February 2015 Moms
Options

Wednesday Randoms

1235»

Re: Wednesday Randoms

• Options
    kkleigh10 said:
    I know we all love (hate) a good baby name discussion, but could you ladies indulge me for a second? Not quite ready for the baby names board yet. What do you think about the name Eoin? Pronounced Owen. DH and I had been totally set on a name but are now second-guessing ourselves. An Irish name is important but would you find the Irish spelling douchey? Is Owen better because it's less confusing to pronounce?

It isn't my style, mostly because people would never figure out that it was supposed to be pronounced like Owen unless they were familiar with the Irish culture and terminology.
    If you and your husband like it though, more power to you.  
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sugahcookie01‌ and @thegoodpotato‌ I love you guys, you're doing a great job, never change.

@kkleigh10‌ Eoin will be hard to pronounce and spell for teachers, hospital staff and everyone else in the world including future employers (that probably makes me sound like a douche planning my kids future). If you don't mind that than I say go for it. If you worry about it than I would go with a more American/English spelling of it our find another Irish name you love. There are tons of great Irish names to choose from.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I AM SO TIRED OF RANDOM ANNOUNCEMENT POSTINGS!!!

Does no one else look and see that the people who are posting these have absolutely no history on our board at all??!?!???  These people are getting a million love tits, and "too cute!" and I'm like, "who the hell are you??!!"

I'm irrationally angry about all these drive-bys.  X(

I also get irrationally angry they get so many love tits. I feel like it's only encouraging the drive by.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    kkleigh10 said:
    I know we all love (hate) a good baby name discussion, but could you ladies indulge me for a second? Not quite ready for the baby names board yet. What do you think about the name Eoin? Pronounced Owen. DH and I had been totally set on a name but are now second-guessing ourselves. An Irish name is important but would you find the Irish spelling douchey? Is Owen better because it's less confusing to pronounce?
    Is your family Irish?  Is that why you're favouring that spelling?  I like the name Owen, but I find Irish spelling on people who are not from Ireland questionable.  I would read it phonetically as "ee-OIN" and would have no idea that it was actually Owen.

I'm not a big fan of other Irish names that have Irish spelling and a pronounciation that is not intuitive in North America (i.e. Siobhan aka "Shivon" for a girl).

I could understand if you had a very strong connection to the Irish spelling, but I think in everyday life you might get side-eyed by people that are not name nerds, and there would be a lot of confusion and misspelling.... :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Also, we had the same debate with Amanda's middle name (even though middle names don't matter as much).  I wanted a name that would honour my grandmother whose name was Maarjte... but I wasn't going saddle her with an unspellable name.  So we settled on Mareike, which is a Dutch variant of Mary (my GM was Dutch) because DH wasn't too keen on Marjorie (which is the English equivalent of her actual name). 

DH didn't understand the spelling/pronounciation, and we got other feedback to that effect, so we compromised to Marika.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    kkleigh10 said:
    I wouldn't say douchey, but it can be a bit confusing and your child will most likely have their name mispronounced. As a person with a name that people tend to mispronounce (Corrine pronounced 'kor-in' not 'kor-een' or 'kor-eye-n') it's really just a minor inconvenience really. My husband's best friend has a daughter named Ciannon which I believe is Irish, and is pronounced the same as Shannon. The people who care about you, your family, and your child, will make an effort to remember the pronunciation and spelling.
    Roslin Liora -- Due 2/8/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
    image     image     image
  • Options
    I know an Eoin. Very nice guy. But I always say it phonetically in my head.

And I'm guilty of announcement love tits without ID checks. For my health and the board's health, I'll stop. ;)
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Options
    Ducktale said:

Does no one else look and see that the people who are posting these have absolutely no history on our board at all??!?!???  These people are getting a million love tits, and "too cute!" and I'm like, "who the hell are you??!!"

I also get irrationally angry they get so many love tits. I feel like it's only encouraging the drive by.
    YES.  ME TOO!!  DON'T LOVE TIT THE RANDOMS!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

And I'm guilty of announcement love tits without ID checks. For my health and the board's health, I'll stop. ;)
    You're on "the list" liz.  THE LIST.

