October 2014 Moms
Options

Meaning of the name you picked

What is the meaning of the name you picked? Or if you didn't look at meanings what is the story behind what you picked? 

My oldest is Mia. It means My Beloved.
This baby will be named Hannah which means Favor or Grace.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Meaning of the name you picked

• Options
    DS1 is Jackson and means "Son of Jack" (he's not a son of Jack, we just loved the name)
    DS2 is Remington and means "From the Raven Farm" (We also just loved the name)
    And baby girl will be Piper which means "Pipe or flute player" (I'm not sure if she will be a flute or pipe player, we also just love this name).

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• Options
    Cora is English/German and means "maiden"
    Elliott is English and is a derivative of Elias/Elijah, which means "my God is Yahweh."

We chose those options for girl/boy names because we think they're pretty and classic/traditional, not because of the meanings. I just had to go look up the meanings now! :P
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to look these all up because we chose names just because we liked them, not the meaning.

Jack is from the name John meaning "Good is gracious".
    Charles means "free man".
    If we go with Violet for baby girl it means "purple flower".
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    We picked Jakob Reilly
    Jakob - Holder of the heel or May GOD protect
    Reilly- I couldn't find a meaning

As part of Jewish culture we had to pick names that began with certain letters.  Jakob comes from the Jewish translation of Yakov my grandfather and Reilly was a name we both liked for the letter R 

My FurBaby Dexter 4/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since 07/12
    MC - 03/13
    BFP - 2/9/14 EDD 10/17/14
  • Options
    My son is Donovan which means Dark Haired Chieftain. DH is Spanish and has dark curly hair so we figured our son would as well. So the meaning fit.

Possible names for the twins:
    Katherine - Pure
    Elizabeth - Oath of my god
    Nathaniel - Given of God
    Benjamin - Son of the right hand

We like these names but are not religious at all so the meaning is not really a factor. Now if the meanings were very off or strange it would probably matter. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS is Finn, meaning fair. This LO will be Oscar, meaning deer-lover. Guess I'll have to throw some deer antlers in the nursery! 

@tickettuesday I love you boys' names.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    One of the names we're thinking about means "fighter of elves" or something like that. I hope if we go with that name no one ever asks us what it means. I'll have to make up something better to tell people!
  • Options
    My DD is Carson and named for my deceased father. It means "Son of the marsh-dwellers". 

One of the twin boys will definitely be Silas. It means "Son of the forest". Guess I have a thing for sons of nature :) The other boy has yet to be named.
    photo DSC_7607-Version2_zps4129cb9d.jpg funny gifs

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    DD's name means Christian, as close as I can tell. I think her birth mother made it up. DS1 is Divine Gift. DS2 will either be named Peace or From the Protected City.
  • Options
    My oldest is Kaya which means "pure". I had already picked the name and had no idea if it meant anything or not before I learned the meaning. The meaning made it so much better :).

My second, Ronan, means "little seal". My husband picked this one but wanted Ronin which means "samurai without a master". I wasnt fond of the meaning or the spelling of that one and suggested Ronan which he agreed to.

We haven't exactly agreed in a name yet for this baby boy but I'm hoping DH will go with the name I would like which is Rhys (for those who don't know, it's pronounced Reece). I just looked it up and it means "enthusiasm". I like it :).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Father's Day at the beach 2014 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    Our son is Darwin. It means Dear Friend in old English, and is a tribute to the naturalist, of course. Baby girl's name is a secret until birth ;)
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
  • Options
    Violet means purple flower. I don't know the meaning of Elise off the top of my head. We originally wanted to use Alice after DH's grandma. However that would make LO's initials VAG. Yeah that's a deal breaker. We figured Elise sounded close enough lol.

BFP 01/31/14 EDD 10/06/14

Team Pink! Violet was born on 09/27/14
  • Options
    duckrduckr member
    It means "son of reeve" our last name is reeve. It was crazy when we looked it up and saw that. Meant to be!

• Options
    MrsL2B said:

One of the names we're thinking about means "fighter of elves" or something like that. I hope if we go with that name no one ever asks us what it means. I'll have to make up something better to tell people!

Fighter of elves seems pretty awesome to me!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DS is Gavin which means white hawk; little hawk or hawk of the battle.

DD is Eden which means paradise; delight; pleasure

I want to name our baby girl Adele which means noble; kind; good humor.

I haven't fully convinced DH. He wants Naliyah which I think is pretty but kind of a made up name which would always have to be spelt out. I prefer simple names.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We chose Spencer Lance. Spencer means the bringer/giver of good things. Lance ours my dad's middle name =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"