September 2012 Moms
Options

Tittilating Tuesday

How's everybody doing today? Complaints? Random thoughts? Triumphs? Put them all here.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Tittilating Tuesday

• Options
    I am selling off some of L's shoes since she grew so much this summer. I am irrationally irritated that someone offered me way less than I posted for. I know she is just haggling, but they were on L's feet for total of one hour. No lady, I am not selling you a pair of barely worn shoes for 75% off. Not going to happen.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    shiggybop said:
    My pp appointment is Friday. I'm terrified because it was so painful after having Anthony. I'm also going to talk to her about possible ppd. I am having a really hard time enjoying things and still feel like I'm just getting by most of the time. 

Anthony has horrible diaper rash from teething poops and he screams and fights his diaper changes. I have to pin his shoulders down with my legs and I get kicked the whole time. Does Motrin help with that type of pain?
    I don't think Motrin would help. We just do lots of naked time and no wipes. Wipes seem to irritate her butt worse. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    shiggybop said:
    My pp appointment is Friday. I'm terrified because it was so painful after having Anthony. I'm also going to talk to her about possible ppd. I am having a really hard time enjoying things and still feel like I'm just getting by most of the time. Anthony has horrible diaper rash from teething poops and he screams and fights his diaper changes. I have to pin his shoulders down with my legs and I get kicked the whole time. Does Motrin help with that type of pain?
    Not sure about motrin. I'd dry the area really well then use a cornstarch-based powder topped with a thick slather of Butt Paste or Triple Paste.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    We have another showing on our house this afternoon. Someone needs to buy, I am really sick of cleaning up for showings.

• Options

Today's weather is reminiscent of Fall so all morning I'm dreaming of a fire, good book and a coffee but I don't want summer to end.

My dad offered to put in 5 new windows we purchased in the spring. We're doing a few at a time because of the $$. Well he informs us this weekend he'd rather not do them. Ok fine except getting them installed by someone wasn't in the budget so now we need to come up with $$$$ to get them installed and I owe 3/4th of our Mexico trip by October 9th. I'm going to be eating bread and butter for the next 2 months.

• Options
    Pokedot said:

Today's weather is reminiscent of Fall so all morning I'm dreaming of a fire, good book and a coffee but I don't want summer to end.

My dad offered to put in 5 new windows we purchased in the spring. We're doing a few at a time because of the $$. Well he informs us this weekend he'd rather not do them. Ok fine except getting them installed by someone wasn't in the budget so now we need to come up with $$$$ to get them installed and I owe 3/4th of our Mexico trip by October 9th. I'm going to be eating bread and butter for the next 2 months.

This is me! I made pumpkin baked oatmeal and am wondering if Starbucks has unveiled their pumpkin lattes yet this year bc I'm going to be near one later this afternoon. I love all things fall, but I don't want summer to end yet either.

• Options
    I am so tired. I have no energy to do anything with Grace.

DH has been off for 6 weeks by choice. He took a job offer and is going back today. Overnights. Plus overtime. I'm really hoping this job is on the short side.

I have been eating everything! I need to stop. I do not want to gain weight this pregnancy.

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    shiggybop said:
    My pp appointment is Friday. I'm terrified because it was so painful after having Anthony. I'm also going to talk to her about possible ppd. I am having a really hard time enjoying things and still feel like I'm just getting by most of the time. 

Anthony has horrible diaper rash from teething poops and he screams and fights his diaper changes. I have to pin his shoulders down with my legs and I get kicked the whole time. Does Motrin help with that type of pain?
    I don't think Motrin would help. We just do lots of naked time and no wipes. Wipes seem to irritate her butt worse. 
    That's what we're doing right now, and it seems like no matter how many washcloths we have, there's never enough between the warm compresses for Cameron's eye and cloth wipes for Anthony! I just wish I could give him immediate relief (and hopefully not get kicked all the time.)
    I feel like I say this all the time, but you should try Dr. Smith's diaper ointment. Mason had diaper rash so bad his bum just bled. We had to rinse him during diaper changes with my peri bottle for the longest time. When I discovered that ointment our lives changed. I'm not even being dramatic. I put it on him at night and his rash was basically gone the next diaper change. I get it at Walgreens or Amazon.

https://plus.google.com/102006606260746410948/plusones

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Smiths-Diaper-Ointment-Ounce/dp/B004DGL7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407854406&sr=8-1&keywords=dr.+smiths+diaper+ointment

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    DH just started his new job today.  I am so, so thankful that he got this job.  We live in a smaller town and everyone wants a job at the plant that he now works.  It's much higher pay, great benefits for all of us, he will be home more, and won't be spending any $ in gas.  

I'm having anxiety about this semester starting on Monday.  It's my last semester and I'll be done with LPN, but I am terrified I'm going to come out of it barely hanging on like I did last semester.  

