High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

full of gas

Hello, I am 23 and pregnant for the 4th time with previous 3 ending in miscarriages. My loss has no clear cut reason according to my tests.

As a precautionary measure I am on Progesterone, folic acid, asprin and innohep injection everyday.

I am currently 7.5 weeks (or 6+weeks according to ff) but not sure due to irregular cycle.

my question is, I went for a dating scan transabdominal, the technician there said my uterus wasnt clearly visible due to constipation and excess gas, has this happened to anyone else.

I refused to do a transvaginal because of my previous experiences. (I know its safe but I am psychological afraid)

I apologize for my spelling errors.

Re: full of gas

• Options
    Bump please
  • Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    I think it's typical to only be able to see anything via transvaginal ultrasound at that point. My first three ultrasounds at 7, 8, and 10 weeks were all transvaginal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mrsl2b is right. Everything so small first trimester, they have to do transvaginal to get a good measurement. And for early abdominal ultrasounds, a full bladder helps shift the uterus making it easier for them to see things.
  • Options
    Yea, I agree, thanks guys, I was just looking around to know if anyone got at same response.

Last time I was just 5.4 weeks and a trans abdominal scan was more than clear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"