One & Done: Only child
Options

*House update*

ShabutieShabutie member
edited May 2014 in One & Done: Only child
THEY ACCEPTED OUR BID!
I was so happy when I found out that I actually cried haha... Now to deal with the headache of closing! It is SO expensive! Who wants to send 2k my way? ;)

Now I don't feel as crazy for building & decorating the house in The Sims :P
Feel free to laugh at me
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: *House update*

• Options
    Omg! This is great! Congrats! I want inside pics asap!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Shut up! Its adorable! I promise mine looked way worse. It's going to be so freaking cute when your done!
  • Options
    Congrats! So exciting! It's beautiful. :) GL with closing.
  • Options
    ShabutieShabutie member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you ladies! It will feel amazing to live in a house that I actually care about. I plan to do quality renovations and grow old here :)

I think it was you guys crossing all your fingers and toes that worked for us! They even accepted our bid a day earlier than they said they would. It was meant to be :D

Anybody here know anything about raising backyard chickens? ~:>
  • Options
    Yes! Get a coup, a waterer, and feed. Make sure they have a place to make nests in the coup and get some straw around the area!

Chickens are awesome at keeping ticks abs bugs out of your yard also!
  • Options
    Yes! Get a coup, a waterer, and feed. Make sure they have a place to make nests in the coup and get some straw around the area! Chickens are awesome at keeping ticks abs bugs out of your yard also!
    I plan on building a coop from repurposed pallet wood. I plan on feeding them our table scraps(at least mostly) I am sad we don't have a fenced yard, so I won't be able to let them roam, but I want to make them their own little fenced area. I will only get two or three max.

Do you have to bring them to a vet or get them vaccinated or anything?
    What is your least favorite thing about your chickens?
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!!
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wow congratulations! this house is fantastic! I know this sounds crazy, but if I were to buy this house, I would totally appreciate that they left the kitchen half white and half brown - and let me do the updating! it'll be cheaper that way and you'll get the kitchen you want. congratulations again!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Congrats on the house and good luck with decorating
  • Options
    LOL @ the Sims, too funny!

YAYYYYY, so excited for you. I LOVE the house!!
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    YAY!!  Congrats!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

Congratulations @shabutie. I love the inside pictures. Its looks like its ready for you to move in, no updating needed.

You can save money and just update and renovate as you go. Again congrats!!

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Options
    https://www.mypetchicken.com has lots of good info on raising backyard chickens! I am planning on getting some next spring. :D
  • Options
    Congrats!! And I love that you're using the SIms to decorate!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    Shabutie said:
    Yes! Get a coup, a waterer, and feed. Make sure they have a place to make nests in the coup and get some straw around the area! Chickens are awesome at keeping ticks abs bugs out of your yard also!
    I plan on building a coop from repurposed pallet wood. I plan on feeding them our table scraps(at least mostly) I am sad we don't have a fenced yard, so I won't be able to let them roam, but I want to make them their own little fenced area. I will only get two or three max.

Do you have to bring them to a vet or get them vaccinated or anything?
    What is your least favorite thing about your chickens?
    Umm no. If they cant roam make sure they have a little room to move (like the fenced in area you talked about). Or they make coops that can be moved around your yard. Also if your eggs are coming out too fragile add calcium to their feed that will make the shells harder.

My least favorite thing was cleaning the coop. It smells horrid in there. But we had a walk in coop with 12 - 15 chickens so a small coup probably wouldn't be as bad. 

Funny story was one day a chicken got on my dogs back and my dog freaked and ran accross the yard...chicken and all. 
  • Options
    @jackofthebox I am jealous of your chickens. You have organic eggs and all.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Options
    PS my dog is like 10lbs he is small. It was HILARIOUS!! 
  • Options
    That's awesome!!!! Congrats!

• Options
    wow congratulations! this house is fantastic! I know this sounds crazy, but if I were to buy this house, I would totally appreciate that they left the kitchen half white and half brown - and let me do the updating! it'll be cheaper that way and you'll get the kitchen you want. congratulations again!
    I don't mind that they didn't bother finishing their painting, I just wish they would have done either the top or the bottom cabinets, instead of just painting completely random ones.. They will all be repainted. I am thinking a light sage green... possibly a cream color.. maybe I will paint the top half different from the bottom half :)
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
    & only 2k for closing?! Not bad!!! :)
    Thanks!
    I wish it was only 2k for closing... It is over 10k. My husband had estimated around 7k, and we could have done that just fine, but now we have to beg family to give us some money. Boo.
  • Options
    TittsMcGeeTittsMcGee member
    edited May 2014
    Shabutie said:
    Congrats!!!
    Thanks!
    I wish it was only 2k for closing... It is over 10k. My husband had estimated around 7k, and we could have done that just fine, but now we have to beg family to give us some money. Boo.

That's a lot for closing.

When we bought our house the sellers agreed to pay the closing cost because we accepted their selling price.

But 10k? wow.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• Options
    I was lucky with the VA the seller has to pay closing.. 
  • Options

Shabutie said:

Congrats!!!

Thanks!

That's a lot for closing.

When we bought our house the sellers agreed to pay the closing cost because we accepted their selling price.

But 10k? wow.

We paid 10k for closing as well. It was a tough check to have drawn! Our house was bank owned so our negotiation room was very small.

• Options
    Oh, wow! Big congrats! Happy dance :)

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"