August 2014 Moms
Options

I just wanted a damn sandwich!

I haven't gone nuts with lunch meat this entire pregnancy, but I was really craving a sandwich today. There's an older gentleman that works at the Subway by my work. I walked in, ordered, and requested the sub not be toasted. He says he can't do that. I thought he was joking, said yes you can. Did the back and forth thing for a minute, then he says, I can't because it's bad for the baby. I stared blankly then politely replied, thank you for the concern, but it will be ok. Then he says he's making it on wheat bread because it's healthier for me than what I ordered! Ummmm no! Hell hath no fury like a pregnant woman whose food has been screwed with. I just wanted a damn sandwich and instead had a bunch of people witness a fight between an old man and a pregnant lady.

Extended Monday bitch fest complete.

Re: I just wanted a damn sandwich!

• Options
    Omg I'd be pissed!!! What an asshole
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pretty sure he IS management. My theory is, I have 3 weeks left before my scheduled c-section. If I get Listeria now, that would be the craziest most random fluke ever.
  • Options
    I've been eating sandwiches here and there through out the pregnancy, oh well.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options

That is discrimination.  

I actually now make my husband go into Starbucks for me....and I wont go into a liquor store either. People are the worst.
    Lol I must not give a flying fuck about the looks i get. I go to starbucks (not often) and iorder my drink. I am allowed caffeine if i feel like it but I usually get decaf. I order sushi, uncooked lunch meat whatevs. It's none of anyone's buisness...

although I understand about the liquor store...

OP I'd contact cooperate then. He doesn't get to choose how your sandwich is made. Whata jackass.
    (i am feeling exceptionally moody today)
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    What. The. F!!!!! That is just crazy.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    That is crazy! Even switching the bread! People need to back off! 
  • Options
    What. The. Eff. Wow, I cannot believe the gall of that a-hole. I hope you gave it to him and his manager.
    Mom to Frances, 6, Adam, 4, and baby Lila.
  • Options
    That is discrimination.  

I actually now make my husband go into Starbucks for me....and I wont go into a liquor store either. People are the worst.
    Lol I must not give a flying fuck about the looks i get. I go to starbucks (not often) and iorder my drink. I am allowed caffeine if i feel like it but I usually get decaf. I order sushi, uncooked lunch meat whatevs. It's none of anyone's buisness... although I understand about the liquor store... OP I'd contact cooperate then. He doesn't get to choose how your sandwich is made. Whata jackass. (i am feeling exceptionally moody today)

This is me too. I've only had one person have the nerve to judge me/say something my entire pregnancy.. and then they quickly got, "Yup, regular coffee. With milk please." and a death stare.

That's ridiculous!! I can't believe he actually changed your order and refused to leave it untoasted.

• Options
    Oh my god! I would have punched him! If it wasn't for sandwiches I probably would have starved!
  • Options
    I told my husband that after I deliver he needs to go get my a large sub from outlet local sub shop because I have not eating any subs with meat on them in 9 months. Also I think it is funny to buy beer and cigs while prego. I have not been carded once and I always get carded. My uncle sent me to buy him cigs to see what the cashier would do.

Anniversary

• Options
    I would be so pissed if that happened.  Luckily I haven't had to deal with that.  I did have a friend ask if I was allowed to have a hot dog.  I told her I was allowed to eat anything I wanted.  
  • Options
    I eat a Turkey sandwich for breakfast everyday. Literally every day- it helps control my GD. I am going to be fine. The only thing my doctor said is no alcohol and smoking. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I can't eat shrimp around my FIL because then I get a lecture on how it's bad for you, yadda, yadda, yadda. Even though I told him my dr said it's ok if I eat every now and then, he says she's wrong. Cause, you know, it's not like she has a degree or anything. SMH. Sorry that happened to you. I would have punched him, then called management.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    Yeah that's nuts and rude. I don't care about the looks anymore, but I did with my first pregnancy. I've gone to the liquor store and bought cigars for H the same day. I definitely got some awful looks waddling around the liquor store. I also get whatever I want at Starbucks and have never received any bad looks.

• Options
    Wow.... what a nosey ass hole!  Does it even occur to these morons that there's a chance the sandwich/coffee/booze might not even be for YOU!  How does he know you're not getting it for a friend?  I swear...

• Options
    I would have lied and said it's for my husband!  
  • Options
    I would have been ragey bitch on him.  Made sure I spoke loud enough that other patrons heard about his deli meats containing listeria.  I have a subway next door to where I work.  I eat there at least 2-3 times a week.  That strawberry kiwi tea is amazing!

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited July 2014

Quote fail... Trying to quote @lookatme3639 about ordering coffee, etc. (It shows up when I go in to edit, but won't display when I post???)

This is totally me. But I did make my DH order the beer I had with dinner a couple of nights ago just to avoid public drama.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    PeedyPeedy member
    I would have been livid!

I eat deli meat all the time from Whole Foods, all their meat is nitrate free... And Listeria is sooooo rare.
  • Options
    Wow..... I would have walked out and found another subway!! What a jerk!
    I had a Philly cheesesteak today.
  • Options
    So update.... Hell yes I got my sandwich how I wanted. Would have ended up on the 6 o'clock news had I not. Went back to work and told a coworker about it. Turns out that freak is the owner of that particular franchise. Won't be eating there anymore. And I am with the rest of the Starbucks crew. I get a latte every now and then. The baby likes it :)
  • Options
    That's ridiculous I would have complained to corporate. Lots of people have tried to give me opinions on what I am eating or not eating and I have basically told them to buzz off. When I was 9 months pregnant with DD I went to the liquor store and bought DH alcohol for Christmas. The looks were fantastic. I was out to dinner last week and the waitress suggested alcohol drinks for everyone and then got to me and said Oh not you. I wouldn't let you have any alcohol. I was like Ok I wasn't planning on it anyways.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Sorry this happened. He really had no right!

I've had a deli sandwich (subway/jimmy johns) a few times a month throughout pregnancy. I do like the oven roasted chicken at Subway though and it's already heated. 

Seems like we should all be more worried about fruits based on recent listeria scares.

• Options
    Go to Firehouse.  They steam everything so it's hot :)

>>>---FSU--->

• Options
    Jersey Mike's is my jam and I would hopped the counter and made my own damn sammich if they would have told me no at any point. But they didn't :) Plus they're all kids/younger so they don't care, they just want you out of the line.
    x

• Options
    I told my mom this story...her first comment was to ask the guy if he was saying the food was infected with listeria...wouldn't that put a wrench in his theory
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    Jersey Mike's is my jam and I would hopped the counter and made my own damn sammich if they would have told me no at any point. But they didn't :) Plus they're all kids/younger so they don't care, they just want you out of the line.
    We LOVE Jersey Mikes. We get lunch there once a week.
  • Options
    I've never been to a Firehouse, but I do have a Jersey Mikes nearby. Now I want a damn cheesesteak and I'm off til Thursday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"