September 2012 Moms
Options

Top of the mornin'!

Re: Top of the mornin'!

• Options
    27boo27boo member
    loislayn said:
    Bed rest. Womp womp. Called the doc yesterday after my 3rd headache with vision changes, had elevated BP, some protein in the urine, and hand swelling. So yay. Bed rest, jug o pee for 24 hours, and if anything changes "get your ass back in here." This shit is for the birds. Netflix recs?

Oh no! Firefly or Rules of Engagement. Opposites, but I <3 them both.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thebanich said:
    @loislayn Have you watched Call the Midwife?  I'm absolutely in love.
    I like it too! I'm almost through the first season. Makes me appreciate modern medicine. I might skip it though....considering why you are on bed rest. Just an idea. 
    I second @melody921 OITNB and Sex & the City, but also want to add My So-Called Life to the list of Dawson's and OC. You know, teenage angst and shit. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Happy birthday @amandad715! I just took 3 days off of work and now I have 571 unread emails in my inbox. So now I'm wasting time on here in between opening emails.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    I just inhaled a jimmy johns pepe and jalapeno chips, and I'm like - that was good, what's next?  I've made a deal with myself that if I'm still hungry in one hour I can eat a snack... freaking ridiculous!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Also, I have a strange craving for mayo all the time now.  I've never liked it but want to drink it.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Boo @BPer‌ and @loislayn‌ Inside babies can be such a pain. Hope it gets better.
    This is exactly what I was going to type!  Hope things get better!

• Options
    I didn't remember you had bell's palsy last time @bper.  Did your face just go numb?

@loislayn23 Maybe your coworker will take things seriously from now on.  Who are we kidding, probably not.  She's probably flapping her jaw today.  Does she have any kids btw?

• Options
    If the NC legislature doesn't come to a resolution on a budget this week I'm going to lose my effing mind. I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear if DH is going to get the raise they promised.
  • Options
    I'm wearing yoga pants to class tonight.  I decided this over lunch a few minutes ago.  (FFTC?) 

I also can't believe it's the middle of July and I'm wearing a hoodie in the middle of the day.  I love you, Michigan.

Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options
    @amandad715 happy birthday!

LL,  I started True Detective a couple days ago and I'm hooked.  I also watched the first episode of OITNB.  Oh mah Gahd.  Lol.  Can't wait to get caught up on it.   SATC is a favorite I can always fall back on.

• Options
    BPerBPer member
    I didn't remember you had bell's palsy last time @bper.  Did your face just go numb?

@loislayn23 Maybe your coworker will take things seriously from now on.  Who are we kidding, probably not.  She's probably flapping her jaw today.  Does she have any kids btw?

I developed it literally on my due date with Hannah. I was at home goods, and felt like I had a migraine coming on, just shooting pain above my right eye. I went home and within a few hours, I noticed tingling and numbness on the right side of my face. Called my OB, she had me go to l&d, and they thought it was residual nerve pain from my migraine, told me to come back in the morning if it got worse.
    By the time I got up, the entire right side of my face was drooping, a full inch lower than my left. If stayed that way until 6w after delivery. It really fucking sucked. I couldn't eat, or drink, or even blink with my right eye. So...yeah.

• Options
    Yesterday at my appointment after my ultrasound the Dr said she could probably pull out my Mirena (perforated a little in the ute) in office.  I'm thinking I'll need a strap of leather to bite down on for that appointment. 
  • Options
    Yesterday at my appointment after my ultrasound the Dr said she could probably pull out my Mirena (perforated a little in the ute) in office.  I'm thinking I'll need a strap of leather to bite down on for that appointment. 
    That's good news though. They can see it and feel confident enough to get it. I might ask for some pain killers before that appt.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Oh man, True Detective messed with my head big time.  I couldn't watch it by myself, but I'm a big wuss.  It was so damn good.  Best show that's been on HBO in awhile.

