March 2013 Moms

Still BFing?

Just wondering who and how often. :-)

DS has become my longest. DD1 weaned at 6 months because my supply TANKED when I got pregnant again. DD2 only did nighttime feedings through 13 months before she finally started to sleep through the night and gave it up entirely.

DS is 16 months and still attached to it. I've cut him down to only once before bedtime, but if he's having a rough time (teething, for example), he'll start pulling at my shirt to try to get to it. I had planned on weaning him at 1 year and I did cut out most of the feedings shortly after that, but I'm in no hurry to give up this last feeding.

Anyone else still nursing?
DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Still BFing?

• I am. We still nurse on demand. It equates to before and after nap, at bedtime, about three times at night (cosleep/bedshare s not sure) and once between nap and bedtime. Also she will nurse if she is feeling sick/teeth hurting/tired while away from home etc.

It seems like a lot but she goes four and six hour stretches now where she used to go only three or four tops.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are as well, usually just at bedtime. Sometimes if he's sick/teething, he'll nurse more during the day. I think my supply is almost gone though, I'm 15 wks pg and DS will only nurse on one side. I need to wean him soon, I'm afraid of jealousy when new baby arrives and is nursing.
  • Loading the player...
  • We're still going - just bedtime though.  She's sick right now so if she wakes up in the middle of the night, I'll nurse her then just to help her relax and go back to bed.  I might think about stopping before the end of summer because we're thinking about TTC soon and I want to give my body a break between babies.  Ha! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Still going here!  We are down to bedtime and first thing in the morning for the most part...sometimes when we first get home in the evening as well.  Like others, when she's sick or teething or gets hurt she'll request it more.  I honestly expected at the beginning that she'd be weaning around 12 months, but we are at almost 17 and I don't see that happening anytime soon.  I am perfectly fine with that though!  I'm actually going to miss it when she does wean...I love our snuggle time, especially now that she's so mobile.  

• Still nursing 2 to 3 times a day. Was also planning on weaning at 12 months since it was such a struggle at the beginning. Now I feel like we have worked so hard, and it's so much easier now, why not wait a little longer? Such a special time with her, I'm really going to miss it when it's over :(
  • It's funny how a year seems so long at the beginning of this journey, but once you reach that point, it almost doesn't seem long enough.

Seems many are in my "I was gonna wean, but..." situation. Nice to know I'm not alone. ;-)
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We are. In the beginning I thought we would last 6 months, tops, but, here we are, 4 days shy of 17 months. She nurses in the morning before we get out of bed, immediately after we get home in the evenings, a few times before supper, after supper, before bed, and throughout the night (we bed share). Basically, when we're together she gets the boob whenever she wants. She used to strictly nurse to sleep, but now she'll only nurse for naps on the weekends. She wants her Daddy for bedtime. I have zero plans on weaning anytime soon. I figure she'll self wean when I get pregnant again. Or either she'll be the kindergartener who jumps off the schoolbus and yells for the boobies. Kidding...sort of. The girl loves the boob.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My goal was a year, my LO had other plans. She still nurses at least six times a day. Mostly sleeps through the night although she's teething now so sometimes wants to boob at night too.
  • Hi gals (haven't posted here in a looong time),

We are still nursing too. I was off of work for the summer, so it was about 4 times per day. Now that I am back at work, it will probably be more like 3 times. I also thought that we would wean around a year, but I don't see the point. Both LO and I really enjoy it. We are kinda TTC, so we'll see what happens if/when I get pregnant though.
  • Hi ladies! Like @ShadyKull‌ , I haven't posted in ages. We are still BFing and it shocks me. I was not really looking forward to it at all, and here we are at 18 months. Typically E nurses once maybe twice a day.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"