Parenting
Options

Kind of update/vent/sads re: DS

DS is home today because he's sick, but DH called daycare to ask about DS' allegations of mean kids at school. The teacher said, yes, they are having big issues in that room, with one kid (one DS named) in particular. She said she thinks DS must be too shy to mention that this kid is hitting him to the teachers, but other kids have had issues with him too. She said DS is one of the youngest in the class and already shy and sensitive so could be a bigger target plus is keeping his feelings in. Also that some kids will only remember that they don't want to be at school when they get there, but DS seems to be opposite-dreading school at home but eventually having an ok time once he's been there a bit.

The end game is basically the kid will be moving up to a different room in a few weeks. But, my heart is kind of breaking at DS being sad/picked on/dreading daycare for several weeks or more. I know there's not much that can be done. They said they're working on this kid's behavior, and I believe them. I'm just sad I guess.

Sorry for the TL; DR

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                     DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black

Re: Kind of update/vent/sads re: DS

• Options
    We went through something similar last summer. It freaking tore my heart in two. Huge hugs to you and him. It's a horrible feeling.

image image
  • Options
    Hugs Mama,  I'm sorry your little guy is having a rough time :(  It's hard to see that and not be able to fix it for them.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mei&MeiMei&Mei member
    edited May 2014
    Aw, totally sucks, I know. My kiddo is also naturally sensitive, younger (and smaller) in his class and really takes stuff to heart. It always hurts to hear about our sweeties being sad or picked on. Hugs to you both, and hopefully these last couple of weeks go by quickly and smoothly. 

edit: 'it' is not spelled 'i'. 
    Oscar Leopold 4/2009
    transluscence
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

UGH I'm so sorry LJ.  When I read this I got a pang of "FUCK THE DAYCARE" but really, what would I propose?  When 1 kid is being a little doucher that they send out a PSA to the entire class?

That sucks though, I'm sorry.  
    Same. DH is going to have a hard time not being angry, but I know any kid could be a bully/have behavior problems. He is a sensitive little guy so I guess I need to get used to hurt feelings. I feel bad for DH who says he feels like he's abandoning him when he leaves him crying at drop-off.

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    Ugh I'm sorry your DS is going through this...I worry about my DS1 going through this too once he's in school/daycare
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! Will they end up in the same class again when you DS moves up though? If it's just one kid, surely they have a behaviour plan in place?

SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    It's also sad that that kid is being mean at such a young age. Where is he learning it from? Sounds like it's going beyond developmental buying/pushing/etc.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    They do have a plan. I actually know his parents which is kind of awkward. Anyway, his dad told me several weeks ago they were having behavior problems with him and they had a plan with their pedi. This was before DS started crying and complaining about this kid.

They'll eventually be in the same class for awhile again.

DS is 1DAF

• Options
    I'm sorry you guys are going through this.  Big hugs to you both and esp to DS.  I'm sorry it's gong to take a few weeks to move the bully out, but hopefully they can get him help he needs too.  In the meantime are the teachers going to keep of an more active eye on the kids in that room while the bully is there?
  • Options
    littlestjerrylittlestjerry member
    edited May 2014
    Good point, @mbenit4‌. I think we'll talk to him Monday morning about standing up and speaking up for himself so it's fresh in his mind at school.

I don't know that he has friends @PrivacyWanted. He talked about kids in his other class at home but doesn't do that with these kids, I'm assuming because he's the youngest. The good things is that a lot of his old classmates will be moving to his room when this one kid and the other older ones move out. 

Ugh, this shit is hard. I want to just grab him up and hug him forever.

DS is 1DAF

• Options
    This breaks my heart for you! Your poor kiddo. I cant stand how means kids can be. I hope your DS feels better soon and the issues at dc get worked out sooner than later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry you're dealing with this. We had something similar happen and they moved the other boy early. Then when they ended up having issues with the kid in the next classroom. They never put a plan in place for him though so it sounds like your place is being more proactive.

Can you talk to them about moving the kid early? It may not be possible though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry LJ! We've been through this and it really is heartbreaking. It's like you're the one being bullied but worse.
  • Options
    I am sorry :(  I hope the situation improves soon - sooner than they can move that other little boy up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"