June 2014 Moms

**Thurs 6/05 Random/AW/SS Thread**

Re: **Thurs 6/05 Random/AW/SS Thread**

• @StrawberryDreams219‌ - Pictures are absolutely vital of these matching super hero outfits. How. Adorable.

Uh, YES - pictures are a must!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After being informed by my brother that he's bringing his puppy to my house yesterday, I'm thinking that I should send a mass text/message to my family laying down ground rules for my labor and their visits. Do you think that is appropriate or tacky? Should I just send individual texts? I want to make sure that things are very clear because my stress levels are rising and I don't want to deal with it later.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • After being informed by my brother that he's bringing his puppy to my house yesterday, I'm thinking that I should send a mass text/message to my family laying down ground rules for my labor and their visits. Do you think that is appropriate or tacky? Should I just send individual texts? I want to make sure that things are very clear because my stress levels are rising and I don't want to deal with it later.
    Personally I would text them individually.  However, if you have an iphone, you can always type it up one time, copy and paste it and just change what needs to be changed to each person.

June 2014 - June Siggy Challenge - Favorite Hottie
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
  • vv826vv826 member
    @otter1103‌ you have beautiful kids!
  • lest12lest12 member
    After being informed by my brother that he's bringing his puppy to my house yesterday, I'm thinking that I should send a mass text/message to my family laying down ground rules for my labor and their visits. Do you think that is appropriate or tacky? Should I just send individual texts? I want to make sure that things are very clear because my stress levels are rising and I don't want to deal with it later.
    @ricecakes1216‌ - I think it depends on content/context and who you're sending them to. I would totally send my immediate family a "quick" text saying, you know, please call before you come or don't ring the doorbell... But outside of my immediate family I might feel weird. If you don't mind my asking, what are you planning in asking them to do?

image        image

• lest12lest12 member
    You will see home soon, @mrsdbc! How is he handling all of the excitement?

image        image

• lest12lest12 member
    @mrsdbc - :( I'm sure he's just caught up in all the stuff going on. It's better that's he's doing ok! Hang in there you will get to hug both of your babies at the same time very soon!

image        image

• lest12 said:

After being informed by my brother that he's bringing his puppy to my house yesterday, I'm thinking that I should send a mass text/message to my family laying down ground rules for my labor and their visits. Do you think that is appropriate or tacky? Should I just send individual texts? I want to make sure that things are very clear because my stress levels are rising and I don't want to deal with it later.

@ricecakes1216‌ - I think it depends on content/context and who you're sending them to. I would totally send my immediate family a "quick" text saying, you know, please call before you come or don't ring the doorbell... But outside of my immediate family I might feel weird. If you don't mind my asking, what are you planning in asking them to do?

@lest12‌
    It would be to my siblings and parents. I'm worried about 2/3 siblings and my mom posting on FB pictures or birth announcements before we get the chance. So I'd be asking for them not to post until we do and no dogs.

My friend told me I sound like a pregnant control freak. Which I am. My in laws won't be at the hospital as it's too far of a trip to make last minute, they'll be coming a few days late, and my niece doesn't live here. I would hate for them to either see a picture or learn of the details on FB. My mom made it clear today that she will be posting and keeping everyone in the loop (see my Monday bitchfest post...) and has already divulged too much on FB.

I'm probably making a bigger deal, but I deal with anxiety and this is a huge source for me.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • lest12 said:

@lest12‌
    It would be to my siblings and parents. I'm worried about 2/3 siblings and my mom posting on FB pictures or birth announcements before we get the chance. So I'd be asking for them not to post until we do and no dogs.

My friend told me I sound like a pregnant control freak. Which I am. My in laws won't be at the hospital as it's too far of a trip to make last minute, they'll be coming a few days late, and my niece doesn't live here. I would hate for them to either see a picture or learn of the details on FB. My mom made it clear today that she will be posting and keeping everyone in the loop (see my Monday bitchfest post...) and has already divulged too much on FB.

I'm probably making a bigger deal, but I deal with anxiety and this is a huge source for me.

For this exact reason, I'm locking my FB down. No one will be able to post on my wall or tag me in anything until I unlock it. I'm also asking family to not post pictures or anything until I make an announcement. I don't know what makes people feel like it's ok to share other peoples news!!! It makes me totally stabby too! Andplusalso, no one needs to know that we aren't home so some creep can break into our house. DH is crazy paranoid about this.

BabyFruit Ticker   image
  • @crhein26‌
    I don't get why people are like that. It's my news let me share it!!! When H was deployed I asked people not to post about it as well. I didn't want people to know I lived alone.