Also, for anyone who has Showtime, Ray Donovan is one of the best shows on TV.  It's my #1 TV show to recommend right now.  DH and I very rarely agree on shoes and this is one he loves too. I hope if you guys do watch it you all think of me when the character Mickey is on.  Because that's my FIL.  Pretty much to a T.  Only my FIL doesn't have people who want to kill him, and his African American son that the family didn't know about until recently is only 8, not an adult.  Other than that...the drinking, the smoking, the "everyone hates me" mentality...yea, it's all there.  It's pretty funny.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    That's good news though. They can see it and feel confident enough to get it. I might ask for some pain killers before that appt.
    Definitely plan on asking for pain killers ahead of time now!  I remember her putting it in, and that procedure drew tears.  I'm seriously thinking about biting the bullet to get it out sooner than later.  The looming idea of it being in the wrong place is starting to get to me. 
  • Options
    Today is the best day ever.  My windows are open, temp is just right, fresh air, YUM!  I went and got my hair cut, bought a shirt that actually fits me, bought new shampoo that smells so good.

I almost got talked into a $180 hair dryer.  I choked when she said the price.  I might go back and buy it.  It would be the last hairdryer I'll ever buy........ then again...... my $20 dryer is on year 10 so big effin deal.

• Options
    BPer said:

I developed it literally on my due date with Hannah. I was at home goods, and felt like I had a migraine coming on, just shooting pain above my right eye. I went home and within a few hours, I noticed tingling and numbness on the right side of my face. Called my OB, she had me go to l&d, and they thought it was residual nerve pain from my migraine, told me to come back in the morning if it got worse.
    By the time I got up, the entire right side of my face was drooping, a full inch lower than my left. If stayed that way until 6w after delivery. It really fucking sucked. I couldn't eat, or drink, or even blink with my right eye. So...yeah.
    OMG dude.  That is really freaking scary.

• Options

It's my birthday and it is 56 degrees. So the boys & I are cuddling in bed reading books. DH brought me coffee in bed (WIN) and Will just handed me something and asked, "what dis? What dis?" I couldn't see it, so I reached for it. It was a booger. Ah, the life of a mommy.

Happy birthday! Mine is tomorrow. It's a good week to have a birthday. ha
    Happy birthday @amandad715‌! And I agree @Flamingemu‌, mine is Friday!!

Has anyone here tried the magical fart stick? I'm embarrassed to admit i am intrigued. When I first heard of the nose frida I was like wtf? but I love that dang thing soooo...... Maybe we need one?
  • Options
    Eastie156 said:
    melody921 said:
    I'm really getting sick and tired of being ditched by all my friends. I think I need new ones. We were invited on a play date today, and after making the plans the mom followed up with "oh, by the way, do you know where I can get some pot?" Hmmmm nope, sorry.
    Whoa. Yeah, call me stiff, but I'd be looking for new friends too. Do you have any moms groups in the area? We have some groups that have a Facebook group too, so it's easy to connect with people and set up get-togethers, even if you don't see them all the time.

@Holly_1007 I'm free :) Also, I think @icedcoffeluv (is that her sn still?) might want too?  Or @eshee ?

are you out of work now?? Icedcoffee is too busy to play here anymore, but I think there is a GTG in the works!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BPerBPer member
    BPer said:

OMG dude.  That is really freaking scary.

Yeah. I thought I was having a stroke. So when my OB offered to induce a few days early this time, I pretty much didn't even let her finish asking before I said yes.

• Options
    @bper and @loislayn I'm sorry:/ As if a healthy, uncomplicated third trimester isn't frustrating enough! Thinking of you both.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I can't believe none of you bishes watch the bachelorette....or maybe you do and you don't want to come in my thread below to talk about it.  If so, I'm waving my fist in the air towards you.

• Options
    Today is the best day ever.  My windows are open, temp is just right, fresh air, YUM!  I went and got my hair cut, bought a shirt that actually fits me, bought new shampoo that smells so good.

I almost got talked into a $180 hair dryer.  I choked when she said the price.  I might go back and buy it.  It would be the last hairdryer I'll ever buy........ then again...... my $20 dryer is on year 10 so big effin deal.

I just got this one, and I really like it so far. It came with a free hair straightener at Sally Beauty.

https://www.sallybeauty.com/nano-silver-dryer/SBS-345172,default,pd.html#q=nano+silver&start=7

• Options
    Dude, I just realized W's birthday is in two months and I haven't planned anything for her birthday.  I really wish I could do something she will flip out over. 

• Options

I can't believe none of you bishes watch the bachelorette....or maybe you do and you don't want to come in my thread below to talk about it.  If so, I'm waving my fist in the air towards you.