;)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Can I whine some more about how much I'm scared of going to the dentist tomorrow for my broken tooth? I've been needing to go for a while now and I know that, but I'm still a huge baby about the pain and I don't know if they're just going to do a crown, and my husband scared me by saying they might do a root canal.  :((
    Roslin Liora -- Due 2/8/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
    image     image     image
  • Options

Same

Same here. I was okay with them at first but they are getting old and now that there is a sticky thread, I wont open the random ones anymore.
  • Options
    I'm guilty of the love tits too but I do look at the screen name and just think maybe I've just never seen them before or don't remember them :-S
  • Options
    I know we're off the announcements topic, but I just wanted to say: I can't help editing them in my head. I let someone know their year was wrong, which they appreciated. But at least one other is annoying me for its incorrect use of apostrophes. And I don't think they'd take it well (because, let's be honest, correcting it would be kind of snotty).

Word nerd rant over.
    Since you said that, I had to go back and check mine to make sure it wasn't me you were talking about! (though, for the record, I would rather someone point out the mistake to me)

@thegoodpotato you have me worried that people think I'm just a drive by, but I promise, I'm participating as much as I am, most of the time other people answer a question before me and I feel weird just saying the same thing as the poster before me.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    CatLadyTX said:

smg2302 said:

CatLadyTX said:

I offered my husband a blow job in exchange for chips, salsa, and queso. He graciously accepted but now I think I want ice cream instead (thanks @MaddScientist‌). Do you think I can convince him to extend my offer to include ice cream, hot fudge, peanutbutter, whipped cream, and Reese's pieces as well?

Last night I had sex with DH on the couch to he would bring me a bowl of cocoa krispies.  It would have been quicker to just get the bowl myself.  Oh well.  Win-win.

Glad it isn't just me.

Nope. Sex for a back massage last night. Totally worth it lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kkleigh10‌ Owen. Definitely. I have an Aoefie in my class and it's the biggest struggle just as her teacher. And I love the name Owen- I'm even considering it :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HailsMom‌ I definitely recognise you. You're not a drive-by. :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I hate pelvic rest.

That is all
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    lizjennings81lizjennings81 member
    edited August 2014
    HailsMom said:

I know we're off the announcements topic, but I just wanted to say: I can't help editing them in my head. I let someone know their year was wrong, which they appreciated. But at least one other is annoying me for its incorrect use of apostrophes. And I don't think they'd take it well (because, let's be honest, correcting it would be kind of snotty).

Word nerd rant over.

Since you said that, I had to go back and check mine to make sure it wasn't me you were talking about! (though, for the record, I would rather someone point out the mistake to me)

@thegoodpotato you have me worried that people think I'm just a drive by, but I promise, I'm participating as much as I am, most of the time other people answer a question before me and I feel weird just saying the same thing as the poster before me.

---Quote fail line----

Nah, it was a drive-by I didn't recognize. I figured if I said something, she might take it as a viper attack.

You? You're a familiar face. :)
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Options
    kkleigh10 said:

SNail312` said:

@kkleigh10‌ Owen. Definitely. I have an Aoefie in my class and it's the biggest struggle just as her teacher. And I love the name Owen- I'm even considering it :)

@SNail312`‌ - I actually love the name Aoefie but I agree, wayyyy too confusing!

