2nd Trimester

Showing in the 2nd trimester

I am currently 14 wks 5 days pregnant with my first child. I lost weight from my confirmation of pregnancy visit to my 1st trimester visit. I am not showing and I am only 14 wks. I will be 15 wks on friday and see my doc on tues for my 2nd ob visit. Should I be worried about the weight gain or loss and me not showing yet? Im a little worried!

Re: Showing in the 2nd trimester

• mc0113mc0113 member
    Everyone is different. Most first time mom's don't show until closer to 20 weeks. You're probably fine. Your doctor will be able to give you more information when you see then on Tuesday. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wouldn't worry. Everyone is different but I'm barely starting to show now and I'm almost 21 weeks. You may just take a little longer to "pop" and that's okay. I had lost some weight after finding out I was pregnant too, and even now have only gained 5 lbs, but my OB and other doctors aren't worried, AND my baby girl measured the perfect size and weight at her A/S.

So don't worry! Your doctors will let you know if they have concerns, but this all sounds normal to me. Congrats, btw. :)
    Married 11/2008. Started TTC January 2014.
    BFP 3/30/14. <3 EDD 12/4/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely bring it up to your doctor, but everyone's different. I was *barely* showing at 14 weeks, had only gained 3 lbs. But just in the last two weeks, I have a full pop. (I'm 18 weeks tomorrow.) As long as everything is measuring correctly, you should be fine. Google search images 14 weeks pregnant to see how different everyone looks. Some people look slender and not pregnant and others looks 6 months pregnant! Everything is okay.
  • mb314mb314 member
    With my first, I didn't show until about 20 weeks, and even then it wasn't obvious to people who don't know me.  I didn't have a proper bump until closer to 24 weeks. 

I also lost weight in my first tri in my second pregnancy.  Thanks to extended nausea, it wasn't until I was about 23 or 24 weeks that I started to gain and I got above my pre-pregnancy weight.  I wouldn't worry about it - your body will catch up and will start to gain weight soon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm 18+ weeks and only feel like I've looked "a little" pregnant within the last week or so.  Before that, I just looked super bloated, and even now I still think I look that way sometimes.

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm a ftm (or this as far as I've ever been in a pregnancy), 15 weeks along tomorrow, and I had to switch to maternity clothes over a week ago because I refuse to suck in my belly (I am tall and slender, but have always had a belly I suck in) and anything over the bottom half of my bump even undies is uncomfortable. I feel my bump is mostly bloat but the lower part maybe not because it has noticeably changed shape since the beginning weeks and I've even lost weight. Then I encountered a woman who is 4 weeks ahead of me on Saturday (ftm as well) and she wasn't showing yet.
    January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I will be 28 weeks on Saturday so 3 trimester and I still don't look that pregnant I have a very tiny bump some people can't even tell I am pregnant
  • I am a day or two within 22 weeks & I barely "show". If I wear a shirt, like the one I have on now (it says "Creator of Life", haha), then people infer I'm pregnant. If I wear my regular clothes (they still fit...), I just look like I'm a few pounds overweight (though it's the best toned version of overweight I've ever been blessed with). I have yet to gain any weight (yes, I eat; no, I absolutely do not diet). My OB hasn't worried me in any way and has reassured me that the baby is healthy & growing appropriately & as expected (& trust me, I know this too, since this kid has been fully kicking the crap out of me for the last month). The ultrasound tech during my anatomy scan gave me the best explanation. - I am carrying incredibly low & "around". My kid is seriously poised to come out & hanging out laterally at the lower end of my lady parts, so he/she will show far less. (He/she moves up at night when I lay down in bed, weirdly enough, & then we can see more of an outline.) His/her position is probably why I also felt movement beginning at 14 weeks. So, like mb314 said, don't worry. We're all different & there really is only an arbitrary timeline & set of "average" expectations when it comes to being pregnant.
  • This is my 3rd and I'm 19 weeks.  I'm still not showing.  Some people at work were very confused when the buzz started going around that I'm having a girl since they didn't even know I'm pregnant.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• You definitely should not be worried about not showing or your weight loss. Some people that are 26 weeks along do not show. It all depends on the person. I'm small and I started showing at 12 weeks but my doctor wasn't surprised about that. She also told me not to worry about having a huge belly because it might stay the same size for a while. I did also loose 6 lbs about 4 weeks ago and I'm still not gaining any weight, it's staying at that 6 lb loss. People are noticing that I lost weight but that my belly is very round. Everyone is different. 
  • No way. I'm 23 weeks and just BARELY showing. I only started rounding out about a week ago.
    image  imageimage

D14 mama with an O14 baby.
  • Yep. I'm 19w and still actually DOWN 6 pounds from my pre-preg weight. I dont show at all in my regular clothes, though when I lay down at night I can feel a difference. My midwife just said the other day though she's happy with my progress. So bring it up to your OB but dont sweat it. 
  • TashaPlusNikaTashaPlusNika member
    edited August 2014
    You're fine.

I didn't show until 18-20 weeks with either of my pregnancies. I was not more than 104lbs when I got pregnant with my daughter, I lost weight, the doctors were only going to raise alarm if I got down lower than 96lbs, because at almost 5'6, that would be somewhat extreme weight loss. 

I was 114 when I got pregnant with my second and got down to 108, also didn't seem to alarm doctors. 

TTC #2

Cycle 1:   (January/February)                            Cycle 2:  (February/March)

O - CD17                                                     O - CD15
    IB @ 11dpo                                                            11dpo-13dpo spotting
    BFP @ 12dpo (late pm)                         AF CD28 (late 13dpo)                     
    13dpo = positive fading all day
    14dpo beta = 7.2
    AF CD32 - Confirmed Chemical Pregnancy

CYCLE 3 (March/April) 
    O - CD19 
    8DPO - Faint BFP on Wondfo
    9DPO - Neg. on FRER
    11 DPO - BFP FRER
    14 DPO - Beta 123
    17 DPO - 784, yay! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a FTM and currently 18 weeks. I only really started showing two weeks ago and only started to gain then also. Also the stronger your abdominal muscles are the later you show apparently so some women don't show till much later. My sister on her 4th child didn't tell work till 7mths and no one had noticed.
  • I have gained weight (8lbs) and i'm 16w2d and not showing... I'm wasn't thin to begin with either so now i just look like I've had too many cookies - but the weight is too high to be baby

As PP said don't worry - everyone "pops" at a different time - enjoy wearing regular clothes while you can :)

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***
    TTC Since Feb 2011 - HSG Aug 2012 opened 1 tube - Lap Nov 2012 confirmed Endo. 
    May 2013 both tubes blocked by hydrosalpinx. Nov 2013 Essure Placed permanently blocking both tubes

IVF #1 - Jan/Feb 2014 Patch Protocol - 3 day 5 blasts Frosties - transferred 1 blast BFN 
    FET #1 - May 15 transferred 1 blast - HPT May 22 BFP - Beta #1 May 26 - 578 - Beta #2 May 28 1707
    U/S #1 June 9 6w4d hb 111 - U/S #2 June 17 7w5d HB 156 - EDD Jan 29, 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"