Georgia Babies
Options

OMG - Play room furniture...SCORE

So I must be nesting, because this past week I've been freaking out about the baby's nursery and the play room.  I have to buy a valance rod and lamp base for the nursery and hang all the stuff...then that will be done.  The play room has been in shambles (sp?) since the addition of the christmas presents...but today I bought a SUPER cute and nice table and chair set from costco for 150...and NOW i just bought this wall/storage unit.

https://tinyurl.com/8hkb7y 

from JCP for less than half the cost of the comparable PBK one below

https://tinyurl.com/8w3n5p

Re: OMG - Play room furniture...SCORE

• Options
    That is awesome! They look soooo much alike! I would love to have a huge organizational system like that. YAY!! Happy Nesting!
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Options

I'm so excited for it to come...it's in stock at JCP even, shipping in 4-7 days...PBK was on back order til Feb at the earliest.  I'm so excited...did i say that already?  :-)  I'm sure PBK is better quality, but NEITHER are all wood, both are MDF w/ veneers...PVC veneers vs wood veneers..but still, for almost 1000 less, it's worth it imo.

With this and the sleeper sofa, the kids play room and the kids' bedrooms (nursery and doodle's room) will be the most decorated rooms in the whole house.  i still don't even own a dinning room table or a living room entertainment center...or a single set of drawers in our master bedroom.   You can tell what takes prioirity in my mind :-) LOL! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thats great! Looks awesome and soooo cheap!
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love love that organization system. Must keep this in mind, if we ever get a playroom. Take pics when you put stuff together.
  • Options

OMG!!! EMILY!!!!  Thank you so much for posting this- we have been talking about getting something like this for our basement but I didn't want to spend the $$$ with Pottery Barn or similar stores.  I didn't even think to look at JCP.  I'm okay with it not being the greatest quality since it's going to be trainwrecked by the time my two kids get finished with it.  Doesn't exactly need to be heirloom quality, LOL.

• Options
    Wow, what a great score, Emily!! Your playroom is going to look great!
  • Options
    I LOVE the playroom organizational/media thingie!!  I have been drooling over several from PBK and Land of Nod, but they are just not in the budget.  The only thing is I don't really want black or white, do you happen to know if there is anything similar at JCP that is a honey wood or like a red or blue?  I'm off to search!  Thanks for posting, and way to go getting a great deal!
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    That is so cute!  JCP is always a good place to for PB knock offs!  And don't stress too much about the quality.  I think PB and PBK furniture is way over priced for what it actually is.  Especially after owning two coffee tables from them and comparing cribs. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They don't have any other colors than an offwhite and black.  I REALLY wanted a dark wood/choc brown color...but i couldn't see paying PBK prices just for the color.  I did order black though.  I got Doodle's big girl bed and nightstand from JCP and her comforter set even and have been very pleased with all of them.  Totally right that it's not heirloom quality furniture, but hey...these are kids :-) if it can last til she's 10 or older I'll be THRILLED LOL!  I'm so glad everyone likes it and hope to inspire others...just don't tell your DH's it was my fault :-)
  • Options
    sorry soon2be3, you are so busted...already showed DH your post, so you are totally to blame :)
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    THANK YOU!! I love the media center!  Dh and I were just talking about going to ikea for a storage unit for Colin's play room. To him Ikea is a fate worse than death b/c of how much of a 'self service' place it is. According to him it's too much work to shop there and then double the work to put it all together with the foreign directions. All of our apartment furniture in Queens was from there. HAHA. This post might make his day.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"