March 2014 Moms
Options

The Randomest Thread

Re: The Randomest Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Guise I need you to hold my hand.

My MIL has an intense need to clean for me whenever she visits. I ask her not to because it makes me uncomfortable, but unless I jump up and do the task for her, she is unstoppable.

Tonight while I was nursing Artie she did the dishes and washed four (4) of my pump flanges down the drain.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pepperedmothpepperedmoth member
    edited May 2014
    @TallAsh‌ right now all my flats are being used as burp cloths.....terrible I know!!

@bunnyfungo‌ I have done that too.....
  • Options
    KewiiKewii member

pepperedmoth said:
    Guise I need you to hold my hand. My MIL has an intense need to clean for me whenever she visits. I ask her not to because it makes me uncomfortable, but unless I jump up and do the task for her, she is unstoppable. Tonight while I was nursing Artie she did the dishes and washed four (4) of my pump flanges down the drain. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    I would flip.  I'm always nervous about our maid throwing them away so I hide them away every Tuesday..speaking of which...

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options

I would share more but I'm trying to rock Robert to sleep right now... But my mom neeeeeeds to go home. Thank god this is a short visit.... She is up my ass! Everytime I change Robert's diaper she comes over to help... She tries to button the left flap while I button the right. ... Ugh....

Lol. Sounds like my MIL.

Whenever LO poops she wants to be right there during the diaper change.
    The first time she said 'oh that was hardly any poopy'. (He's 2 months old and EBF, not 17 months and eating everything under the sun, like the one she just changed,...aaaand he poops 12+ times a day, not once).

I think she secretly just wanted to see how big his junk was. =))

Now she wants to change him every time she sees him. Ugh!!
  • Options

3 hours later Colton is FINALLY asleep!

This. I miss my baby who nursed to sleep every time. I seriously fought with my baby for an hour and a half to get her to go to sleep. She slept MAYBE 10 minutes cumulatively. So after an hour and a half of crying & fussing I nursed her again and THAT time she fell asleep.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    WTF is up with this video of Jay Z and Beyonce's sister fighting in an elevator?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @Bunnyfungo, what happened when you presented an idea for a new project at work that you could head? Did it go over well?
    Or would that just add too much more work?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @FarmBoysWife‌ could you get a remnant with finished edges? Could be cheaper and a good interim solution.

• Options
    @WisconsinCheese12‌ @CaseAndDave‌ @Kewii‌ @jsmath‌ thank you!

I slept on it and I feel better now but last night late when I went to pump I about had a meltdown. Happily I still had two left!

Anyway she's a sweet woman so I am letting it go and slipping out to buy more later today.....but I needed that commiseration! Thanks!
  • Options
    Laura8388 said:

Dh went for a motorcycle ride with his friends last night and was out late. Before they left, I made them promise that today we (the wives) get to go out for the afternoon while they all stay home with the kids. So they are. And we are going to a fancy restaurant and drinking cocktails on the patio for the afternoon. I'm way more excited than I would have been to do this than this time last year.

Hope you have an awesome time :)
  • Options
    @WisconsinCheese12‌ I know the feeling. The twins have an appointment today too (in 2.5 hours) and my anxiety is already super high about it! Thank god my mom is coming with me to help with two kids, two buckets and a giant diaper bag!!
  • Options
    My grandparents came over last night. My grandfather said, "You really should change the spelling of her middle name." WTH? No. For the record, her middle name is May. Our anniversary is in May, so that's why we chose that name. Since we were naming her after the month, we wanted to use that spelling. I explained this, but he didn't care.

imageimage

• Options
    KewiiKewii member
    My grandparents came over last night. My grandfather said, "You really should change the spelling of her middle name." WTH? No. For the record, her middle name is May. Our anniversary is in May, so that's why we chose that name. Since we were naming her after the month, we wanted to use that spelling. I explained this, but he didn't care.
    How did he want you to spell it?  Did he figure it needed to have an extra special spelling?

• Options
    Kewii said:

How did he want you to spell it?  Did he figure it needed to have an extra special spelling?

The "typical" spelling of the name is Mae, which I actually really like. But there was a meaning for the way we spelled it.

imageimage

• Options

@CruiseGirl28‌ my eldest sister told me too that I should think about changing Fallyn's middle name (Bay)
    Because it sounds like a place.
    Kiss my ass. Her daughters middle name is Mnemosyne
    Enough said...

I don't even know what that says haha. I like the middle name Bay (I also like Rae, etc.).

imageimage

• Options
    On another note
    I saw via mobile news strong storms across Texas and the Midwest canceled flights here in Denver.
    Stay safe out there ladies!!
  • Options

I wish they had a way you could do a full body X-ray that isn't harmful so you can see how all of your body parts move to fit your lo in there, as well as how her little body is fit inside of yours
    If this already exists I'm oblivious

This! I'd love to see how she fit in there, and where the rest of my organs got squished to.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Have fun! @Laura8388‌

I just dropped DD off at my MIL's for the day. DH has stuff to do around the house before we move to our new home and apparently he can't do it with her. I've never left her with anyone unsupervised. :(

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options

In the waiting room looking at the preggo ladies, I am not jealous at all!! I am however thinking about how my belly was not very large in comparison to how I fit a 7lb 13 oz baby in there.... She must have been really squished!

