May 2014 Moms

Getting back to 'normal' life. How long were you housebound?

2»

Re: Getting back to 'normal' life. How long were you housebound?

• XathXath member
    Since DS2 was a preemie, we're still mostly holed up because his immune system is underdeveloped and could be easily compromised.  His ped wants us to avoid crowded enclosed spaces until he's adjusted 2 months old (July).  So I do errands with him on off-peak hours, wear him when we do go out to avoid strangers touching him, and we do lots of outdoor activities with my toddler.   
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I started running errands at 4 days PP. My DH has been taking off work to help since I had a LONG labor then C-Section and cant lift much still, so that is super helpful. The hardest part for me has been not overdoing it with the walking. My doctor seems to think I should be on the couch until 6 weeks post c section but I would go nuts. We dont let people touch her, dont take her our of the carrier if possible, and keep it to "clean" stores/places.

I don't know why your dr would say that. The first thing they tell you is to get moving. The sooner you move (without over doing it) the faster you recover!

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Loading the player...
  • mmksmmks member
    I would seriously go BSC if I didnt get out of the house at least once a day!  Took baby to my son's preschool finale party when he was 5 days old.  Wore him in a wrap and nursed under an A&A blanket. 
    They are SOOOO easy to take when they're bitty (from the hindsight of a STM)!  The more you get out and have successful outings, the more confident you'll be! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • mmks said:

I would seriously go BSC if I didnt get out of the house at least once a day!  Took baby to my son's preschool finale party when he was 5 days old.  Wore him in a wrap and nursed under an A&A blanket. 
    They are SOOOO easy to take when they're bitty (from the hindsight of a STM)!  The more you get out and have successful outings, the more confident you'll be! 

My pedi recommended waiting 3 weeks to go out into anywhere real populated.

As a third time mom, my advice is to get out as much as you can when they are teeny. The older they get, the harder it is to take them out. I know as a FTM I didn't understand that concept, but once they have a voice, opinions, their own schedule, and are mobile, ANY outing becomes a complete chore.

• How does one keep a baby home for 3 weeks without going crazy?? Then again, I don't have much choice. DH is only home roughly 1 day a week so if I could only go out that one day I would go nuts!

Anniversary 

• @pistolpackinmomma‌ , I actually meant three months. I drive all over with him in the car, and Starbucks drive through is my best friend.
  • KBowen715 said:

@pistolpackinmomma‌ , I actually meant three months. I drive all over with him in the car, and Starbucks drive through is my best friend.

Drive thrus would not be enough. DS1 was 3 days old when we went to BRU. At a week we had a funeral (my great grandma, no missing that one) so he went with us too.

Anniversary 

• KBowen715 said:

@pistolpackinmomma‌ , I actually meant three months. I drive all over with him in the car, and Starbucks drive through is my best friend.

Drive thrus would not be enough. DS1 was 3 days old when we went to BRU. At a week we had a funeral (my great grandma, no missing that one) so he went with us too.

I feel ya. Going into the sunlight makes me feel like I may burst into dust.
  • KBowen715 said:

Yup!! Walks around the neighborhood and the dunkin donuts drive through are my jams. I'm trying to make it to three months. I usually run errands on the weekends when DH is home and have visitors during the week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"