I usually watch and have watched every other season for the past 8 years, but I didn't really like Andi that much, so I couldn't commit. I will be watching Bachelor in Paradise though.
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I usually watch and have watched every other season for the past 8 years, but I didn't really like Andi that much, so I couldn't commit. I will be watching Bachelor in Paradise though.
    I think all of those shows are complete nonsense, so 99% of the time I dont' even know who they are.  I was at the grocery store on Sunday and Andi is on the cover of some magazine and I thought it was Rachel Ray.  Googling her now I didn't think that, but on whatever cover she's on, it's a striking resemblance.  I imagine I'd find her annoying just based on that.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I really liked her, but I'm really annoyed with this season, or maybe her, who knows.  I just think the 2 hour shows make it easy to become annoyed with the people. 

• Options

I think all of those shows are complete nonsense, so 99% of the time I dont' even know who they are.  I was at the grocery store on Sunday and Andi is on the cover of some magazine and I thought it was Rachel Ray.  Googling her now I didn't think that, but on whatever cover she's on, it's a striking resemblance.  I imagine I'd find her annoying just based on that.
    Haha, well so do I ;)

I get through a 2 hour episode in 30 minutes flat with my ffwd button.  Thank god, because they draw it out so badly.

• Options

MRoxy0628 said:

Again you and my husband are in agreement. Although he doesn't have a leg to stand on because he's really into Big Brother. It's mindless entertainment. I have other shows I like that aren't "reality" based.
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:

I just got this one, and I really like it so far. It came with a free hair straightener at Sally Beauty.

https://www.sallybeauty.com/nano-silver-dryer/SBS-345172,default,pd.html#q=nano+silver&start=7

I think you recommended that to me when I started looking!  I have it in my amazon shopping cart LOL.  That's back when a $60 hair dryer made me choke, and now that I've seen a $180 dryer..... I think I can pull the trigger on the amazon purchase hahaha.

Oh, here's one - I didn't know that hair products were 'heat protectants' for heat styling.  I don't use any product.  No wonder my hair is fried.  My hairdresser looked at me like an alien.  I guess I had a dip in common sense.

• Options

I loved the bachelor/ette, but last season with Juan Pablo ruined it for me. I had to take a season off
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:

I think you recommended that to me when I started looking!  I have it in my amazon shopping cart LOL.  That's back when a $60 hair dryer made me choke, and now that I've seen a $180 dryer..... I think I can pull the trigger on the amazon purchase hahaha.

Oh, here's one - I didn't know that hair products were 'heat protectants' for heat styling.  I don't use any product.  No wonder my hair is fried.  My hairdresser looked at me like an alien.  I guess I had a dip in common sense.
    Whenever my hairdresser asks what product I'm using, I lie.  In a vague, non-committal kind of way, but still.  I just don't want to say "conditioner" is the hair product I usually use, even if that is the case.  I'm low maintenance enough that my hair is in a ponytail more often than straightened and down, and I don't blowdry either, so luckily my hair isn't too fried.  I could never get away with this if I had an employer.
  • Options
    FTR, I have nothing against nonsense TV.  I watched Rock of Love with Bret Michaels every season it was on. :-)

I think that ruined dating reality shows for me.  I just can't get on board with any of those, now that I've seen skanks on a bus vie for the affection of a bandana wearing rocker.
    I loved that show! I even watched the spinoff with that crazy girl Daisy.

@BPer and @LoisLayn23 Sorry that you guys are having a tough time, best of luck to you both!

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    edited July 2014

FTR, I have nothing against nonsense TV.  I watched Rock of Love with Bret Michaels every season it was on. :-)

I think that ruined dating reality shows for me.  I just can't get on board with any of those, now that I've seen skanks on a bus vie for the affection of a bandana wearing rocker.
    My hairdresser told me that she tried out and made it on ROL, but the clause that she had to sign was too crazy and she backed out. Basically, she said it said they can do whatever they want to make you look however they want. I don't know her well, obviously, but I lean toward believing her for sure.

I used to watch the Bachelor/ette, but can't get it up anymore. After watching someone you know and seeing that they're totally wasted half the time, it just seemed less appealing/less sincere. I'm sure that's like a "duh" statement, but the romantic in me wanted to believe..
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"