Which leads me to Robin Williams.  It scares the shit out of me that this has happened to someone like him.  I know how bad depression can get and I'm working on managing mine (have been for 10 odd years).  I actually am just coming out of a "crash phase" that my anxiety and depression had just taken over me.  Thank God my mom was able to take care of DD because I was not functionable.  My heart just breaks for him, his family & friends.
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options
    I am so tired. I have no energy to do anything with Grace. DH has been off for 6 weeks by choice. He took a job offer and is going back today. Overnights. Plus overtime. I'm really hoping this job is on the short side. I have been eating everything! I need to stop. I do not want to gain weight this pregnancy.
    I was the exact same way when I was pregnant with B. That's how DH knew I was pregnant. He called me and I was pissed because he woke me up from a nap. I never nap.

• Options
    I had a meeting on Friday.  Apparently I work under a different grant this year (news to me!) and it started 7/1.  I've never had training on client reporting, so I'm filling out sheets by hand for every appointment I've had since 7/1 that was over 1hr.

FYI, I had 42 student contacts just last week.

This will never be done by the time I'm on maternity leave.  The training for how to enter the grant information that I'm filling out by hand on the sheets?  9/10.  10 days AFTER my due date.  I'm the only one who needs said training.  Everyone else has worked under a grant that requires this reporting before except for me.  Why in the world wouldn't it get scheduled sometime like, oh, now?

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Cheenomae said:
    shiggybop said:
    shiggybop said:

That's what we're doing right now, and it seems like no matter how many washcloths we have, there's never enough between the warm compresses for Cameron's eye and cloth wipes for Anthony! I just wish I could give him immediate relief (and hopefully not get kicked all the time.)
    I feel like I say this all the time, but you should try Dr. Smith's diaper ointment. Mason had diaper rash so bad his bum just bled. We had to rinse him during diaper changes with my peri bottle for the longest time. When I discovered that ointment our lives changed. I'm not even being dramatic. I put it on him at night and his rash was basically gone the next diaper change. I get it at Walgreens or Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Smiths-Diaper-Ointment-Ounce/dp/B004DGL7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407854406&sr=8-1&keywords=dr.+smiths+diaper+ointment

@shiggybop I'm sorry - I DREAD diaper rashes so much.  DS has been pooping a lot lately and I asked MIL to check him for poop every 30 minutes when she watched him this weekend because I'm so paranoid that it's going to get bad FAST.  Anyway, hugs for ya. 

@cheenomae Somehow I've missed this recommendation every time.  I'll be ordering some.  Thanks!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited August 2014
    My MIL is here for the week to help me with Audrey. She's had a headache for like 2 days and keeps using lavender essential oil to get rid of it, but that's clearly not working since she still has the headache. I'm all for alternative methods and using oils if they help you, but at some point you have to realize it's not working and take a fucking excedrine! Since she has this headache she is being no help to me at all, in fact she's being a burden because now I'm taking care of her too, and my house smells like a lavendar oil factory exploded in here, which is giving me a headache.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Cheenomae said:
    shiggybop said:
    shiggybop said:

@shiggybop I'm sorry - I DREAD diaper rashes so much.  DS has been pooping a lot lately and I asked MIL to check him for poop every 30 minutes when she watched him this weekend because I'm so paranoid that it's going to get bad FAST.  Anyway, hugs for ya. 

@cheenomae Somehow I've missed this recommendation every time.  I'll be ordering some.  Thanks!
    You guys will have to give me your review on it. I literally love it...Literally!

• Options
    My MIL is here for the week to help me with Audrey. She's had a headache for like 2 days and keeps using lavender essential oil to get rid of it, but that's clearly not working since she still has the headache. I'm all for alternative methods and using oils if they help you, but at some point you have to realize it's not working and take a fucking excedrine! Since she has this headache she is being no help to me at all, in fact she's being a burden because now I'm taking care of her too, and my house smells like a lavendar oil factory exploded in here, which is giving me a headache.
    Sometimes I feel like any guests at all after the baby is born is just a burden ultimately. Sorry your MIL is making things a little tougher on you!

• Options
    I'm here, all is good. I can't even think enough to say anything. We have a lot going on lately so I'm just trying to keep up. We have out first showing for the house since early July today, so we will see of anything comes of it. I'm not sure if I want anything to happen or not at this point.

@shiggybop Our pedi told us lukewarm baths with baking soda for diaper rash and it seems to help a little bit.

@cheenomae So glad you're back!
  • Options
    Thanks, @beebopandbuddy! It's good to be home!

• Options
    Random - I wore a new dress today and my tits are popping out of it so badly!  I feel like that is all you see, because that is all I see when I look down....  Not what I was going for today.

DH was not feeling well last night and I was so worried about him.  I know that sounds stupid, but he so much more fragile lately and after transplant, I fear it will only get worse.  