@ricecakes1216‌ - When I announced I was pregnant, my mom was all pissy because she couldn't tell people or post anything on FB until we told all our families. We told them all the same day on Thanksgiving. I literally was getting calls and texts from her all day asking when she could post it. It was so annoying. And it's going to be worse I'm sure because I will be in pain and tired.

Also, why does your mom need to keep people updated? They don't need to know anything except when the baby is born. People need to back off. Ugh! I mean I don't think it's necessary to update people on dilation except for immediate family. Dear Lord I hope your mom doesn't post that on FB! For what it's worth, I don't think you are being a controlling pregnant woman at all. I think people have lost all courtesy because of social media.

BabyFruit Ticker   image
  • lest12lest12 member
    @ricecakes1216‌ - I would absolutely send my family a group text about both of those things. Or an email, or even a 1-on-1 convo if necessary. And wouldn't care if they thought I was being bitchy or controlling. You're requests are not out of line, they are the ones pushing it here. So, you can stand up for yourself. And you don't have to be mean about it. Turn it around and make them feel bad for putting you in that position! Personally I have an easier time with my family though. They know I can be bitchy or controlling and will just have to love me anyway.

image        image

• Both babies' umbilical cords nubs have now fallen off. They're growing up too damn fast already :(

I saw a 4 month old today and wanted to cry. I love how teeny tiny my baby is
    :((
  • @ricecakes1216, I waited until Charlie was born and told people then that they were not to post until we had announced.  DH's SIL posted before I could last time and I was pissed.  It worked well enough that no one posted.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• @ricecakes1216‌ I don't think you're being control freakish at all. When we told our families we were pregnant we asked nothing be posted on Facebook until we posted, same thing with the name and when we found out the gender. The plan is to only text immediate family when I'm in labor because I know they'll respect the wishes of not having anything posted until WE decide to post. I have some friends who would totally post it before I got to which is why friends won't be getting texted. I've already have one friend go straight to my sister and asked my sister to text her when I go into labor. My sister was like "uh you're gunna have to talk to K about that".

I get people are excited and want to share this time with us, but it's not their news to share and if they can't respect that they don't get a text right away. Sorry you've got to worry about family doing that crap, that's not right :(

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @ricecakes1216‌ You're definitely not a control freak! DH and I were actually talking about that today, how I don't want anyone posting anything about our LO's arrival until we give them the okay. It's his dad and gf that the message is more directed to. They have this thing where they think they're entitled to know everything and share everything. I'm definitely not about that. So with that said, we're not even telling them when I go to the hospital. They'll get a short text when I have the baby, then they can piss off until we get home. I don't want any visitors, that way no one can bother us during our bonding time, plus they won't be able to take any pics or anything so they can't try to be sneaky and post them. In all honesty I don't even want them posting anything about my kids in general on their social medias. I don't know who they're "friends" with, so I don't like the idea of them sharing anything about my children.
  • @MommyWaldron good luck with your interview!
    BFP 12/30/12...MC 1/13...TTC again 6/11/13...
    BFP #2 9/28/13....EDD 6/7/14

imagephoto 1a59b4ac-19a8-49a0-9708-9916e05c4da6_zps5a5904c3.jpgimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ricecakes1216- When my niece was born last week, my brother sent us all a pic.  In the text, he asked that no one post the pic to social media.  I thought it was quite appropriate and took out the sting of sending that type of message by itself.

BabyFruit Ticker

Special prayers for angels that we never met!
  • @mommywaldron good luck on the interview!

@otter1103 love the pic of your kids, beautiful family :) 

I'm with y'all in that people put way too much on social media. I haven't ever posted DD's name on FB and luckily even people I haven't discussed my reasons with have seemed to catch on and use the nickname I use for her. It will be the same with DS. However, I have a much more expanded group of friends in town now since I have been here 4 years. Many of these people didn't know me well when DD was born so I'm hoping they keep his name off of any posts without being asked. I hadn't thought about people putting up his picture...  

@ricecakes1216 I don't think you're being too controlling at all! You're very pregnant and will soon have a newborn; if anyone's feelings are hurt, you can always apologize later and blame hormones ;) You need as little added stress as possible! 
  • The next full moon is Friday....the 13th.....should we take bets on how many of us go into labor? Lol

My due date is the 14th...so I'll gladly take going into labor on Friday

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @crhein26- I understand how you feel.  It's been me and DH for so long.  You're going to be fine.  Besides, if you don't want to share your little squish, you don't have to.

