November 2014 Moms
Options

Since there are 20 posts about this BS let's discuss this here!

mamatohnemamatohne member
edited May 2014 in November 2014 Moms
First of all I cannot believe how many times these conversation has come up in last month.

"Cool kids" vs not. It's FING BULLSHIT. A lot of people have made the point that the supposed "cool kids" are the ones making connections, which is true however, they are are also people who read and want to know what is going on on the board. The problem on this board is when people come in, without Taking a single second to involve themselves in other people's posts at either AW or make a most that people have already spent their time answering. I can honestly say people on here tend to give advice about how board etiquette goes, and get their heads bit off by lurkers. And then of course the people who HAVE made connections stand up for each other and it turns into ww3.

I'm going to post this again. Bullying-use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.
I have never seen this happen here. Stop fing using this word for circumstances of people just fing disagreeing with what you have to say!

As for plain ol' disrespect, I don't see these "cool kids" disrespecting anyone like what happened here today. I get an apology was issued afterward and the person it disrespected fully accepted it. That's truly all that matters.

I think we should all start over. I think most of the people here go things out that they needed too and if not I think this is a perfect thread to do so. But it's getting hard to be here with all this extra bull shit!

Opinions anyone?
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Since there are 20 posts about this BS let's discuss this here!

• Options
    Every time I read fing I said it exactly how it sounds and I'm like, that doesn't make sense! Lol! I agree with you:)
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • Options

Every time I read fing I said it exactly how it sounds and I'm like, that doesn't make sense! Lol! I agree with you:)

Lol sorry! I do use it alot. :-\"
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KTgatorKTgator member
    I've answered the same question multiple times and it never bothers me. Many people come here just to "talk shop" about pregnancy related issues (I mostly fall in that category, too). I had horrible migraines/ headaches with my first pregnancy and every time I see that post on here I always give advice about what has worked for me ( same with nausea/ morning sickness this time). As fun as it can be to get to know others, I do think it is important to remember what n14 stands for (moms due in nov 14). We are here to help each other along that journey :) I've had a great experience so far (even though like I said- I haven't posted often).
  • Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    kakicloud said:

Also, I can't be the only one who saw this drama coming when the day of silence was announced. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    I'm not saying it wasn't a good idea, but this drama always follows the same pattern.

I did. Kinda. Which is why I suggested what I did.
    The thought was beautiful. The words were beyond helpful. But I knew some would get all kinds of aggravated.

• Options
    Honestly , I'm so tired of the " cool kids " bullshit. Some people tend to feel some type of way for whatever reAson because they stay lurking and instead of joining in the discussions you want to blame everyone else for you being a wuss and not wanting to posts because your afraid the "Cool kids ( regular posters) will bully you" oh yeA & make a thread to talk shid and INTRODUCE yourself While you're at it!? Way to go!

Really...?!

P.s. I'm not a cool kid but I'm just awesome like that

Oh yea and sorry for the run ons and whatever else cause I'm lazy right now lol
    ;)
  • Options
    Kristy774 said:

Maelara said:

lisaren said:

I would love to see this list of the cool kids. Because as I see it, we're all equal.

This! We are accepting of everyone. There are 'regs' but those are the ladies that post more and want to have a connection ( ;) ) with each other. If others want that, then post! All boards have unwritten rules and etiquette and if someone doesn't like ours, go to baby center or baby gaga because we aren't going to change. We are fabulous sparkly unicorns who eat cupcakes and shit rainbows.

You forgot are also whore knighting!

Also this would be a great place to post the gif. Come ooooonnnn! (I would but I am a little slow, and still haven't done it)
  • Options
    Jatpa003 said:

Kristy774 said:

Maelara said:

lisaren said:

I would love to see this list of the cool kids. Because as I see it, we're all equal.

This! We are accepting of everyone. There are 'regs' but those are the ladies that post more and want to have a connection ( ;) ) with each other. If others want that, then post! All boards have unwritten rules and etiquette and if someone doesn't like ours, go to baby center or baby gaga because we aren't going to change. We are fabulous sparkly unicorns who eat cupcakes and shit rainbows.

Also this would be a great place to post the gif. Come ooooonnnn! (I would but I am a little slow, and still haven't done it)

I'm a loser. I don't have the gif :(
  • Options
    MaelaraMaelara member
    Kristy774 said:
    lisaren said:

I'm a loser. I don't have the gif :(

I don't know how to gif from my iPad :((
  • Options
    hjennihjenni member
    I haven't read all the replies yet. The fact that "bullying" is thrown around here whenever someone gets upset someone doesn't share their opinion is repulsive to me. I was bullied badly in high school, to the point a TEACHER joined in. A grown man allowed his students to use his office white board as a list of all the terrible things I supposedly was because the drum major (and my ex bf) got in trouble for shoving me after we got in an argument. Bitch, whore, cunt. I was 16. I had multiple other teens tell me I should die, that the world would be better without me. I dropped out. I couldn't take it. All they did was make the band director's office off limits and that made me more the subject of ridicule and verbal abuse.
    Wow! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Did anything happen to the teacher? I hope there was at least some kind of punishment (hopefully fired). I was bullied too in middle school, but to have a teacher join in as well? Ridiculous. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