We turned down the car offer from this weekend.  I decided that I didn't want to regret not getting the bigger car later.

I want a vacation!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    Cheenomae said:

Sometimes I feel like any guests at all after the baby is born is just a burden ultimately. Sorry your MIL is making things a little tougher on you!

True. If I didn't have a c-section I wouldn't have had her come, or i
    Would have had her come for only a few days. If I have to deal with this until Saturday I'm going to scream.

Oh, and I'm not trying to be heartless, but this is very typical of her. I'm sure she's not faking a headache but I do think that she subconsciencly brought it on or is making it worse for attention.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    True. If I didn't have a c-section I wouldn't have had her come, or i Would have had her come for only a few days. If I have to deal with this until Saturday I'm going to scream. Oh, and I'm not trying to be heartless, but this is very typical of her. I'm sure she's not faking a headache but I do think that she subconsciencly brought it on or is making it worse for attention.
    I completely forgot about your c-section. How's your mom, by the way? Did you guys get your coverage worked out okay? How are you feeling?

I know what you mean. Of course it wasn't on purposed, but come one...it's a damn headache. I could be completely ignorant right now, but it can't be THAT bad if she won't take some damn medicine. This coming from the girl who refuses all medicine. If I can still function, I'm going to do what I went there to do. If I can't function...I'm probably going to take some medicine!

• Options
    Random - I wore a new dress today and my tits are popping out of it so badly!  I feel like that is all you see, because that is all I see when I look down....  Not what I was going for today.

DH was not feeling well last night and I was so worried about him.  I know that sounds stupid, but he so much more fragile lately and after transplant, I fear it will only get worse.  

We turned down the car offer from this weekend.  I decided that I didn't want to regret not getting the bigger car later.

I want a vacation!
    Willy, I bet you look hot in that dress!

Also, from my experience.... I think things are going to be dramatically better after the transplant. It's scary and there's still a window of caution that's more scary than the rest of his life will be, but all together, better. What's the update on the transplant? Any soft dates yet?

• Options
    Cheenomae said:

I want a vacation!

Also, from my experience.... I think things are going to be dramatically better after the transplant. It's scary and there's still a window of caution that's more scary than the rest of his life will be, but all together, better. What's the update on the transplant? Any soft dates yet?
    Not yet.  His brother hasn't decided if he is going to get tested to be his donor yet.  DH has done everything he has to do to be listed for transplant, so we are hoping his name is on that list by September.  Then we just wait.  If his brother decides to try and is a match the transplant will wait until next June, because his brother is a tax accountant and next June would just be easier for everyone involved.  If we have to wait, it could be up to 4 years because Oklahoma/ Texas' organ bank doesn't get a lot of donations.  UNOS is looking at changing how organs are disseminated, but I don't know if that change will come fast enough to help DH.

Thanks for asking!  

How did you do after the surgery with no pain meds?

• Options
    Cheenomae said:

Cheenomae said:

Would have had her come for only a few days. If I have to deal with this until Saturday I'm going to scream.

Oh, and I'm not trying to be heartless, but this is very typical of her. I'm sure she's not faking a headache but I do think that she subconsciencly brought it on or is making it worse for attention.

I completely forgot about your c-section. How's your mom, by the way? Did you guys get your coverage worked out okay? How are you feeling?

I know what you mean. Of course it wasn't on purposed, but come one...it's a damn headache. I could be completely ignorant right now, but it can't be THAT bad if she won't take some damn medicine. This coming from the girl who refuses all medicine. If I can still function, I'm going to do what I went there to do. If I can't function...I'm probably going to take some medicine!

She's doing good, thanks for asking! She's coming to visit in a few weeks. My sister in law, who is on college summer break, came for the week my mom was supposed to. The 18 year old was a much bigger help than the woman who has had 4 kids.

And I know headaches can be debilitating, but you are right, if it's not so bad that you won't take something it can't be that bad (she's not opposed to taking medication, I've seen her take stuff).

She's currently resting in the couch with the 8 pound baby while I deal with the 25 pound toddler that I'm still not supposed to lift.
  • Options
    Pokedot said:

I am so tired. I have no energy to do anything with Grace.

DH has been off for 6 weeks by choice. He took a job offer and is going back today. Overnights. Plus overtime. I'm really hoping this job is on the short side.

I have been eating everything! I need to stop. I do not want to gain weight this pregnancy.

I was the exact same way when I was pregnant with B. That's how DH knew I was pregnant. He called me and I was pissed because he woke me up from a nap. I never nap.

I napped for 1.5 hours yesterday. I haven't napped since G was a week old.
  • Options
    Cheenomae said:

I want a vacation!

