March 2015 Moms
Options

I'm only happy when it rains

Re: I'm only happy when it rains

• Options
    Don't want to go to work today.  Just feel like lying in the bathtub.

Hope everyone who has an appointment today receives good news.

Let me know about any drama on the boards since I wont be able to keep up while I'm at work.
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally decided to forego lunch yesterday and stuff myself with white cheddar popcorn. 

Today, my senses are all peaked... boss made Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal and the maple syrup smell had me craving waffles. Then I got an overwhelming smell of pesticides which almost made me puke. Fun fun. 
  • Options
    BBnut said:

kaydedid said:

Hello ladies! Finally back from an awesome vacation, and holy cow there is no way to catch up on posts. Lurked a little on vacay, and glad to see all the awesome u/s! My first is 2ma, trying to avoid thinking/worrying/freaking out over it.

Today's random - checked my garden yesterday after being gone. Among other things, had 4 ripe pie pumpkins. So, being an idiot, picked them, cooked them, canned the cubes of cooked pympkin, and roasted the seeds. Great, except I HATE pumpkin, except in pie form. But gosh darn it, the things grew and I couldn't just LEAVE them there! So all future baby weight will be blamed on pumpkin pie.

Nice! I love cooking with pumpkin.

I gave up on my garden this year.  It's a mess.

I feel like crap, it's pouring down rain, and my shoes are still wet from going out this morning, but I am so totally going out to get pumpkin pie.

OH! I just remembered...it's almost time for the local ice cream place to start offering pumpkin ice cream!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @cafecreme Trader Joes has this thing called cookie butter that honestly is addicting and amazing and something everyone should have in their life :-) Just thinking about it now makes my mouth water and I can't wait to go home and get my jar.  Yummy!
    2 beautiful dd's 10 and 7
    Missing my two angel babies
    BFP 4/26/14- CP 5/2/14 
    BFP 7/5/14- Missed miscarriage (12 weeks) D and C 8/29/2014

• Options
    tngrl3 said:
    @Darbie914‌ I love to put PB on waffles and the pour hot maple syrup on them. Yum! My mom actually use to make PB syrup when we were kids but I can't remember how she did it.

We do  this too! PB syrup you say? I need to figure that one out!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @BBnut‌ I am with you on letting the garden go. I'm letting the squash/watermelon duke it out with the weeds - a fair fight, imho. And your job sounds awesome! Are there a lot of women at your work? I'm an engineer in manufacturing, and it's almost all men aside from a few really nice ladies who are overwhelmingly lesbian.

@snickersforeveryone‌ I'm trying to resist opening the freshly canned jars to start making pie. And am now considering looking up pumpkin pie ice cream recipes...and buying an ice cream maker. Thank you for your pumpkin enthusiasm.
  • Options
    @meladoriestar, is that the chat that I was messaged a link to a little while ago?  I haven't been in since it's changed but I keep seeing everyone saying they're in the chat and no one else is there.
  • Options
    wendyldwendyld member
    edited August 2014
    SNLT1012 said:

@meladoriestar, is that the chat that I was messaged a link to a little while ago?  I haven't been in since it's changed but I keep seeing everyone saying they're in the chat and no one else is there.

Probably, but I'll resend it to you. It is a little tricky as for some people it opens in the "lobby" and for some people it opens in "Lobby". You have to click on the other tab above the participant list and double click on the other one if there are people in the other room.

ETA: I agree with @meladoriestar‌ about not being exclusive, but I probably wouldn't send it right away to someone who doesn't post here too. The reason we stopped posting it is people were joining chat with names like Bob or newbie and just lurking.
    A work in progress

MMC April 2014 at 6w2d, D&C at 9 weeks

MMC August 2014 at 9w1d, D&C at 12 weeks

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    @mrsIgoe‌ happy thoughts for your appointment!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

For chat we changed rooms awhile ago after some creepy person popped in. New chat link isn't being posted and is PM only. Yes you can do it mobile. Usually we are on between 8-10 Chicago time.

I'm not sure what the current consensus is on who gets the chat link but I'm strongly opposed to being elitist about it so I'm willing to share the link. Just PM me for it. Just don't be a lame WK or troll otherwise I'll be shunned for sharing the link willy nilly.

I had fun in chat & miss it. Now that I'm back from vacation we have company, but they go home tomorrow so hopefully soon. I will PM you

Married My Love 8/09, Blessed with Captain Adorable 3/12
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

BFP#1 7/13/11 EDD 3/16/12 DS born 3/16/12

BFP#2 5/16/14 EDD 1/23/15 CP 5/21/14

BFP#3 6/25/14  EDD 3/2/15 

imageimageimage

• Options
    adouces06 said:

@wendyld do you usually run the chat in Java, Flash, or Mobile? I couldn't see that "Other" tab in Java.

I do Java on my computer and mobile on my phone. I'll try to do some screenshots to show the buttons later.
    A work in progress

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    UO: I don't like TJ's cookie butter. It's too sweet for me

• Options
    I like cookies.  I like butter.  But, NGL, cookie butter sounds disgusting.   :P

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options
    One of our vendor partners just brought in a huge fruit/cheese tray and guess who was the first person to dig in? That's right, ME. And I got the best pieces too.  \:D/
  • Options
    BBnut said:

kaydedid said:

@BBnut‌ I am with you on letting the garden go. I'm letting the squash/watermelon duke it out with the weeds - a fair fight, imho. And your job sounds awesome! Are there a lot of women at your work? I'm an engineer in manufacturing, and it's almost all men aside from a few really nice ladies who are overwhelmingly lesbian.