N14 October Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the third trimester (especially when DH eats my pregnancy food)

• Options
    @RedBirdFly‌ that is horrible. I'm really sorry that happened to you.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hjennihjenni member
    hjenni said:
    I haven't read all the replies yet. The fact that "bullying" is thrown around here whenever someone gets upset someone doesn't share their opinion is repulsive to me. I was bullied badly in high school, to the point a TEACHER joined in. A grown man allowed his students to use his office white board as a list of all the terrible things I supposedly was because the drum major (and my ex bf) got in trouble for shoving me after we got in an argument. Bitch, whore, cunt. I was 16. I had multiple other teens tell me I should die, that the world would be better without me. I dropped out. I couldn't take it. All they did was make the band director's office off limits and that made me more the subject of ridicule and verbal abuse.
    Sorry didn't see that before. That's truly disgusting! 

BabyFetus Ticker

N14 October Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the third trimester (especially when DH eats my pregnancy food)

• Options
    hjenni said:

I haven't read all the replies yet.

The fact that "bullying" is thrown around here whenever someone gets upset someone doesn't share their opinion is repulsive to me.

I was bullied badly in high school, to the point a TEACHER joined in. A grown man allowed his students to use his office white board as a list of all the terrible things I supposedly was because the drum major (and my ex bf) got in trouble for shoving me after we got in an argument. Bitch, whore, cunt. I was 16. I had multiple other teens tell me I should die, that the world would be better without me.

I dropped out. I couldn't take it. All they did was make the band director's office off limits and that made me more the subject of ridicule and verbal abuse.

Wow! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Did anything happen to the teacher? I hope there was at least some kind of punishment (hopefully fired). I was bullied too in middle school, but to have a teacher join in as well? Ridiculous. 

He eventually was but it was because he was allowing students to have sex in the band storage room and someone showed proof. Not because of what happened with me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    Logan born October 31, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

• Options
    hjennihjenni member

He eventually was but it was because he was allowing students to have sex in the band storage room and someone showed proof. Not because of what happened with me.
    Wow. Just wow. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @RedBirdFly‌ I am really sorry that you had shitty peers and a teacher! Wtf is wrong with people and I teach in a high school where kids are mean, and there is bullying that happens.(my brother was physically, mentally and emotionally bullied so I have empathy for shit like that that goes down) But I have yet to see that on here I do agree that people get butthurt but that is absolutely no reason to throw that word around willy nilly. To me that word is just as bad as throwing the word retarded or gay around where it is not meant to be. Gah it makes my blood boil.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm glad that most people (other than my family and therapist) agree that it was awful. I'm glad he got fired, even if it was a year or two after what happened with me, because I'm sure he causes problems for other kids. He also didn't really teach.

I see other people get bullied all the time and I always say something. There are times when I can understand why someone feels hurt by what something is said - but I've never seen anything harsh.

Like I said, though, this word isn't just casually used here. I lurk all over the bump just to see what other boards are like and I see the word "bullying" thrown out everywhere and over the smallest things. That's not going to change.

I don't know how we can make it seem like the "cool kids" aren't out to get the newcomers when the "cool kids" are not actually out to get the newcomers. I'm lost as to why some of these people think that's a problem, and how they can be so ignorant.

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    Logan born October 31, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

• Options
    lissydee said:

I have only skimmed over this in between working and sleeping, but I just have some general thoughts. I get the original discontent, even though I think the delivery was less than ideal/tactful. I think sometimes regulars get so wrapped up in day to day musings/happenings to realize that this board is public. We have many lurker and we have many newbs to the bump that just don't know the etiquette. Yes we have stickies, but fact of life is that they will still get ignored. So sometimes when the aforementioned posts without familiarizing themselves with board norms, things tend to get misconstrued.

This isn't an exclusive board/group and never will be. So we have to figure out how to better deal with newbs and them us, otherwise this "bs" is just going to keep on happening.

I am not sure what you mean by "how to better deal with newbs" I was brand spankin' new as of March 9th, and I think I figured this sh*t out because I figured out how to read...

• Options
    @RedBirdFly‌ and @Maelara‌ I'm sorry to hear these awful stories. It's disgusting especially that educators joined in.

Regarding the board, I tend to agree with PPs that BSC people are probably never going away. Sometimes it can be entertaining- this time it was upsetting because of the timing.

People will be people, for good or bad. I try hard to focus on the good. I am thankful for the board because of the "connections" but also the information. I have learned so much from the STMs+ and some of the FTMs too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"