Not yet.  His brother hasn't decided if he is going to get tested to be his donor yet.  DH has done everything he has to do to be listed for transplant, so we are hoping his name is on that list by September.  Then we just wait.  If his brother decides to try and is a match the transplant will wait until next June, because his brother is a tax accountant and next June would just be easier for everyone involved.  If we have to wait, it could be up to 4 years because Oklahoma/ Texas' organ bank doesn't get a lot of donations.  UNOS is looking at changing how organs are disseminated, but I don't know if that change will come fast enough to help DH.

Thanks for asking!  

How did you do after the surgery with no pain meds?
    Dang, that's so long to wait. Of course I realize he'll be fine on dialysis until then. Hopefully his brother will be tested for him and he'll be a match. I know you don't want to go out asking people for kidneys, but I wonder if you have a way to put the message out there to family and friends. My dad has two of his sisters and nephew test for him and it ended up being his freaking wife that was a perfect match. His sister would have worked great, but the transplant team actually picked my step mom as a better match. I don't know, my point is that it doesn't have to be family and you could get lucky.

Also there are a lot of living donor registries out there. I'm sure you've looked into all of them, but thought I'd mention them just in case!! You guys are doing great hanging in there. Keep your head up.

Thanks for asking, the surgery went great. I did fine without pain meds. The first ten minutes after waking up was really painful, but I think that just happens when you wake up from a dead sleep and don't know necessarily what's going on.

• Options
    I finally ordered Boo's birthday invites. I kept adding stuff to them and deleting and finally decided simpler was better.

Headed into my classroom today. It will probably take me 4 hrs just to wrap my head around where to start. I hate this feeling.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    True. If I didn't have a c-section I wouldn't have had her come, or i Would have had her come for only a few days. If I have to deal with this until Saturday I'm going to scream. Oh, and I'm not trying to be heartless, but this is very typical of her. I'm sure she's not faking a headache but I do think that she subconsciencly brought it on or is making it worse for attention.

She's doing good, thanks for asking! She's coming to visit in a few weeks. My sister in law, who is on college summer break, came for the week my mom was supposed to. The 18 year old was a much bigger help than the woman who has had 4 kids. And I know headaches can be debilitating, but you are right, if it's not so bad that you won't take something it can't be that bad (she's not opposed to taking medication, I've seen her take stuff). She's currently resting in the couch with the 8 pound baby while I deal with the 25 pound toddler that I'm still not supposed to lift.
    Glad your mom is doing well. Also glad the 18 year old helped out some. Maybe you gave her a heavy dose of birth control? Hopefully she wasn't scared off of having kids. Newborns scare me...big time! :)

That sucks that your MIL won't just take something and help out. Whatever, like you said, just make it to Saturday. Don't lift that little girlie though, she'll do just fine without.

I'm excited you get to see your mom soon. Light at the end of the tunnel.

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:

Coming from an oily freak, lavender essential oil isn't really known for helping headaches... tell her to suck it up and take something.

Seriously?! It's not even helping? Ug.
  • Options
    Cheenomae said:

Cheenomae said:

Cheenomae said:

She's doing good, thanks for asking! She's coming to visit in a few weeks. My sister in law, who is on college summer break, came for the week my mom was supposed to. The 18 year old was a much bigger help than the woman who has had 4 kids.

And I know headaches can be debilitating, but you are right, if it's not so bad that you won't take something it can't be that bad (she's not opposed to taking medication, I've seen her take stuff).

She's currently resting in the couch with the 8 pound baby while I deal with the 25 pound toddler that I'm still not supposed to lift.

Glad your mom is doing well. Also glad the 18 year old helped out some. Maybe you gave her a heavy dose of birth control? Hopefully she wasn't scared off of having kids. Newborns scare me...big time! :)

That sucks that your MIL won't just take something and help out. Whatever, like you said, just make it to Saturday. Don't lift that little girlie though, she'll do just fine without.

I'm excited you get to see your mom soon. Light at the end of the tunnel.

It's not the newborn that scared her, it's the crazy 2 year old who is having some issues adjusting and is acting out. Audrey was fantastic birth control!

• Options
    @willy_gert FX that your DH can get the transplant sooner! I know that would mean amazing things for your family.
    Thanks @sharkfarts  I've come to grips with the possible wait time.  I am trying to look at it positively.  It will give us more time to save money and to fundraise.  It will mean Luci will be older and more self sufficient.  It will also give us both time to rack up time off so that there will be less time unpaid or lower paid.  

It would be awesome to not wait that long, but it could have its perks.....

• Options
    AKB090609 said:
    I had to go to my ob last night because I had sudden major swelling, headaches, and felt feverish. He has no idea what is going on, depending on the blood work from last night he may be sending me for a CAT scan. I'm gonna be super pissed if this cancels our vacation.

Oh and DH decided he 'can't handle DD alone because she's "out of control" I suggested that he might have better luck with her if he put down his video games'  that did not go over well...
    ha - all the more reason to leave them alone.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"