TTC after 35
Options

Getting Healthy Ceck-In

It's Sunday ladies so you know what that means.....

This check-in is for anyone trying to get healthier, both mentally and physically. Feel free to join In and tell us how your week has gone. Share your successes as well as your struggles.

Share any good recipes or anything that has helped you.

It has been two weeks since our last check-in so let's start giving and getting some support!!!!

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

Re: Getting Healthy Ceck-In

• Options
    I have had an up and down past two weeks. The week of my brothers wedding was tough. I think I put back on about 3 lbs. my husband was in charge of dinners because I was baking and decorating the cakes after the kids I sit for left. Let's just say that boiling water is a challenge for him. He got takeout every night but I didn't complain because he fed everyone and I didn't have to worry about it. So I had non-healthy stuff for dinners and I have arthritis so by the Saturday I was pretty swollen which I'm sure put a little weight on.

But this week I was really good. I took off the weight I put back on and lost 2lbs.
    The only thing that gets me down is how my body looks. I am 4lbs away from the weight I was when I got married over 10 years ago, and I don't look like I did then. I have a gut now that I didn't have back then. And it is more than 4lbs. It kinds poofs out and sags. That makes me upset.
    After I hit my goal weight I decided to join a gym with my MIL so I can try and tone this flab. We figure if we join together we will be more likely to go at least 3 times a week. We shall see.

My new favorite thing to eat is shirataki tofu noodles. It's a great substitute for pasta. The only bad thing is the texture is on the chewy side. But when you put a good sauce on its fine. I put a low fat Alfredo sauce with a bunch of vegis and I also made spaghetti and peas in a thin red sauce and both were great. You can find them in the produce section by the tofu. But I will warn you they stink so you need to rinse them very well.

I hope you all have done great these past few weeks.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    @hooligans4...only 4 pounds away from your weight 10 years ago is great!  I'm sure you'll tone your tummy area in no time!

I started walking again this week.  I walk each morning as soon as I get to work with a lady I work with.  We walk for 30 minutes and it's a great start to my day.  Friday, my weigh-in showed 3 pounds lost in the last month (haven't weighed in a month) so I was happy with that. 

I have found that a good salad with meat, cheese, pickles (sweet), just a few croutons, carrots, cucumbers, and of course lettuce has been really satisfying.  I also use Ranch dressing.  I've been using regular and have low fat now so I will mix for the time being.  For some reason, eating this salad is really satisfying. 
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ewennerewenner member
    It sounds like you ladies are all having a successful couple of weeks. Keep it up!

As for me, the past two weeks have been moving along OK. It's definitely been easier to get myself to the gym since we signed up for a place closer to home, so I've been more consistent there. My eating has been better, too, and I'm seeing less of the big red, "you've eaten too much today" numbers in My Fitness Pal (hooray for little victories!) I haven't weighed myself recently, so I'm not sure if I've lost any weight, but I'm feeling better, which is just as important in my book.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like you guys are doing great!

I had stopped doing these because I have never in my life been in such bad shape --I'm not just talking weight; I'm talking exhaustion, joint pain, nutrition, and just generally feeling crappy most of the time. I didn't have any idea how to even start turning things around.

I have been making a start at it recently, though. DH and I are eating better and have almost entirely given up drinking.

I used to be a big runner, and now I can't make it further than about 1/4 mile. But I have a plan! I've been taking DD in her stroller for the same 2 mile walk every day after work after work and running more of it every week. I'm at 1/6 now. When I'm running all of it, I'll increase the distance. Fascinating, I know, but it feels good to be doing something.

Good luck to all of us!

*****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Well my re pretty much took away excercise , sex, and everything physical . I can't lift more than 10 lbs so I can only lift toddler to change him. I still walk some but have cut way back. I have been watching and eating healthier so haven't gained. I buy a lot of green giant steamed veggies with seasonings. There microwaveable and help me get extra veggies in! You gals are doing great!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    ***Warning: Loss mentioned, child mentioned***

Hello everyone!

@hooligans4- congrats on being almost back to your wedding weight!  That's a goal of mine too, but I have a LONG way to go.  Great work!

@thirtyninetoforty- Congrats on your loss and on getting back into walking.  Now that the weather is nicer here I plan to do the same.

