Baby Names
Options

Names to go with middle name Joanne

DH and I are having a hard time finding a first name that goes with our set middle name of Joanne (MIL). 
We love Juliet, but are thinking the double J might sound weird. Another name we like is Scarlett. 

I would love some honest feedback - Juliet Joanne; yay or nay? Other names that may sound good with Joanne?

Thanks!
BFP #1: 01/10/12, Baby girl Morgan born 09/08/12
BFP #2: 01/06/14, EDD 09/17/14, CP on 01/20/14
BFP #3: 02/17/14, EDD 10/27/14
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Names to go with middle name Joanne

• Options
    I think Scarlett Joanne has a nicer ring to it than Juliet Joanne. I love both of those names so here are a few others I like - in case any give you ideas.

Violet Joanne (DD)
    Elizabeth Joanne
    Olivia Joanne
    Felicity Joanne
    Rebecca Joanne
    Natalie Joanne
    Audrey Joanne
    Tessa Joanne
    Clara Joanne
    Cynthia Joanne
    Hailey Joanne
    Alice Joanne
    Lilah Joanne

Good luck!!
  • Options
    I know what you mean about the 2 Js but it's not terrible. Scarlett Joanne is a bit nicer. I don't think it should be a deal breaker, though. If you love it, use it:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eliza Joanne
    Rachel Joanne
    Heather Joanne
    Emily Joanne
    Sarah Joanne
    Amy Joanne
    Michaela Joanne
    Bethany Joanne

Good luck! I think Joanne is very versatile for a middle name, so you'll find something :)
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    I would use Juliet if you love it.  It's not the best flow but for first and middle names it's not that big of a deal.  Unless you plan to use the middle name a lot.  

I prefer Juliet to Scarlet.
  • Options

I like alliteration, so it doesn't bother me, but I do think in terms of flow, Joanne is a tough one in the MN spot.  My grandmother's name was Giovanna (so, Joanne in Italian) so we considered both names for a while as middles and had a hard time.  We eventually went with something else.

Just as a suggestion, could you use Jo or Joan instead?  Juliet Joan?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    JMU_Bride09JMU_Bride09 member
    edited June 2014
    I dislike alliteration, but Juliet Joanne doesn't sound horrible. I do prefer the flow of Scarlett Joanne, though it does make me think of Scarlett Johansson (not necessarily a bad thing).

Eta: some suggestions:

Adeline Joanne
    Caitlin Joanne
    Esther Joanne
    Gabrielle Joanne
    Isabella Joanne
    Kayla Joanne
    Lindsey Joanne
    Victoria Joanne

• Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions! @Helenahhandbasket it's true, nothing really 'goes' with Joanne. Unfortunately for some reason DH's family is very opinionated on the fact that if you are going to name someone after a family member, you should use their proper name. 

I'm leaning towards just going with Juliet, since that's what we really like anyways. I think the more I get used to Juliet Joanne together, the more I like it. 

I really liked the suggestion of Felicity and Violet also - I will definitely pass those on to DH, thanks @Jennifer2008!
    BFP #1: 01/10/12, Baby girl Morgan born 09/08/12
    BFP #2: 01/06/14, EDD 09/17/14, CP on 01/20/14
    BFP #3: 02/17/14, EDD 10/27/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I like Scarlet Joanne, but not Juliet Joanne. Others:

Charlotte Joanne
    Heather Joanne
    Helena Joanne
    Katherine Joanne
    Christina Joanne