Minnesota Babies
Options

Baby's 1st Birthday-Looking for a Venue

eggmankateeggmankate member
edited August 2014 in Minnesota Babies
DD turns 1 in December. I'm not planning too much this early, but I do think I may need to get a venue booked if I want to guarantee that I can do it on the weekend I have in mind. I live in south Minneapolis and most of my family lives in the south of river suburbs like Eagan. I'm looking for a place to host her birthday party for 50ish people and a few kids (maybe 10 kids) because our house is too small for that many people. I was thinking of Edinborough, but it's $140 to rent on the weekend and I really just need a place with a nice open space who may or may not do the catering and I don't need a lot of planned activities.  I was looking into the Minneapolis Park and Rec's, but don't know anything else about the spaces. Anyone have a recommendation of a venue that would be fun whether it be a restaurant, just an open room or something that has some activity for kids to do?

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!

Re: Baby's 1st Birthday-Looking for a Venue

• Options
    There is a super cool indoor park in Egan- Good Times Park that has party space.  Your daughter probably will be indifferent to being at the park (there are a few things for toddlers, but it is focused on the 2 and up crowd).  I have no idea how much it costs to rent, but it might be worth looking into if you wanted something that would entertain the other kids at the party. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly - I'd just rent a room at one of the area hotels. Many have rooms large enough for a group of 50-60 especially down near Bloomington. The advantage is you can book however much or however little you want to DIY in many cases. Sofitel would be the not lift a finger and have every detail handled for you best option for the $$$ down there. Otherwise, the Hilton was great to work with for a meeting we had for an organization I'm involved with. $140 for rental isn't bad in the grand scheme of things because you're talking a venue to handle 60 guests. $140 would be pricey if you were only planning 15 guests, but 60 is a lot of people for a first birthday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Eagan Community Center has several rooms available to rent and a kids' play center.  It's a very, very nice building (we had our wedding reception there). 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We had a kido party at the Davanni's in Roseville.  The party room is free if you order food.  The older kidos loved the pizza's and they have a door so I did not have to worry about kidos running all over the place.  They allowed us to bring in our own cake & balloons and a few other food items.  The kidos played games, ate and had a great time.  Then we took them over to Rosedale mall to play on the indoor play equipment.  They slept the remainder of the evening/night.  It was great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"