap, Kohls, and a couple other websites all say Gender on their website when listing Girl, Boy, Neutral. Ugh...

This is why I don't understand why the gender/sex clarification is such a big deal on TB. I realize that political correctness is important, but when half of society doesn't even realize it's an issue I have to say I really couldn't care less about it.
    I do use the terms correctly with the exception of saying gender reveal and gender neutral, but that is simply because I've never heard someone call it a sex reveal party or say that they are doing a sex neutral nursery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;</style>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"