I wish they had a way you could do a full body X-ray that isn't harmful so you can see how all of your body parts move to fit your lo in there, as well as how her little body is fit inside of yours
    If this already exists I'm oblivious

You are welcome=]
  • Options
    Its not exactly what you want, but it does give a good idea!
  • Options

nlane0723 said:

Have fun! @Laura8388‌

I just dropped DD off at my MIL's for the day. DH has stuff to do around the house before we move to our new home and apparently he can't do it with her. I've never left her with anyone unsupervised. :(

I'm sure it's going to be hard... Maybe have a glass of wine or something so you can relax a tiny bit. Have fun with your dh alone time even if it's doing stuff that's not super fun!!
    Haha, I wish! I'm at the office today! But I will be having a glass of wine, or a bottle, when I get home.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    ntdanentdane member
    @Jenstwins‌ good luck at your appointment! I'm jealous of your help. We still have to take Owen in for weight checks every two weeks and I have all 3 kids by myself. I load the car seats into the stroller so I can keep all of our junk on it. Thankfully we go to a small office and have the only baby twins so everyone knows us and the nurses are really helpful.

@WisconsinCheese12‌ I'm sorry your nurses don't help you out. No matter how many babies you have there's always so much stuff to go with them! Hopefully you didn't have to wait too long today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm really frustrated and super embarrassed right now. We've always had trouble keeping our basement clean. We think the adhesive under the carpet is disintegrating (or disintegrated) but we can't afford to replace it. We've basically given up and just don't go down there except to pass through to go outside or to do laundry. Also, our garage is a disaster because we can't fit cars in it because of how our driveway is (only a truck or suv will fit) so it's become our junk collector and DH hasn't gotten around to straightening it up. No bullshit it looks like an episode of hoarders out there. Well the guy coming to fix our ac is the dad of one of my friends from work. He's going to let himself in so he can get to the garage to flip the breaker when he's done so he's gonna see all our filth. I want to text my friend and be like "please tell your dad were not really disgusting people" but I'm starting to have my doubts :-S

Btw we do our best to keep the upstairs clean because baby, but it's a mess right now too since I worked 4 straight days last week, DH is next to worthless when it comes to housework, and he was sick all weekend so I couldn't have him take the baby for a little while so I could clean. I'm pretty sure we're failing at this whole "adult" thing. At least our baby is happy :/
  • Options
    AriaAmante143AriaAmante143 member
    edited May 2014
    I had a very lovely Mother's Day. DH let me relax in bed all morning while he and his mom took care of the baby and got her ready for church. He brought me breakfast. He got me a really beautiful bracelet with her birthstone. However, I've been planning his Fathers a Day gifts for weeks and now I feel like I'm over doing it. Brooklyn has a special onesie to wear for the day, and I got him a really sweet keychain and then a video game he's been wanting since they announced it a year ago, but didn't think he could have after baby. I'm also going to tell him one night a week is "Dad night" where he can play said video game and just relax instead of helping me like he usually does. I don't want him to feel like he didn't do enough for me after he sees what I've planned, but I kind of think he will :/

• Options

@CruiseGirl28‌ my eldest sister told me too that I should think about changing Fallyn's middle name (Bay)
    Because it sounds like a place.
    Kiss my ass. Her daughters middle name is Mnemosyne
    Enough said...

What? I can't even begin to guess how to say that ...
    Nuh-mos-uh-nee??
    What?!?!
  • Options
    Earlier this morning Robert and I napped after his morning feed. He slept in his bassinet next to my bed. I woke up briefly to discover my mom was standing just outside my (open) bedroom door so she could whisk in when he would stir or grunt and rock the bassinet... She legit just stood there and waited.

Also, apparently when he grunts or mumbles while awake that means he needs to be held. I don't mind extra cuddles but it doesn't mean he NEEDS to be held.... according to her, it does mean that.

Get me to Thursday....
  • Options

H had a part time employee quit and the company won't let him replace the position until sales are back up, so H gets to start working Saturday's. That's working 6 days a week, he's salary so no extra pay just more time away from his family. When they had him step down the company made him tell everyone it was because he wanted more time with his family. Now his story makes no sense at all.

Last night I went out to dinner with a friend. This was not the first time (far from it) that H had both boys on his own. But it was the first time that DS2 decided to freak out for H. I got home and both H and DS2 were crying. He said that DS2 had slept most of the time I was gone but then just woke up and was inconsolable for an hour! He tried everything I would have thought to try and the kid just wasn't having it. Poor little dude had big puffy eyes from crying for an hour. To top of H's frustration as soon as I took LO, I was able to get him to take the pacifier and he stopped crying within 30 seconds. H swears he tried it and I believe him! I tried to comfort H by saying he just doesn't have the boob milk smell. But I don't think he believes me. I am suppose to go to an Essential Oils party Saturday night so I'm hoping this experience didn't make H a little gun shy.

They forced him to lie about why his position changed?? That's BS

• Options
    KewiiKewii member
    Earlier this morning Robert and I napped after his morning feed. He slept in his bassinet next to my bed. I woke up briefly to discover my mom was standing just outside my (open) bedroom door so she could whisk in when he would stir or grunt and rock the bassinet... She legit just stood there and waited. Also, apparently when he grunts or mumbles while awake that means he needs to be held. I don't mind extra cuddles but it doesn't mean he NEEDS to be held.... according to her, it does mean that. Get me to Thursday....
    That would really creep me out. I'm pretty sure I would've woken up screaming if someone was hanging out outside my bedroom like that.

• Options
    Kewii said:

Earlier this morning Robert and I napped after his morning feed. He slept in his bassinet next to my bed. I woke up briefly to discover my mom was standing just outside my (open) bedroom door so she could whisk in when he would stir or grunt and rock the bassinet... She legit just stood there and waited.

Also, apparently when he grunts or mumbles while awake that means he needs to be held. I don't mind extra cuddles but it doesn't mean he NEEDS to be held.... according to her, it does mean that.

Get me to Thursday....

That would really creep me out. I'm pretty sure I would've woken up screaming if someone was hanging out outside my bedroom like that.

At first I thought I was dreaming... lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"