Multiples

9 wk with quadruplets- light spotting

Just wanted some feedback. I'm 9w4d with quadruplets. We got to hear the heartbeats this week and fell in complete love!  All look great and are measuring about where they should (one is 2 days behind with a slightly smaller sac). Otherwise, the doctor said everything was great.

Yesterday I woke up and when I would wipe, I had very slight, brown spotting. I did call the doctor & he told me to call back if it got worse. Now I'm getting incredibly nervous and almost want to call in the morning just to see if they will take me in this week for a quick ultrasound. Our next appointment isn't until July 9.  

Any suggestions? Do I just suck it up and hope that all are ok?  Any women with multiples also go through this? 

Re: 9 wk with quadruplets- light spotting

• I would request to go in. But remember you also don't want to aggravate your cervix by having to much internal monitoring and you would need a vaginal ultra sound to check babies
  • congrats on your babies! I would call your doc again and just let them know what's going on and how anxious you are. I have a feeling they'll be hearing from you lots over the next 30 weeks! I had brown spotting at 15 weeks, and everything was fine. If they'll let you come in earlier, why not? The worst they can say is "no" but I doubt they'll say that.
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • zazu13zazu13 member
    edited June 2014
    I had red bleeding during wk 12. It scared me so bad. The girls were fine. The dr could never find a source for the bleeding, but said it wasnt uncommon with the rapid growth of a multiples pregnancy. I hope all is well. Definitely go be checked for peace of mind :) I wouldnt wait

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• I had some light spotting early on as well. I was told it could have been from the progesterone supps, but was also told to take it easy. I also ended up with a polyp in my cervix, but it was of no danger to the babies. From what I remember, spotting is more common with multiple pregnancies. I know how scary it is, I even called out of work the first time I saw it I was so terrified! Best wishes!
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

• I spotted like that around that time. I stayed home from work and called the doc the next day (hoping they would say come in). I took the toddler to daycare and laid on the couch all day. It was gone by the next day. I would def call just to see what they say. 

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• I had a tiny bit of pink or reddish brown blood on my tp when I wiped, too, at 20 something weeks. OB checked and all was fine with the babies and my whole vaginal area. Could have just been irritated or something she said. I'd try not to worry, but I totally get your anxiety. Usually they say to only be concerned if there's bright red blood.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had bleeding very early on and my twins are perfect.  That being said, I did go into the OB to have it checked.  Please take care and check in; it's likely normal but always good to have reassurance.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm an ultrasound tech at a fertility clinic and also have twins. Brown is nothing to worry about. We worry when it's bright red. You might of had a sub choronic bleed and it's coming out.
  • That's how we found our twins. I had a good amount of spotting in all different shades of pink, red and purple. Luckily it was just our babies getting nice and comfortable for a long stay. It's scary but I just had faith and held on. My dr said regardless if I laid in bed or did cartwheels outside, if one isn't going to make it there was nothing they could do. It was rough to hear but it took some stress away and made me stay positive which is what they need. Hang in there. 4 heartbeats is a good sign.
  • Well after a great day of no spotting, it woke me up again this morning. I feel weird to call the doctor again, but DH says I would feel better if I did.

My question: am I potentially doing too much?  Over the weekend I did nothing- literally, I laid around and did nothing. Yesterday I was feeling better so I came to work. I do not have a physically demanding job. I'm a Mental Health & A&D counselor. The first 3 hours I am in group with my clients and don't have to stand up a lot- so the only walking I do is around the building. The rest of the day, I'm sitting upright at a desk.  Should I ask for the afternoon off to be able to prop my feet up? I felt a little more cramping late last night and into the morning, but I don't know if that's psychological.  This morning it feels more like my stomach muscles are cramping.

Those of you who did have spotting, what did you do when the doctor said "take it easy & keep your feet up"? I'm thinking of talking to my director & letting him know that I need to leave early so I can rest, since I can't really prop up at work.

• basil2basil2 member
    I'd call and see if you can do an ultrasound this week. Though that said, it is a holiday week and may be harder to get an appointment- there isn't an urgent medical need (it won't change anything to go in now) but it would definitely help you to know what's going on.
    I don't think you need to overdo the rest at this point, don't over exert yourself but normal everyday activities in moderation are not going to cause a miscarriage at this point. ( if something is wrong it's not likely you did anything to cause the problem).
    Don't feel bad about calling- you're pregnant with quads- you're going to need more than the average amount of attention.
  • My doctor told me I could come in to have heartbeats checked anytime, to ease my mind. Also when I needed to put feet up at work, turns out a footstool is helpful, they dont have to be up above your waist or heart, just not straight down helps... :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"