@nelleebelle-  Get the smart phone!  You'll love how much easier it is to do everything.

@mtgrizgirl- I've been counting on this full moon since January.  EDD is Satuday.  I keep telling people that the full moon will help me make that date.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I sort of have 2 due dates (2 different dating u/s), one is the 12th, the other is the 14th....so of course it would make sense for me go into labor on the 13th.

I'm hoping for any day now though...it's so goddamn hot (110 yesterday) and I'm D.O.N.E. being pregnant in this heat.
  • Yay! I thought it was really grabbing at straws by counting on the full moon, but thanks to you ladies I don't feel quite so crazy. I don't want to do much to induce labor (don't want SO touching me at all, don't want to walk cuz it's hot, will NOT try the castor oil thing, etc) so fingers crossed that the time will be soon. 

I'll also say, good points have been made...L&D may be packed, and it's the weekend - I was hoping for a weekday early in the week so DD could go to daycare like normal and not have her routine thrown off quite as much. Oh well. As they say, beggars can't be choosers!!
  • @mullenem - How are you dealing with the carpel tunnel? Mine has escalated significantly over the past week to be a huge PITA.
  • Re: Social Media. Posting someone else's birth announcement/pictures before they can is like wearing a white dress to a wedding. Also, my CMW said that you'd be surprised how many moms refuse skin to skin immediately to ask her to clean the baby and weigh/measure it so they can post it to FB. @-)
    @rachel5130 - I agree 100% on the social media.  I will add that I would like my daughter to be cleaned up before skin to skin, but definitely not so I can post it on FB.  WTF is wrong with people???  I just don't want the nasty all over me.  I mean I'm going to be gross enough, but don't want to add to it.  

BabyFruit Ticker   image
  • jwarnerb- What did you wear to your interview?

BabyFruit Ticker

• @elsa1688 - what an adorable snug bug!
  • PressLove said:
    jwarnerb- What did you wear to your interview?
    Black pants and a grey shirt with black piping and a funky necklace.  I kind of forgot I had these work pants- they didn't fit well so I never wore them but I'm glad I had them for today!  

Also, the principal told me she just hired a woman that is due August 1st and so will be starting the school year on maternity leave- which alleviated a lot of my fears!  Unfortunately, now if I don't get the job I can't blame the baby. :(  AND I'll have to find a different life-long guilt trip.  Hahaha, just kidding.

June '14 June Siggy "Summer Heat"
    Coming Soon

• jwarnerb- I hope it all works out for you!  Hopefully, the funky necklace put you over the top! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Bozzy2Bozzy2 member
    I never knew how much I peed until now. Oh man do I go pee a lot.
  • My H and I are already like 9 episodes through the new season of Orange is the New Black  :\"> I want to walk to try to get this baby out but how can I with that waiting for me on netflix?
  • vv826vv826 member

Not sure if any of you watch Pretty Little Liars but season 4 was just added to Netflix. (Don't judge me for my teeny bopper mystery show).

Yay, I've been waiting to catch up!
  • @crhein26‌ I'm also being induced tomorrow! And I also had a meltdown on DH last night... This will be our second LO, and it's just as emotional a as it was when I has DS1. If not more so because it gave me a major guilt trip about how this is DS's last day as our only baby who gets spoiled and is a total mamas boy who's never had to share me! In just a couple days there's going to be a tiny human he's going to have to share me with. I'm so scared that he's going to hate me if I cant give him the attention he wants amymore. I'm legitimately having an internal freak out about how I'm going to do this with 2 kids. DH doesn't seem to realize that anything is bothering me. Or he does but doesn't realize it's baby related. He thinks I'm mad at him so he's been super defensive lately.. which is understandable but he got really upset with me last night which is what caused the meltdown... he has yet to apologize (and so have I).. but the fact that he hasn't knowing I'm already an emotional person to begin with, has made me feel super depressed today. Ugh.
  • mrsdbc said:

So I've heard "code grey" about ten times since I've been here and I looked it up. Apparently it means a aggressive person, I feel so safe with those constantly going off :(

Not sure where you looked it up but it could something different at your institution vs somewhere else?
  • @cMichelle0423 - So sorry you are arguing with DH.  That stinks.  I think guys just don't get it sometimes at all.  They think everything is going to be the same.  It's not, at all.  Everything changes.  And in 99% of the cases, the women take the brunt of the hit with the change.  I'm exhausted just thinking about not having sleep for the rest of my life.  Hopefully you guys can talk it out tonight and your mind is clear tomorrow for the induction.  

BabyFruit Ticker   image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"