@JimBobCooter- Yay for a 5 pound loss!  That's great!

@ewenner- Glad to hear you are feeling better and getting to the gym more regularly.  I wish I could get myself motivated on the exercise end.

@Davie813- great job on getting back into running!  It sounds like you have a great plan to get going- I'm sure in no time you'll be running the full 2 miles and then some.

@Samuelismomma- I love the microwaveable veggies too- that's the only way I'd get my veggies in.

As for me... I've had 2 weeks that were not great in the eating department.  Its still much better than it was before I started back with WW, but it wasn't great.  I was down again, however, so that's good.  I think I'm down about 11 pounds total now for the 5 weeks I've been doing it.  I'm pretty happy with that.

I did just discover PB2- an alternative to regular peanut butter.  You can add it to smoothies or mix it with water and use in place of regular peanut butter.  It tastes great and is only 1 ww point for 2 tablespoons.  I LOVE peanut butter, so this was an exciting find for me.

Keep up all the great work everyone!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
    BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @vballgirl78 PB2 sounds interesting...where did you find something like that? 
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• Options

@vballgirl78 PB2 sounds interesting...where did you find something like that? 

I got it at Target.... Its right with the other peanut butter. Its basically peanuts, salt and sugar in powder form (pb... Minus the oil)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
    BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @thirtyninetoforty great job with the 3lb loss. It's great that you have someone to walk with everyday. That is good motivation.

And you are right about the salad. I would stick with the fat free dressing, it will save you a ton of fat and calories.

@JimBobCooter, congrats on the 5lbs. That's a great number with the Lupron. When the bloat goes down I'm sure the water weight will get you to your goal.
    I wonder why MyFitPal has you on 1350 calories. They started me on 1850 and I manually lowered it to 1500. I am only about 5lbs heavier than you and I put in that I wanted to loose a pound a week. I usually eat between 1250 and 1500 cal. And I have lost about 5lbs a month. That's with no exercise. You seem to be very active so your calories should be higher. It just seems weird.

@ewenner having a gym close to home is definitely a benefit. I agree with you about not basing it on weight loss, how you feel is more important.

@Davie813 I'm glad you joined in again. You are setting small goals which will make changing your lifestyle so much easier.
    I cut out alcohol when I started and I'm sure it has helped me feel a lot better. Getting back into running is going to make a huge difference. Since it was something you loved doing it will be easier for you to get back to it.

@Samuelismomma you need to focus on letting that little bean snuggle in good before you worry about anything else. You got in a really good place right before you got your BFP do you are good to go!!!

And I agree about the microwave vegis in sauce. I use that as a starter and mix in 2 or three other steamed vegis. It's awesome!

@vballgirl78 loosing 11lbs in 5 weeks is amazing. I've been at it over 4 months. But I'm the slow and steady kinda girl.

I'm going to target tomorrow to buy that peanut butter stuff. I never eat it now because it's so high in fat. I know they say it's the good fat but I still can't do it. So now I will be able to eat it with with so worries. Thanks.

Everyone sounds like they are doing great. Let's all keep it up!!!!!

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    So I'm overweigh, and I've just been eating and drinking since my miscarriage. But basically I refuse to TTC again until I'm on my way to healthy.

So this is the week where I start making some healthy choices and making exercise a part of my routine.

I also need some help with some spiritual aspects of my experience, so I've started talking with my priest. Basically I've got as far as telling him that I had a miscarriage and saying, "I may come and ask to have a proper sit down talk with you...but I might just muddle through on my own." Which is important in it's own way because I'm terrible at asking for help, so even suggesting to my priest I MAY ask him for help in the future is a step forward for me. He's a lovely man, and we get on well, and he's made it clear that I can go talk to him anytime. But we'll see how I go.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    @KateLouise I'm glad you are reaching out to your priest for help. Even if you do work through it yourself you know there is someone else you can talk to.
    Don't put any pressure on yourself about how you are living after your miscarriage. It is one of the worst things you can live through, and yours was even more traumatic. But I am happy you have decided to make some healthy changes in your life. I think when you start feeling better physically, you will feel better mentally.
    Please remember that we are here to listen also. Unfortunately many of us have suffered a loss so we understand.
    This check-in will give you a place to share whatever you want about your physical health or mental.

Good luck to you

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board