Preemies

Hospital bills have begun . .

CynRO12CynRO12 member
edited July 2014 in Preemies
It's not like my stress level isn't already at an all time high with my twins in the NICU (with what will most likely be a 3 month stay, per my due date, god willing)
But now I just opened 4 hospital bills equaling a couple grand. And that was only for two specific dates. I can't imagine what's to come.

I feel completely overwhelmed and am really trying to focus on my twins having a good day thus far; but those dang bills keep popping in my head.

How have you guys handled the financial part of this experience?

Re: Hospital bills have begun . .

• Definitely check with your case worker. There are a lot of programs out there!!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• e74e74 member
    I would definitely check with your social worker.
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with PPs, definitely check with your social worker. I'm not sure what your insurance plan is like, but with a 3 month stay, you can expect to hit your max OOP, most likely, without issue. For our stay, our insurance was billed around $400k for everything (which is low for a 3 month NICU stay -- we had no surgeries or anything) -- we maxed out our OOP both years, with the girls being born in November, and not discharged until mid-Jan.  
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • All excellent advice!

Thank you all very much for taking the time to help with your experiences in this topic.
    It's so hard to think about the $ part of this all when it seems so trivial in comparison to the twins current and future health. But it also can't be ignored or a huge suprise when we get them home, and life is back on track.

What a stressful time to be in. I look forward to being on the other end of it!!

Again thanks to all replies.
  • Definitely talk with your hospital (maybe they have a social worker) about Medicaid and SS disability.  My twins were born at 820 grams and anything under 1200 automatically qualified them for Medicaid and disability.  I literally didn't pay one dime for their 3 month NICU stay.  Big hugs.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"