Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Share with us your baby's name

stefugestefuge member
edited July 2014 in Late Term and Child Loss
So, I was thinking about names the other day and thought it might be nice to share our babies names - where the name came from, if it has special meaning or significance, any nicknames? We don't get to hear our child's name enough, and I feel like it still deserves to be celebrated. I love the quote by Nancy Williams "The mention of my child's name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears." So, please share!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.

Re: Share with us your baby's name

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love reading these updates - thank you everyone for sharing!

DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    We lost our child at 6wks so we don't know the gender. However we named her Allie.

A few weeks prior to any Dr appts I had a dream that I was holding a baby wrapped in a pink blanket and her name was Allie. I was confussed because I knew we were trying for a child but yet we were holding a baby and it was ours. I couldn't figure out why we were trying for another when we already had a baby. Now I know that was my first clue that the baby was not going to make it into this world. I believe that the baby was a girl so I gave her the name of the baby in my dreams.
  • Options
    Our sons name was Christopher Anthony. Christopher means "he who holds Christ in his heart" and Anthony is my husbands fathers middle name. If we have a son his middle name will honor Christopher.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    soulcupcakesoulcupcake member
    edited August 2014
    He was actually Steven Lewis Garibaldi until I hit 30 weeks, and then I changed his first name to Duncan. My ex-husband's stepmom's surname is Duncan. Lewis is my ex's paternal grandfather's name, and Garibaldi is my maiden name. :)
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Our daughter Ryan Wisdom. She Was named Ryan By Her Brother And We Chose Wisdom After She Passed We Had To Trust Gods Wisdom In Her Being A Part Of Our Lives, Even For Such A Short Window Of Time.
  • Options

Lincoln Lancaster

I came across the name Lincoln and loved it. Plus, my husband had an old 1970 something Lincoln that he keeps in storage. A real piece of junk car he's "someday" going to fix up. About a year after we had been dating we had to stop at the storage unit because the covers had come off the car and it was raining. We had to stand in the rain and try to tie down these stupid covers on this stupid car. And I wasn't even annoyed. That's when I realized that I must really love this guy, and I should marry him. So Lincoln's name made me think of that time.

Or sometimes I just say he was named after the capital of Nebraska :) (nope, we've never been there).

Lancaster is his dad's middle name.

• Options

I'm not here near enought but I want to start posting more and supporting the lovely ladies here.

My daughters name is Addison Rose.

DH and I wanted something classic and timeless. We also wanted something special that isn't entirely common. It had to be a strong name with an option of a nickname. We would call her Addie for short. DH and I agreed on her name in the car on our way home from a vacation. I had heard it in Grey's Anatomy and always loved the name. Her middle name was plucked out of thin air. We just wanted something femine that sounded good with Addison. I said what about Rose? They make me happy and so does this baby. Addison was the only name both DH and I would agree on. Once we found it we knew it was set.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    We've had some new moms join us recently, so I thought I would bump this back up. ((Hugs)) ladies for all the painful, tough, impossible days.

• Options
    Our baby's name was Ren Owen Davis but after we found out we lost him it was shortened to just Owen Davis. He was stillborn at 39weeks on 7-21-14.
  • Options
    My daughter was Ava Ruth Marie.  Ava we picked because we both liked it.  Ruth was my grandmother's name and Marie is my MIL's middle name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"