DH and I just did a fist-bump over the name Owen. I think it's our winner! Although we'll probably freak out in a month and I'll be back here testing more names...
    DS name is Owen so clearly I love it. But I agree with the American spelling.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    All this talk about tonic water made me text DH to get me some! I'm happily chugging it down!
  • Options
    jennjilljojennjilljo member
    edited August 2014
    You know the breast cancer awareness thing that goes around Facebook every year? Here's what it looks for those of you who want to avoid it.
    "Unfortunately, you should not have liked or commented!!!! Now you have to pick from one of these below and post it to your status. This is THE 2014 BREAST CANCER AWARENESS game. Don't be a spoil sport, pick your poison from one of these and change your status, 1) Damn diarrhea 2) Just used my boobs to get out of a speeding ticket 3) How do you get rid of foot fungus 4) No toilet paper, goodbye socks. 5) I think I'm in love with someone, what should I do? 6) I've decided to stop wearing underwear 7) it's confirmed, I'm going to be a Mommy/Daddy!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You know the breast cancer awareness thing that goes around Facebook every year? Here's what it looks for those of you who want to avoid it. "Unfortunately, you should not have liked or commented!!!! Now you have to pick from one of these below and post it to your status. This is THE 2014 BREAST CANCER AWARENESS game. Don't be a spoil sport, pick your poison from one of these and change your status, 1) Damn diarrhea 2) Just used my boobs to get out of a speeding ticket 3) How do you get rid of foot fungus 4) No toilet paper, goodbye socks. 5) I think I'm in love with someone, what should I do? 6) I've decided to stop wearing underwear 7) it's confirmed, I'm going to be a Mommy/Daddy!
    Thank you!  I hate this BS. How do stupid, obscure status updates raise breast cancer awareness!?!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Good God I am just waking up from a 6 hour nap, is that still even considered a nap or just a full blown sleep session.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    jennjilljojennjilljo member
    edited August 2014

You know the breast cancer awareness thing that goes around Facebook every year? Here's what it looks for those of you who want to avoid it.
    "Unfortunately, you should not have liked or commented!!!! Now you have to pick from one of these below and post it to your status. This is THE 2014 BREAST CANCER AWARENESS game. Don't be a spoil sport, pick your poison from one of these and change your status, 1) Damn diarrhea 2) Just used my boobs to get out of a speeding ticket 3) How do you get rid of foot fungus 4) No toilet paper, goodbye socks. 5) I think I'm in love with someone, what should I do? 6) I've decided to stop wearing underwear 7) it's confirmed, I'm going to be a Mommy/Daddy!

Thank you!  I hate this BS. How do stupid, obscure status updates raise breast cancer awareness!?!

Looking back over it I see it failed to paste the last few. There's also a "I just won $900 on a scratch off" and "I just found out that I've been cheated on for the past 5 months". I think it's a bid to get news coverage over obscure statutes. But, yes, very dumb.

Eta: words are hard
  • Options

I feel so far behind.  With the time difference,  I am reading posts while you ladies are sleeping.  I am trying to be a little more active.

Had my 16 week appointment yesterday and got my quad screening done.  Now I have a quarter size bruise where they drew the blood.  At least it only took one stab and about 3 minutes to draw two vials.  I call that a success.  I also scheduled my 20 week a/s for Sept 18th (due 2/1/15) at the hospital about 1.5 hrs away.

Anyway I am back to working on my paper.  Hope you ladies have a great day!

Me-27 + DH-29 = Married 2008
    DS= 2/4/15

• Options
    I think I was able to feel the baby this morning! It felt like a goldfish flip flopped in my belly :D also my anatomy scan is next Tuesday! I am super excited to find out what we are having!
    In other news I hope that the regs dont see me as a random poster lol. I am on all the time I just don't post much because it is a pain on my phone. However I have trouble recognizing most of the people on here or any of these boards especially not being able to see siggies. When I was on other boards I would recognize pics and if that person changed their pic I wouldn't know who they were. Am I the only crazy one? :-/

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @Stephanie2378‌ if you got poisoned, you'll know within a couple of hours. Trust me. I've had it. I barfed in a planter downtown. :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @Stephanie2378 hope you don't get sick!!

Me-27 + DH-29 = Married 2008
    DS= 2/4/15

• Options
    Mego04 said:

In other news I hope that the regs dont see me as a random poster lol. I am on all the time I just don't post much because it is a pain on my phone.

This! Same here! I read a lot but then when I got post by eyes get all wacked out. Trying to be better about hopping on the computer and post but DAMN you ladies move quick! I'm still trying to get through Wednesdays posts and it's Friday. LOL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"