There are a surprising amount of younger women, especially compared to other physical sciences.   I see a big push among the women to mentor high school and college aged girls and try to excite everyone about women in science. 

When I worked software, it was much like you described. 

I'm an electrical engineer and I'm definitely almost always the only female engineer in the room. I have always been pretty active in mentoring and recruiting stuff too.
    A work in progress

CP October 2014

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    There is a baby in there! Hb is 163 bpm and I'm measuring exactly 8 weeks! I feel so relieved. Also, I now want a bagel.

Yay! Congrats!

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Options
    Woo hoo! Congrats @TheNetwork!!!
  • Options
    @MandJS that's a hard spot to be in.  :-(  My DH keeps asking about a baby moon and I keep telling him that it's too early to think about and that I won't know which dates are best until school gets going, but he seems to think any day should affect me the same.  :-/

For all the folks talking about TJs, damn it!  Looks like I'll have to make a trip now.  I'm addicted to their margherita pizza, so I guess I know what's for dinner tonight!

August Siggy Challenge

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    @suzee0525‌ and @mangomimosa‌ GL at your appointments today!

• Options
    I've missed the random thread the last couple of days because.it.moves.so.fast! Anyhoo, congrats to those with good appointments today and good luck to those with upcoming.

I'm headed to meet my coworkers for froyo and then for a pedicure. Must get ready for Vegas this weekend! :D

I'll read up on the thread at the nail shop.

Well-behaved women rarely make history.

BFP #1 ~ 4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum 6.2.11 | D&C 6.9.11
    DX Unicornuate Uterus 4.12
    BFP #2 ~ 10.12.12 | m/c 11.25.12 | D&C 2.8.13

BFP #3 ~ 12.11.13 | heartbeat ~12.20 :) | no heartbeat ~12.27 | D&C 1.6.14

BFP #4 ~ 7.20.14 | EDD 3.29.15 | heartbeat x2 eeek! ~ 8.4 | heard heartbeat-120 ~ 8.8 |

11.6.14 Courtland Jeremiah & Landon Joseph born sleeping

• Options
    @cafecreme Trader Joes has this thing called cookie butter that honestly is addicting and amazing and something everyone should have in their life :-) Just thinking about it now makes my mouth water and I can't wait to go home and get my jar.  Yummy!
    Yes, I have never tried cookie butter either. It's probably a good and bad thing. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    Somebody mentioned the other day they were making crockpot Thai peanut chicken. Or something like that. @chilibeansm0m‌ was that you? It sounded delicious and I meant to ask for the recipe. We are in a major food rut and I'm trying to find some new things to try.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MauiBliss said:
    I like cookies.  I like butter.  But, NGL, cookie butter sounds disgusting.   :P
    Fruit= good Cake= good Fruit cake=nasty crap
    You shut your dirty hoar mouth! I love fruit cake. You just sit there in your wrongness and be wrong. Wrongy McWrongerson. 
    Yea I don't like fruit cake either. There might be good fruit cakes out there, but my dad's boss would give him a huge basket with fruit cake and cheese logs during the holidays, and it would sit for like a month before we decided to throw it up out. Cheese logs are disgusting too. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    BBnut said:
    BBnut said:
    So I'm a geologist and I have a huge project that just started looking at sands offshore the east coast.  We're looking at how recent hurricanes have changed the sand distribution (this has implications for future wind farms, beach nourishment etc...) anyway...

To start the projects I have 75 50-60lbs buckets of sand to sieve.  They are heavy and it's boring work.  This week all my drying space is used up so poor me has to sit around waiting for sand to dry.  YAY for a break!!!!
    Your job sounds equally fascinating and boring at the same time.  
    That's a great way to put it.  I spend a lot of time watching things dry but when things are fun (like doing fieldwork in Alaska) it's awesome.

Geologists rock!!!

I was a secretary for a geology office in my past life :) One of my tasks was keeping track of capital equipment (stuff that cost over $5K) and holy crap, some of those machines were terrifying.  Rock grinders, saws, enormous mechanized hammers... All in crazy dusty rooms.  Looked like the scene from a horror movie lol... But the geologists I worked for were awesome.  Apparently beer is a big thing for geologists so we got along famously.

• Options
    mweber13mweber13 member
    edited August 2014
    @TheNetwork‌ GL at your appointment!

Eta: Just saw your update. Yay for a good appointment!

• Options
    One of my best friends was just drilling me for the details of my TTC endeavors. She's very open about that stuff with me and I want to be too, but we haven't told anyone (including family) that I'm pregnant yet. It took everything in me not to tell her! I think I might tell her after our appt Friday when we know there's really a baby with a heartbeat in there. This secret is getting harder and harder to keep!
  • Options
    Somebody mentioned the other day they were making crockpot Thai peanut chicken. Or something like that. @chilibeansm0m‌ was that you? It sounded delicious and I meant to ask for the recipe. We are in a major food rut and I'm trying to find some new things to try.
    Sure thing! https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-thai-chicken/b8ad2965-9db0-48a1-af90-97341e6231fc If I have coconut milk on hand I add that too.
    I've made something similar. It tastes really good! I like to buy naan bread for dipping too. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I am ready to fall asleep at my desk but for the delicious chocolate doughnut I'm currently enjoying with apple juice. I feel like Kristie Alley in Look Who's Talking because I cannot get enough apple juice right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sure thing! https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-thai-chicken/b8ad2965-9db0-48a1-af90-97341e6231fc If I have coconut milk on hand I add that too.

Thank you!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"